LegacyGT.com

Roof rack on 2010 Legacy?

Initial reaction: definitely more wind noise at 55+. we'll see how it affects mileage. Is a fairing counterproductive with a Sky box?

Yes. I need to remove the fairing each time I put on the skybox. There isn't enough clearance for the skybox mounting clamps. Not really a big deal.

I recommend getting a fairing quickly. Not only will mileage suffer, but so will your nerves. The resonating roof will drive you nuts!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes. I need to remove the fairing each time I put on the skybox. There isn't enough clearance for the skybox mounting clamps. Not really a big deal.

I recommend getting a fairing quickly. Not only will mileage suffer, but so will your nerves. The resonating roof will drive you nuts!

hows your mileage with the box on? ive been getting a HUGE drop. im about to just use my fatcat6

hows your mileage with the box on? ive been getting a HUGE drop. im about to just use my fatcat6

I average about 18 to 22 mpg.I have a lead foot and , do mostly city driving.

With the rack on I get about 19 to 21. I am usually traveling a long distance on the freeway and get decent mpg.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone increased the span between the bars on their 2010 legacy sedan? I'm using the Thule 480 Traverse feet and 1574 fit kit, and have set the span at 27.5 inches as recommended. I'd like to increase the span to 30 inches. Has anyone done this? Any reasons I should not try to do this?

Thanks!

Bob

Has anyone increased the span between the bars on their 2010 legacy sedan? I'm using the Thule 480 Traverse feet and 1574 fit kit, and have set the span at 27.5 inches as recommended. I'd like to increase the span to 30 inches. Has anyone done this? Any reasons I should not try to do this?

Thanks!

Bob

you can move it a little, but not too much. the clips may not fit right anymore if you move it too much.

• 4 years later...
Hey guys, I just got a set of Thule crossbars, I am in need of the feet . Can anyone point me in the direction of a set? Tia!!

For the Thule setup , you will need a Traverse 480 for the square bars or a Rapid Traverse 480R for the Aero bars. Then you need a fit kit, the 5th gen cars all use the Thule Kit 1574, think they are usually $110 or so. I used this setup with the Aeroblades and loved it, fits perfectly and is pretty quiet.

I just moved on from my 2011 so if anyone is interested in the fit kit PM me. I also may have the 53 in Aeroblades available but not sure yet.

I'm interested in your fit kit and I'm located near you. I saw your post in the classified forum, but being a new member I think my posting privileges are limited as I wasn't able to reply in your add. Let me know what kind of price you're looking to get and if you're willing to do a pick up v. Shipping. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived