LegacyGT.com

Roof rack on 2010 Legacy?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
speaking of fairings: i have the yakima fairing (i think its the 44") and I have noticed that at highway speeds there seems to be a rattling noise coming from the fairing. When I look up through my moon roof I can see that the passenger side end of the fairing is vibrating back and forth rapidly and I think this is what is causing the noise (the driver's side end of the fairing may be doing this as well - but I can't see it while im driving). I have not tried anything yet to fix this as I do not know what the fairing is rattling off of to create the noise. My first attempt would be to use electrical tape to secure the fairing itself to the outer most support (the one with the push clips through it). I do not think it is hitting off of the roof of the car or the crossbar, so I don't have any other ideas aside from the tape - has anyone else encountered this?

What it sounds like to me is that fairing may be off center, or just isn't wide enough to allow the airflow over the fairing and is hitting it right on the corner. Electrical tape may do the trick, but what will most likely work is to cut 2 or 4 obtuse triangles out of cardboard, wrap that in electrical tape, and then mount a set on each side of the end of the fairing to act as a diffuser for the air. Let me know if you try it out and if it works or not.

• 1 month later...

hey - i must be mentally challenged or something, but i cannot get the base rack system on my 2010 Legacy GT. many seem to have successfully got yours on, so maybe you can figure out my problem.

I have the Kit 1574. I have the Traverse 480 feet. I have the Load Bars 58 inches (my TSX has the 53 inches, but the guy at REI told me i needed longer bars).

I followed the instructions in the 1574 guide and measuered 43" on the front bars with the 120 pad on the right, and 121 on the left. Rear bars I measured the 41 5/8". When i go to clamp the feet to the roof, it doesn't even look close. i just can't get the clamps to the width of the roof. if one is in the right spot, the other one is inches away and it's just not possible.

what the heck am i doing wrong?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they make it yet?

BradyKp i am having the same problem as you. What is annoying is the thule fit guide recommends the 50 bar.. thats to damn short. i can get the front to fit properly but just not the back

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm interested in getting a roof rack for my 2012 2.5 limted and was excited about the new OEM kit, thinking it would be like the WRX kits where they screw into the rain gutters. After seeing the OEM accessories catalog, i noticed its just like the Thule kit, where it has a fit kit type system that tightens into the door jams.

I have the Thule LB50 cross bars already from my accord kit, so maybe i should just stick with the thule kit?

SInce if have the older square load bars, is it worth ditch those for the newer aeroblade or Rapid load bar? I'll only be using it for my current thule snowboard rack and I'll be buying a couple fork mount bike racks to put on top as well.

I don't plan on keeping the rack on all the time, only as i need it.

• 2 weeks later...
480R Rapid Transverse Foot Pack

ARB53 AeroBlade Load Bar

Kit1573 For 480/480R Foot Pack

Boxter Box

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/7498/img0398kq.jpg

wow, that box would definitely attract police ticketing here (far too long, here they have to end at least 5 cm before the front+back windows begin)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Can anyone with a yakima rack tell me how long the load bar can be? Like if you cut it to fit the rack. Thanks

I have the standard 58" bars on my roof rack. They are a perfect length. They hang too much over the roof line, so you don't bump your head.

660228341_LegacyRoubaix.thumb.jpg.d465c6084c1c92412f0283182a1e6287.jpg

1569773781_LegacySkyBoxPRO16S.thumb.jpg.1ac34382879873c774c3a93c00e40c89.jpg

1758533158_Legacyfirsttimeinthesnow.thumb.JPG.c18833ede41f1ec4cd7a5738bcae4959.JPG

I have the same bars. Enables me to put a 16 CF cargo box next to a 17' sea kayak on Hully Rollers or a couple of bikes. But on a 4th Gen Wagon. Should be similar on a 5th Gen
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived