LegacyGT.com

XenonFactory HID kits GROUP BUY!

gt_ltd

I'd be concerned with the life expectancy of a xenon bulb when used as DRL ...

cant vouch for kits, but oem bulbs last 4 ever. my last car i ran my xenons (bmw bi-xenon retro) all the time for 3 years. day and night. i just did a complete xenon projector swap and d2s system in the legacy which is activated by drl. there are several cars that use their xenons as drl. they should outlast the owernship of the car. unless you keep it for more then 5 yrs then who knows. anyone who is a DIY guy should do this.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14544

kits are a waste of $$$.

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can u define "oem" (as in oem bulbs), and tell us the warranty on each of the "superior" parts you got?

p.s. someone asked me if i got a special discount from Xenon Factory for all the work, the answer is NO. i paid $400 for my 4100K kit just like everybody did.

This Space For Rent

If you want OEM result, I'd suggest doing a complete retro (hidplanet is working on a solution for the legacy gt; you can also get parts from other places but make sure you get warranty just in case anything breaks), see this thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14543

Otherwise you can contact xenon factory by going to this page. Btw, XF will have something cheaper (non-Philips components) coming soon.

This Space For Rent

hid planet is not swaping out the projector from what i read. just using and oem d2s system and devising a way to make it plug and play. so you can have quality parts and also find replacements if necessary on ebay for cheap.

and by oem i mean the exact parts used in oem BMW, AUDI, Benz, etc. mix and match them however you like. there is no warrenty since they are used, however i have never come across a problem with any parts over the last 3 yrs that i've used or sold.

if i have spare time i would consider replicating my exact setup for $650 including all parts and wiring harness. just plug them up and bolt them on.

anyways my point is if you are a DIY type do a complete retro yourself. save $$$ and have a setup far superior to any kit. you cannot match other vehicles oem xenon systems unless you swap the projector and install a d1s or d2s xenon system. i'd be more the willing to help if you need info and can point you to many sites filled with everything you could possibly want to know. i will be making a thread in the how to section about my install so others can copy or get ideas.

KIT in legacy

http://img272.echo.cx/img272/5286/dsc022367qt.jpg

complete bmw d2s xenon system in legacy

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vxcl/legacy/IMG_3753.JPG

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

hid planet is not swaping out the projector from what i read.

nobody can tell for sure at this point:

"... HIDPLANET.com is well known for providing all quality HID parts and we will be releasing this same HID System as our Legacy System, and may also offer a retrofit system which will include a pair of HID projectors as well as the other quality parts."

i'd say wait and see what they offer and charge.

This Space For Rent

if they are going to do swaps for you guys then i would def recommend spending the $$$ since the parts will be brand new oem stuff i would assume, but if over $800 i would say do it yourself still unless you really arent DIY person.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived