LegacyGT.com

bandimere 9/9!!!

tingtang

Many of the people that are attending this meet are not driving. Simply going for the meet and to be spectators. The amount of runs you are able to get in depends completely on how busy it is there. I've been there and seen people get 12-15 runs in one night and I've seen people get only 5. Not sure I've ever seen anyone get any less than 3 runs if they were there on time. What time do you plan on getting there?
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At a minimum I want to get 3 runs in, how many cars typically show up for test and tune? Does it take an hour to go through the line generally? For the veterans of the track if you were trying to get 3 runs in, what time would you say you have to be in line at the track by?

The last test and tune night of the season is Oct. 7th. I might just go up on a random Wednesday before then instead to run my car. I saw that there is a thread posted about our bandimere meet on pirates, if a ton of guys say they are coming from over there I will pass on this meet as I have no interest in paying 30$ to get one run in if there is even time for that with me arriving late…

You will still be able to get three runs in. Honestly the tech check takes the longest time. Most people do not start filling out the form until the guy comes up to check out their car.

You will still be able to get three runs in. Honestly the tech check takes the longest time. Most people do not start filling out the form until the guy comes up to check out their car.

What does the tech check for? Can I print out the form online and have it filled out when I show up to help me save some time? Anything else i should be aware of, keep in mind I'm a total newb to the track so forgive the basic questions?

yea... the paper work doesnt take more than 5 min to fill out... your trunk?? they have never asked to look in my trunk... lol... isnt it less busy when it becomes later into the night?? like shouldnt it not be busy around 730 or so?? if you get there at 7 im pretty sure you can get 3 runs in.... the LONGEST ive had to wait to get 1 run in was 45min or so...

If you can get to the track when the gates open (4pm) you can get alot of runs in. I have done as many as 8 in one night. Normally I do atleast 6 runs.

When you get there late (after 5:15pm) the lines have allready formed. I would say in average wait is 30-40 minutes, depending on the night.

I really hope Scubasteve on AWDpirates setups another track day rental. That was a awesome day in late march, nice and cool and never had to wait in line. We had the track all day. I ran my car 21 times, I could have done more, but I was feeling i was going to break the poor thing.

Thanks for all the info guys. At least now I have a clue.:redface: 3 runs is all I want, sounds like it shouldn't be a problem getting those in as long as I'm there by 6:30. It's going to be a rush dogging my car off the line with a 3+ second 0-60ft time :lol:, first run won't be pretty. But you got to learn somewhere.

ok... so i dont think any1 has started a thread for this... and if they did im sorry.... but there seems to be a couple of us heading to bandimere on 9/9 and im curious to see if there is anymore people going?? so far... i think its...

me (definite)

legend (definite?)

mweiner (definite?)

eekay (definite?)

collegemt (maybe?)

tommypenguin (hopefully?:lol:)

5280 (definite?)

enthusiast (maybe?)

05pearl (hopefully?:lol:)

johnawd (maybe?)

if im missing any1 sorry.... this isnt even really a for sure list... i just compiled this off of what people said....

I'll be there - looking forward to it.

z wont' be makin it...still under construction, hopin next summer...but been saying that for a couple years : ). z isn't stock...straight six bored to 3 liters, hx35 cummins turbo, coilovers, forged, SDS fuel system with coil packs, 2 fuel pumps, on low pressure feeding a surge tank and a walbro 255 feeding the injectors, fuel cell, flares, running a 275/40/17 rear tire, and once i get it on a dyno "should" put down around 400rw up here in denver, and that's not even all that impressive until you find out...the car weighs 2300lbs.

z wont' be makin it...still under construction, hopin next summer...but been saying that for a couple years : ). z isn't stock...straight six bored to 3 liters, hx35 cummins turbo, coilovers, forged, SDS fuel system with coil packs, 2 fuel pumps, on low pressure feeding a surge tank and a walbro 255 feeding the injectors, fuel cell, flares, running a 275/40/17 rear tire, and once i get it on a dyno "should" put down around 400rw up here in denver, and that's not even all that impressive until you find out...the car weighs 2300lbs.

Sounds fun... Get your ass in gear! I wanna see it do some runs next summer. ;) Good luck!

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

does any1 know if they allow people to park up top where the racers are even if your not gonna be racing?? i was thinking for those people that are just there to spectate to park your cars up top as well... that way we can get a big group photo too :D and maybe if one of you guys are kind enough to lend me your car space so i can try to reduce some weight... :lol:

does any1 know if they allow people to park up top where the racers are even if your not gonna be racing?? i was thinking for those people that are just there to spectate to park your cars up top as well... that way we can get a big group photo too :D and maybe if one of you guys are kind enough to lend me your car space so i can try to reduce some weight... :lol:

Yes, spectator or racers can park anywhere as far as I know. I always had my wife park up top.

For prep for the track I plan on taking out my sub, spare tire and rear seat cushion, anything else that is commonly removed to help save on weight I’m missing?

Remove the sub and spare tire, The rear seat cushion is pretty light, I think it might be overkill. Also don't underinflate your tires, you want the least amount of traction as possible. I run normal recomended tire pressure.

Remove the sub and spare tire, The rear seat cushion is pretty light, I think it might be overkill. Also don't underinflate your tires, you want the least amount of traction as possible. I run normal recomended tire pressure.

Agreed. I run more than normal tire pressure here. I have an evo guy give me a lot of crap about running 36-38psi, but with my 18's and only running low 13's I think it works well. If I had more power, less weight, or smaller wheels/tires I might air down some. I shoot for mild-moderate wheel spin on launch.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

i didnt have any issues with wheel spin when i was there... but then my car also wasnt producing much power.... i remember on my FWD car you would have to drop the tire pressure in the front dramatically to get traction... its definitely alot grippier than on the street... at the track its like rubber on rubber and not rubber on asphalt...

Archived