LegacyGT.com

XenonFactory HID kits GROUP BUY!

gt_ltd

Ok, here is what is holding my up from jumping on this boat - my wife wants to keep the DRL's. How easy will it be to change the power of the DRL's to full power so that the HIDs would be on with the DRLs - aka running the HIDs during all hours of operation of the car. Surely, someone must have an equally stubbern wife :) (also, tried to tell her to just turn on the headlights if that is what she wants )

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it would be much easier to re-wire your fogs to come on...but honestly, I would leave the Xenons on, and when you turn the car on and off, they will turn on and off automatically...thus like a DRL....plus, you will have your tail lights on.

so, the easiest mod is to just leave your lights on all the time, and just drive it, hehe.

I just leave them off during the day, and if traffic is getting more congested, I turn them on, thinking it might make a bit of difference for the person in front of me changing lanes.

Most other cars that run DRL with Xenons, have some sort of orange light or a dimmed bright that they use, not the Xenons....

a new bulb generally runs you around $100 or so, but these have a 3 year warranty, so they may cover the replacement if they burn out. Just make sure NOT to touch the bulbs as you install them. I actually wear hospital latex gloves when handling the bulbs, that prevents oil from my fingers getting on them....and that oil will cause them become defective...the oil turns dark brown, and covers up the arc...so, that is wasted light.

Ok, here is what is holding my up from jumping on this boat - my wife wants to keep the DRL's. How easy will it be to change the power of the DRL's to full power so that the HIDs would be on with the DRLs - aka running the HIDs during all hours of operation of the car. Surely, someone must have an equally stubbern wife :) (also, tried to tell her to just turn on the headlights if that is what she wants )

I woudl agree with the others, just drive with the lights on all the time, by leaving them switched on.

-Nick

I'd be in if we can hit the 15 kits mark - Otherwise I'm holding off as we can buy direct for 415+15shipping directly now( 4100 k kit) - website shows a $35 dollar off special - 'for limited time'. I'm guessing prices are starting to fall on product. Can we go back and play this other HID group buy off the XenonFactory for more competitive pricing?

OK then!

One question first... alright! I had an HID kit for my WRX with the UK300's

It was made by X5, and I think it was a 9006K... Whatever it was, it was purple... and I liked it! (lol... I'm not fruity, I swear! lol)

What kit would be similar!

03Indigo changed his mind earlier (now he's got some mods coming :) ), but it shouldn't be hard to find 1 more buyer, coz I have posted to 4 other car forums... ;) I will post to more forums this weekend, if necessary. :D

yeah, I got a few mods coming....coil overs, under braces, end links, sways, blah, blah, blah...should all be here in less than 2 weeks. I still think this is a kick ass group buy, and everyone should feel way confident in the products. I already have a Xenon kit in my outback, and was gonna use this kit for the Toyota Tacoma, but gonna hold off for now.

Guys - I know we only need one more for the 1st price break and 5 more ppl for the second price break... I'm still interest if we can get it to the second level price break... just for financial reasons... Question, have we posted any of this info over on NASIOC or subaruoutback.org? Surely we can pick up 5 orders from one of those sites. I guess the difference is do we want to save $53 or $74 dollars off current retail.

jdkobe

Hi - I'm a moderator over at http://www.mazdaworld.org and was asked if we'd be interested in joining this group buy.

I myself am not financially inclined to go for HIDs yet, but I know other members of the site are and I've posted this GB opportunity for them.

Hopefully, you'll get some response today or tomorrow. :D

Duncan

Moderator, MazdaWorld.org

Thanks Duncan! :)

If you're the one who sent me the PM - please head over to MW if you would and post the details in the Group Buy forum, so people know what's up. I just posted your message to me in there for now. :)

Archived