LegacyGT.com

rmb2485's 98 Legacy GT

i have a turbo car. 87 merkur xr4ti. it hits 15 psi right now. manual boost controller. greddy knockoff bov. all you need to turn the boost up to 20psi is an IC. with less than 500 bucks you can get this car to 250 whp. theres a few problems but they dont affect drivability. interior lights and cigar lighters dont work. gauge lights still work though. the problem is yet unknown but that circuit pops the fuse right away. tranny was rebuilt 4k miles ago. paint is good. very minimal surface rust, nothing that cant be ground down and fixed, none of it goes through. 108k miles on the car. interior is in very good condition for being almost 25 yrs old. pwr steering pump is cracked (47 bucks) it holds just enough fluid to work, but it still whines a bit. rwd. walbro 255 lhp fuel pump. pwr windows and doorlocks, but manual sunroof(not as bad as it sounds, lol, i actually preffer it over auto sunroof). double wing, stock. red paint. stupid fake carbon fiber fart can thanks to the previous owner, but since the car is turbo, it sounds good, it just looks like crap. radio is stock so obviously it doesnt work. and the constant for the radio is part of the light circuit so if you put a radio in the car, it would work, but it would reset itself every time you shut the car off. fuel pump relay is bad but the fuse is jumpered so it works. auto trans. i think thats it. any other questions let me know, i can post pics tomorrow. oh, located in cleveland

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I've been thinking about selling this thing. Nothing wrong with it, I'm just not driving it nearly as much as I thought I would and I've got the itch for something with a turbo.

I've only had it for eight or nine months, so I'd need to get somewhere around $3,500 out of it. Anyone local (or close enough) and interested?

Oh how I'd love to buy it. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to spend on such a nice car and I'm aiming to get a wagon.

If it was a GT Wagon that needed something like headgaskets and was cheaper I'd be all over it to replace my L sedan with something that I can move a dorm room around in :lol:.

Oh how I'd love to buy it. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to spend on such a nice car and I'm aiming to get a wagon.

If it was a GT Wagon that needed something like headgaskets and was cheaper I'd be all over it to replace my L sedan with something that I can move a dorm room around in :lol:.

You, sir, just need more Tetris practice. :lol:

After my freshman year I packed my entire dorm room (including things like golf clubs, skis, tools, tons of electronics, etc) into my two door 94 Civic and drove eight hours from VA to NY. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't know what to do with all the space in the Legacy!

i have a turbo car. 87 merkur xr4ti. it hits 15 psi right now. manual boost controller. greddy knockoff bov. all you need to turn the boost up to 20psi is an IC. with less than 500 bucks you can get this car to 250 whp. theres a few problems but they dont affect drivability. interior lights and cigar lighters dont work. gauge lights still work though. the problem is yet unknown but that circuit pops the fuse right away. tranny was rebuilt 4k miles ago. paint is good. very minimal surface rust, nothing that cant be ground down and fixed, none of it goes through. 108k miles on the car. interior is in very good condition for being almost 25 yrs old. pwr steering pump is cracked (47 bucks) it holds just enough fluid to work, but it still whines a bit. rwd. walbro 255 lhp fuel pump. pwr windows and doorlocks, but manual sunroof(not as bad as it sounds, lol, i actually preffer it over auto sunroof). double wing, stock. red paint. stupid fake carbon fiber fart can thanks to the previous owner, but since the car is turbo, it sounds good, it just looks like crap. radio is stock so obviously it doesnt work. and the constant for the radio is part of the light circuit so if you put a radio in the car, it would work, but it would reset itself every time you shut the car off. fuel pump relay is bad but the fuse is jumpered so it works. auto trans. i think thats it. any other questions let me know, i can post pics tomorrow. oh, located in cleveland

I'm thinking more along the lines of a new or newish A3 or WRX. My Jeep will be paid off in a few months and then I'll have that car payment money burning a hole in my pocket every month, so I figure what better to use it for than another car payment.

So I've been thinking about selling this thing. Nothing wrong with it, I'm just not driving it nearly as much as I thought I would and I've got the itch for something with a turbo.

I've only had it for eight or nine months, so I'd need to get somewhere around $3,500 out of it. Anyone local (or close enough) and interested?

Trade you whats in my profile plus $5000 in cash. :lol: Too much to list.

Been thinking of 3 cars I want to get New 11' Sedan STi, 11' C30 or 11' Mustang GT 5.0. I wan't a $30k+ money pit.

You, sir, just need more Tetris practice. :lol:

After my freshman year I packed my entire dorm room (including things like golf clubs, skis, tools, tons of electronics, etc) into my two door 94 Civic and drove eight hours from VA to NY. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't know what to do with all the space in the Legacy!

I used to be fine with everything in the Legacy. Hell, I moved up to college in the RS without a problem. The catch is, I built a new computer in my massive old Alienware case, and got an HDTV. Now what used to fit doesn't when I factor in all the additional space taken up by the computer, two monitors and a TV.

Plus I never was that good at Tetris :lol:.

• 4 months later...
Haven't been on here in a while, but today the Subaru got new rear pads and rotors so it will pass inspection. Still needs a bunch of maintenance, like fluid changes, but thats all at the bottom of my list behind house and Jeep projects. Funny how that works. :lol:

nice car! i just got my first subi a few weeks ago and i'm tryin to learn everything i can about it on here. it's a black '99 LGT with,....hold on.....63,5XX miles. was my neighbor's "once a week" car that he had since day 1, and i've wanted it for years and he finally gave her to me. :) i have no modding plans, i love stock cars. my parents drive two brand new civic si's as well and even though the subi isn't quite as fast it's my favorite.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/charmzdub/cars%20mugen%20honda/DSC02007.jpg

Wow! I love that car. You should do one "mod" and that is tint the windows.

How much did you have to pay for it?

thanks! i'd like to do some tint but i'm not sure if i'd rather do that or get a SPT exhaust...

I got it for $5,100...very good price because i got it from my neighbor and he just went out and bought a new genesis.

haha, ya i guess. i'd like to get some SPT parts only; muffler, short shifter, and shift nob are gunna be my only mods and they're months off. probably till spring. besides, my parents have two new civic si's and those are what i usually end up driving (cuz i dont like putting miles on the subi, haha) so i spend the most $ modding those anyway, but who knows!?

Archived