LegacyGT.com

XenonFactory HID kits GROUP BUY!

gt_ltd

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One quick question - I went to pay and this is a non-US business. They are in Canada. Are we going to get hit with import duties? We should know this upfront before sending money.

Import duties get billed separately by the shipper, so XenonFactory doesn't consider it something to disclose. But, this adds to the cost....I ordered $1200 worth of stuff from JP and it cost me $70 in duty.

I asked xenonfactory and this is their reply:

Thank you for your reply. No, there will not be importing fees of any kind. If you can inform the group, it will be greatly appreciated.

We will start shipping once the 5th order is receieved. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to email or call us. Thank you.

Thanks Outcaster.

Has anyone ordered from Canada that can confirm this? I know Canadian buyers from the US get hit with large fees and was told that US buyers have to pay duty from Canada as well.

GT_LTD - you can add me to list - but I only plan on purchasing if we get to 15. Maybe we could update the names list on the 1st page with *paid* as well as names from other clubs that are doing this so we see how close to 15 we are?

I have one of my boys talked to XenonFactory about lowering the prices, and here is the reply:

I suppose that boy is me?

Hey, I'm a moderator at Siennaclub.org who got the SiennaClub(SC) GB going with the XenonFactory.

I read thru this thread and just wanted to clarify a few things.

1. If you're interested in this GB, "YOU", youself, must place the order thru the provided link OR mail the check/money order. XenonFactory must receive the order/payment before May 07.

2. I know people who also purchased Xenon Kits from other vendors in Canada (XenonDepot.com). They didn't pay for anything more than the product itself.

3. As of now, 1 (outcaster) placed the order thru the SC GB website. I & GT_LTD mailed the check. That's 3 confirmed payment.

4. If you're waiting for 14 other to place the order so you can be the 15th person to save $20 more... hmmm... what can I say, but you're not a team player. That kind of mentally will never get things done.

$400/500(including S/H) is already a great deal.

5. When the 15th order comes in, the first 14 people will get $20 back.

When it comes close to that number, I can get an extension on this GB.

6. 4100K/5000K/6000K temp, color, brightness comparison...

4100K is known to be the brightest white

5000K is more toward the whiter white with a very faint tint of blue

(color of sunlight is known to be 5200K range)

6000K is more bluish but about 20% dimmer than 4100K

Why is the attached image so tiny???? :confused:

XenonCompare.jpg.24b1bc97d9c45ac2c185ebb280b51475.jpg

Thanks SeanY. I just placed mine this morning......wanted some confirmation of the import duty (or lack thereof). Apparently, Canadians getting products from the US is the issue, not the reverse (I jjust ran a GB on shift knobs).

Make that 4 paid.

-Dan

P.S. Here is the link again since I spent ten minutes looking for it - please edit the first page and put it there as well:

http://www.xenonfactory.com/products/hid/siennaclub.htm

oh i'm sure that website isn't dynamic .. they probably haven't updated it yet

I think it is. Alex from XF told me that IF we mail the check then the count must be updated manually.

Besides the 1st day of SC GB web site came up, someone placed an order and the participant # showed up.

Maybe the ones who placed the order on web site should send an e-mail to them.

I thought it was 2+3.

Don't worry... I just paid! So we now have the first five... relax... and stop banging your head off the wall! They should ship it out soon!

One question! I paid via paypal... I don't need to send an email too, do I?

Thanks!

-Mark

get a pair of replacement under warranty, just in case you need them in the future.

oh, did u order online or by mail?

Osram SilverStar from PowerBulbsUK. Guess I can put a stocker back in and wait.

Don't worry... I just paid! So we now have the first five... relax... and stop banging your head off the wall! They should ship it out soon!

How is this avatar?

:D

One question! I paid via paypal... I don't need to send an email too, do I?

Thanks!

-Mark

no

I even parked the thread at the top of the section. Most older members either have them already or not interested. I PM'ed a few who showed interest in that thread but it was awhile ago, so they alreayd had purchased. There is 1 possible member "if the price is right" he said.

Archived