LegacyGT.com

bandimere 9/9!!!

tingtang

3rd gear... according to my latest log hit 18.91psi at 3278 rpms...

That is GREAT, considering you are on 91 and unfinished tune. Wow... looks to be less than 200rpms later than the VF52 on E85... I'm hitting 18.9psi at around 3100-3150rpms. Could be only 100rpms difference if we were on same fuel.

My max boost in 1st is 17.1psi@4900rpm. In 2nd gear I cross 18psi around 3800rpms.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i will do a first gear pull and log just for you ;) ill do a second gear pull too... your doing your pulls from 2k right?? driveablitly is almost the same as the vf40 too... as long as im over 3k rpms i have power.... power comes on slightly slower than the vf40 but once its there it really does take off...

That noise you are talking about tingtang, I had that issue on my VF52 after I got it tuned by Racingtrenz. They did a horrible tune and it was running 22psi of boost (way too much). After I tuned boost down the noise went away. I think it was probably a leak caused from the high boost pressure. However your noise comes at a much lowers boost pressure, I would double check for boost leaks.

.... but now i gotta embarrass myself infront of the LGT crowd instead of just you collegemt :(

I think you are all overlooking a very important fact. And that is that I am going to have the slowest LGT there by far. So, if anyone is going to be embarrassed, it'll be me. ;)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

That noise you are talking about tingtang, I had that issue on my VF52 after I got it tuned by Racingtrenz. They did a horrible tune and it was running 22psi of boost (way too much). After I tuned boost down the noise went away. I think it was probably a leak caused from the high boost pressure. However your noise comes at a much lowers boost pressure, I would double check for boost leaks.

hmm... i dont think theres a leak... or at least i have no signs of it.. no rough idle... nothing in the logs at least i dont think so or infamous would have pointed it out.... i will double check again....

hmm... i dont think theres a leak... or at least i have no signs of it.. no rough idle... nothing in the logs at least i dont think so or infamous would have pointed it out.... i will double check again....

What is the most recent issue you are trouble shooting? Get the FMIC pipes blowing off issue resolved?

yea... i fixed the FMIC piping issue with a flex coupler.... my AEM CAI came with a flex coupler so i just swapped the coupler out that kept blowing off... its been good for the past 5-6 pulls but ive been keeping an eye on it everyday to make sure the pipes arent slipping at all...

i still get boost spikes/overboost... infamous has gotten rid of it for the most part in 1st-4th gear... but i still see it at partial throttle and in 5th gear especially... if i go WOT in 5th it will spike to 21psi or so... then drop to about 15psi and start climbing again.... i still get compressor surge... and turns out they dont make different springs for the HKS SSQV BOV... its wierd though because when i was still running a TMIC the BOV would blow off even at 1psi, and i didnt have any signs of compressor surge at all... but now i gotta get it up to about 8-10psi before it will actually open up all the way...

i may take the BOV apart and clean the inside... like i said before there were a little bit of oil last time i checked... and since the BOV is a pull type im thinking it may have gotten a little sticky?? if not i might just have to buy a new BOV which is gonna SUCK.. lol... other than those minor issues i really dont have anything new.... (knock on wood) but my turbo does make a wierd noise after 10psi... doesnt sound like the spool that came out of my vf40... but its a little more high pitched...

does your turbo make a wierd spooling sound TP?? i dunno... collegemt thinks it might be a boost leak... but i really dont have any signs of it... and infamous hasnt noticed anything from my logs but i will double check all my hoses to see... i guess all thats left for me is to wait until infamous dials in my tune and hopefully the overboost/spike will be resolved.... hows your car running BTW?? did you install your DP/UP with the new EWG yet??

^LOL... no.... my car MAY be faster than yours... but if i cant drive it i will put up a slower time... :lol:

Haha. Dude, I'm running 6 psi without a speed density tune (yet) and a soft clutch. You'll most definitely put up lower times than I will. I don't mind! :icon_cry:

this is what i found about my BOV

Dual Valve Design, Sequential System

The HKS Super Sequential Blow-off Valve (SSQV) is a dual stage pull-type

relief valve, which will not leak under any level of boost. This ensures a quick

valve response and complete closure during idle.

Pull-type blow off valves will work for any turbocharged vehicle,from stock to highly tuned.

Push-type blow off valves require spring load settings foreach vehicle

specification. If the spring load setting is too soft, it may leak under high boost and may not reach the desired boost setting. If the spring load setting is too strong, it may not open at low boost. The SSQV will operate under any boost pressure setting without leaking.

and sorry the above post is one HUGE paragraph... hahaha

fixed :)

heres another one

The HKS Universal Super Sequential Blow-Off Valve (SSQV) is a dual stage pull-type relief valve. Unlike typical push type blow-off valves, the SSQV will not leak under any level of boost because the boost pressure in chamber "C" keeps the valve closed against its seat. The SSQV releases excess boost when there is a pressure alteration in chambers "A & B", not by the rate of boost pressure or vacuum in the line. This ensures a quick valve response and complete closure during idle. Many competitors use a push-type blow-off valve design with a large valve to accommodate high boost / high horsepower applications. These large valves react slowly and require high pressure to open, and are not able to activate and prevent compressor surge at light-load conditions. On the other hand, smaller, fast reacting push-type valves do not discharge the airflow capacity required for high horsepower applications and tend to slowly open and leak as boost pressure overpowers the spring. For maximum performance, the HKS SSQV incorporates both a small primary valve for ultra quick activation, and a larger secondary valve for additional discharge capacity. The SSQV is engineered to initially open the small primary valve at light throttle and load conditions, then sequentially opens the secondary valve for additional relief capacity under high boost and load conditions. The triple-fin discharge port design produces a powerful, unique and aggressive blow-off sound.

