LegacyGT.com

05 legacy gt vs RSX type-s

If the RSX-S is an '05-06 then it will be definately up to the drivers. As for the '02-04 model, I dunno...

The '05+ had a higher-rev limit and the final drive was 4.71:1, which led to you running out of gears 1-2 in a few seconds... I used to have an '05 RSX-S with an AEM CAI, JDM ITR header and Hondata reflash. Nice little car till it was totaled :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: I almost bought an RSX Type-S before I decided on my GTI. Don't sell those whiny engines short. The 5EAT is a dog unfortunately.

of its a auto FTL, autos are pieces of shit, if you plan to buy a car and drive it hard and race it and be into modding it why the hell would you get the 1 device that removes your control of the engine? Fing autos die...

of its a auto FTL, autos are pieces of shit, if you plan to buy a car and drive it hard and race it and be into modding it why the hell would you get the 1 device that removes your control of the engine? Fing autos die...

Are you drinking tonight?

OP:

I say street race the crap outta him and post up the streetfire vids to prove your might.

Unfortunately I only get street racing challenges from full size V8 trucks nowadays... for shame.

As long as he does not have any DR's on you will be ok. I raced a good friend in his RSX-S with intake, cat-back, and some type of chip. With DR's he was spanking me in my 05 LGT 5EAT. He was running high 13's and this is only the second time he has ever raced. Me on the other hand with a completly stock LGT I was running 15 flat.

:lol:So? That makes his car all special? It's a Subaru Legacy... nothing to really get too excited over. It's a somewhat competent sport sedan at a great price. Nothing to seriously write home about.;)

You need to get the sand outta yer vag and notice the sarcasm in my post. ;)

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Modding auto's are fun! Its especially fun when some guy in a manual thinks your car is slow, and the look on their face when you prove to them otherwise, priceless.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

stock vs stock 1/4 mile times are very close on both cars. its a driver's race but oops he has an auto so no driver found hahaha. stock auto lgt probably loses to the manual type S. manual probably beats him

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

Modding auto's are fun! Its especially fun when some guy in a manual thinks your car is slow, and the look on their face when you prove to them otherwise, priceless.

haha modding autos is not fun, stock for stock a manual will always beet an auto, and yes an auto legacy gt will beat a manual honda accord or camry but thats not that much to brag about. When comparable power and weight is in effect a manual will always have an edge with better power put down and more direct control. Ive never knows a normal car to post faster times with an auto ever, dsg btw is not automatic.

Great, another MT vs AT thread. I don't want to get into it TOO deep, but ...

When comparable power and weight is in effect a manual will always have an edge with better power put down and more direct control

AT will shift quicker and will shift at WOT, full boost. You'd have to do flat foot shifting in a MT to be on equivalent footing. I ran a Stage 2 Redline with pretty much comparable power and he would always fall behind between every shift. He was putting down the power but every time he let off the gas to shift, he'd fall back. Whereas my "lame" 5EAT would basically just transfer from one gear to the next with no pause in acceleration inbetween or boost loss. I do have the IPT VB which makes the tranny pretty much go right into gear under WOT. My point is that the AT can run just as hard on the street and while it may not be as quick stock vs stock, especially from a dig, is no slouch either. I had to turn off comments for a while for a couple of my YouTube vids because of the blatant ignorance and plain hateful comments regarding the 5EAT. Don't be like one of them.

haha modding autos is not fun, stock for stock a manual will always beet an auto, and yes an auto legacy gt will beat a manual honda accord or camry but thats not that much to brag about. When comparable power and weight is in effect a manual will always have an edge with better power put down and more direct control. Ive never knows a normal car to post faster times with an auto ever, dsg btw is not automatic.

Yes it is. As a former MKV owner I've been through the DSV vs. traditional auto debate many times. DSG has no DRIVER OPERATED cluth. Therefore, the car is an auto! Same goes for PDK, DSG, S-Tronic, SMG, and every other dual-clutch AUTOMATIC.

Yes it is. As a former MKV owner I've been through the DSV vs. traditional auto debate many times. DSG has no DRIVER OPERATED cluth. Therefore, the car is an auto! Same goes for PDK, DSG, S-Tronic, SMG, and every other dual-clutch AUTOMATIC.

I agree. It's like having a regular auto into manual mode all the time.

No clutch, not a manual. Simple as that.

I agree. It's like having a regular auto into manual mode all the time.

No clutch, not a manual. Simple as that.

Technically they have two clutches, just no torque converter. My reasoning behind it being an auto is those clutches are computer controlled, not driver controlled. That's the reason they post faster times than their manual counterparts.

Modding my auto has been fun for me. :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way i've seen manual 350z's, G35's, TL's, and wrx's in my rear view. Like many have said its up to the driver, and fortunately for me and my auto alot of manual drivers dont know what their doing, so that whole advantage of having more control of your engine is only if you have the skill to do so. And quite honestly alot of people dont.

Archived