LegacyGT.com

JDM 20MM Rear Sway Bar Install Instructions (w/pics)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Even easier, disconnect the exhaust cans with 4 bolts and slip the bars in and out through there.

Definately take the tires off though, way easier to get to the endlinks. I did my car one side at a time since I only had one working jack at the time.

you got under your car with a jack?are you crazy or stupid?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Installed a rear whiteline sway on my 2008 specB today. Thanks for the write up, still helpful years later.

Parked on ramps, left the mufflers on their hangers but disconnected one of the mufflers from the exhaust to sneak the sway out the passenger side.

Set the sway on the softest setting and went for a drive. Results are immediately noticeable and well worth the effort. The car corners much better than stock, and is a blast to drive through the roundabouts where I live.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

These were special-ordered (in a large group buy) late in 2004, early 2005. They were shipped to two members here in the U.S. and then further distributed to other members in the GB. They are actual Subaru OEM 20mm bars that were installed on the Japanese (JDM) 4th Gen Subaru Legacys. They were never available in the USDM.

To the best of my knowledge, these are no longer available, unless you can find one here, or through another outlet like JDMParts.com. If you want a similar hollow 20mm bar, you might find them through Whiteline, Perrin, or another distributor. Check with Mike @ AZP or Mike @ Infamous Performance to see what they can find for you. Good luck.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I think I may have found it, but was just looking for somebody to confirm. Anyway, here the part # I came up with:

http://jp-carparts.com/subaru/part_detail.php?maker=subaru&car_baseid=F18000&type=B13&cartype=102&fig_id=201&part_id=20451%20%20&part_code=20451AG090

Partsouq.com has them for $67 + shipping. All said and done, less than $100 for a 20mm rear sway bar. Not too bad, considering that a Whiteline 20mm runs about $180-$200 + shipping. If this turns out to be the correct part, it could be an inexpensive upgrade over my stock 15mm rear sway.

• 1 month later...
So I'm planning to buy either the 19mm or 20mm RSB for my 2016 Legacy. I've been reading a ton of threads and there does not seem to be a consensus to which one is more preferable. I live in the Northeast so roads can get bumpy at times, which is why I'm nervous about going up to the 20mm. Will I still notice a difference with the 19mm? Any opinions and/or advice?

Archived