:lol: hahahaha... if any1 has ever heard this BOV it DEFINITELY does not sound aggressive.... :lol:

Where is your BPV attached right now, ting? I have a 33mm GFB Hybrid you can test with at Bandimere (or sooner if you'd like) and see if it improves anything. I'm going to leave the GFB off of my car until after my speed density tune.

Haha. Dude, I'm running 6 psi without a speed density tune (yet) and a soft clutch. You'll most definitely put up lower times than I will. I don't mind! :icon_cry:

haha.. ill most definitely put up lower times? :( it really all depends on my driving.... im really hoping... key word there is HOPING.. to break into the 12's... though that might be unlikely on 91oct... but if i can break into the 12's i will be VERY happy.... i THINK my car is capable even on 91 but i might be wrong... i definitely need to shave some weight though... :lol: this time imma empty my car out.. take out my subs, amp, spare, etc... maybe ill have legend drive it... my car will be in the 12's for sure with or without e85 :lol:

Where is your BPV attached right now, ting? I have a 33mm GFB Hybrid you can test with at Bandimere (or sooner if you'd like) and see if it improves anything. I'm going to leave the GFB off of my car until after my speed density tune.

its on the intercooler piping closest to the throttle body.... yea.. that would be cool... but i dont think swapping out BOV at bandimere will tell me anything... lol :lol:... imma be pedal to the metal the whole time releasing all 18.5psi into the air.... HAHAHA

haha.. ill most definitely put up lower times? :( it really all depends on my driving.... im really hoping... key word there is HOPING.. to break into the 12's... though that might be unlikely on 91oct... but if i can break into the 12's i will be VERY happy.... i THINK my car is capable even on 91 but i might be wrong... i definitely need to shave some weight though... :lol: this time imma empty my car out.. take out my subs, amp, spare, etc... maybe ill have legend drive it... my car will be in the 12's for sure with or without e85 :lol:

Yeah. I will absolutely not be in the 12's by 9/9. Not even close. I'll be lucky to hit 14's.

its on the intercooler piping closest to the throttle body.... yea.. that would be cool... but i dont think swapping out BOV at bandimere will tell me anything... lol :lol:... imma be pedal to the metal the whole time releasing all 18.5psi into the air.... HAHAHA

This is true! Not sure when you want to try it out. Let me know if you want to do it before 9/9. Otherwise, I'll just bring it with me to Bandimere and you can borrow it.

I could come with my stock '87 CRX Si.... 110hp ;)

Haha. That would actually be kind of funny. One little CRX with all the Scoobers.

Tingtang I am not sure the noise is a leak or not. But i definetly know what you are talking about, its almost like a squel sound. Like I said after my VF52 install and a high boost tune it made that noise, lower boost no noise. It was definelt due to either the high boost or other tuning characteristics (AVCS, etc). Good luck diagnosing the problem.

Yeah. I will absolutely not be in the 12's by 9/9. Not even close. I'll be lucky to hit 14's.

i might hit 14's if i drive crappy..... that will be VERY embarrasing for me though... especially infront of all the legacygt.com members :redface:

Tingtang I am not sure the noise is a leak or not. But i definetly know what you are talking about, its almost like a squel sound. Like I said after my VF52 install and a high boost tune it made that noise, lower boost no noise. It was definelt due to either the high boost or other tuning characteristics (AVCS, etc). Good luck diagnosing the problem.

yea... but i might as well double check my hoses just to be sure.... and it is almost like a squeel sound... i dunno.. the sound is hard to explain... and i definitely never heard it before... im HOPING its just how the turbo sounds when it spools though...

This is true! Not sure when you want to try it out. Let me know if you want to do it before 9/9. Otherwise, I'll just bring it with me to Bandimere and you can borrow it.

i really think its just old oil causing it to be a little sticky... i havent heard alot of the HKS BOV causing this much compressor surge.... i will take it off for a cleaning though.... as a matter of fact i think imma go do that right now....

i might hit 14's if i drive crappy..... that will be VERY embarrasing for me though... especially infront of all the legacygt.com members :redface:

Who cares if you don’t put up a good time, I know I won’t, you’ll be able to beat me as I plan on going through the wet box and making sure I don’t launch too high up in the rpms. Probably not going to launch more than 3500rpm. My biggest fear is breaking drivetrain components off the line. I’ll be most interested in seeing how much mph I gain on the tail end of my run more than anything else. If I ran a low 14, high 13 I would be ecstatic.

I drive through the wet box as well. I would rather loose traction than break something.

Even with wet tires the STI doesn't break loose, Maybe the differentials help it with traction. I wasn't launching about 4000rpm last night tho.

Archived