LegacyGT.com

bandimere 9/9!!!

tingtang

i really think its just old oil causing it to be a little sticky... i havent heard alot of the HKS BOV causing this much compressor surge.... i will take it off for a cleaning though.... as a matter of fact i think imma go do that right now....

A little oil or grease in the bpv is actually good. If the piston inside the bpv doesn’t have any lubrication in it, it can get stuck open. Having that piston greased up a little bit will ensure it can slide freely up and down within the bpv housing. I have had my bpv stuck open before due to lack of lubrication in the bpv housing. If HKS doesn’t offer a soft spring you will need a different bpv that does to remedy the compressor surge…

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i feel like a idiot... so i took off my BOV and one of the gasket screws wasnt screwed in all the way... maybe that was the problem all along... i cleaned it anyways and tightened all the bolts i needed to... i will put back on and take a drive to see if it made anything better.... :D

A little oil or grease in the bpv is actually good. If the piston inside the bpv doesn’t have any lubrication in it, it can get stuck open. Having that piston greased up a little bit will ensure it can slide freely up and down within the bpv housing. I have had my bpv stuck open before due to lack of lubrication in the bpv housing. If HKS doesn’t offer a soft spring you will need a different bpv that does to remedy the compressor surge…

the HKS is setup kinda different... the only time it actually opens is when its letting air out... becuase its a pull type and not a push type its constantly closed... even at boost....

Who cares if you don’t put up a good time, I know I won’t, you’ll be able to beat me as I plan on going through the wet box and making sure I don’t launch too high up in the rpms. Probably not going to launch more than 3500rpm. My biggest fear is breaking drivetrain components off the line. I’ll be most interested in seeing how much mph I gain on the tail end of my run more than anything else. If I ran a low 14, high 13 I would be ecstatic.

honestly i would be extremely surprised if you dont break 13's ;)... i wanna see how your e85 ELH, and EWG traps are compared to mine...

the HKS is setup kinda different... the only time it actually opens is when its letting air out... becuase its a pull type and not a push type its constantly closed... even at boost....

That is how all bpv's work last time I checked. ;) Trust me you're not going to want the inside of that housing bone dry. The way a bpv works is the spring inside holds the valve shut at all times except between shifts. When you are driving you build boost, and air fills your fmic core and piping with air. When you shift, the throttle plate closes trapping all the remaining air in the pipes and core. There are only two ways for the air to go at that point, against the grain back to the turbo(compressor surge) or out your bpv. If you're spring is soft enough it will discharge enough of that air from the bpv to atmosphere or recirc you won’t have compressor surge. If the spring is too hard you will not be able to release enough air out your bpv, thus it will increase compressor surge…

hahaha... oops... :lol: i did leave a LITTLE bit of oil on the piston thingy... and i pushed it a couple times just to make sure its not too hard or stiff.... im crossing my fingers that i fixed this issue...

You haven't even taken it for a drive yet?!

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I'll plan on being there, too. Probably won't run my car unless I get a wild hair between then and now to go ahead and order a clutch. The stocker is feeling quite soft these days. Wish I had a third car as a back-up!

Oh hell, maybe I'll run and see how much the 18's really slow me down.

Oh hell, maybe I'll run and see how much the 18's really slow me down.

I run 18's too... wide 8.5" 18's. I'd be curious to see if or how much better I could do running something smaller/lighter. But the 18's go to the dragstrip... along with the child seat, etc. :)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I don't think the 18's will affect you all that much, you might actually get a higher trap speed. The harder part will be nailing the launch with 18's.

I remember last time I saw you at the track your car ran a 14.2 correct, thats a good number for a stage 2 LGT.

I run 18's too... wide 8.5" 18's. I'd be curious to see if or how much better I could do running something smaller/lighter. But the 18's go to the dragstrip... along with the child seat, etc. :)

I'm rocking 2 kids seats.......I'll do my best to meet you guys there!

- Ben

Love the child seat. I think about acquiring one just for fun sometimes.

Adam, I happened to be at the track spectating one night when you ran a 13.9 in your "old" WRX. I shoulda stopped by to say hello, but never made it that direction.

A friend from the office with a GT500 has indicated he wants to head out there one night. Maybe I can bring him along this time so you quicker guys can have someone to pick on. I actually have no idea what they run here or what his driving ability at the track might be. Probably gonna need a helmet, though.

Anyway, now I'm on 18x8 Rota P45F's. The butt-o-meter indicated I might have lost a step. Guess there's only one way to find out :D. Also have H-Techs.

a photo immediately following spring install in May:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/rjthieme1/DSCN1459-1.jpg

last time at the track w/o wheels and springs - right lane:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/rjthieme1/BANDIMEREsep24-1.jpg

I have a Idea! Lets have everyone going post a picture of their car, if possible, and what their goal time is for the night.

I will start:

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r358/collegemt/004-7.jpg

My goal time for the night will be a 13.99 or less.

TP you'll be trapping at least 112mph, so you'll be in the 13's every run and will definitely see some 12's.

I'll set the most aggressive goal here (based on my setup) and I'll try to overachieve a bit.. 12.89 @ 108mph. I don't have a badass pic like you guys, so I'll go with this one I snapped outside the Stanley Hotel last month.

http://beeez.com/lgt/front2.jpg

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived