LegacyGT.com

Did they miss the mark on the 2010 Limited

There were a lot of dissending voices, though. Again, a lot of appreciation for the turbo and a (much) nicer interior (particularly since I nearly bought an '00 GT, and my wife has an '01 OB, so it's first-hand opinion too). However, quite a few people got upset about the new "rounded" look and how it was less "tough looking" than before. A lot of people hated the blob-eye headlight look, or the grille, and so forth. Those who were willing to stop listening to their own b.s. were the ones who came to appreciate the '05. So, as usual, the ones with the loudest voices, typically negative, want to hear themselves the most.

Again, link the threads or shut up.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, link the threads or shut up.

I think you just proved my point.

I've always appreciated your threads - still do, and still will. But I've never understood the attitude.

camaro was made only because the retro mustang was doing well in sales. The Camaro is 4 years late to the game. Even Chrysler beat GM on this one. Roots?

Roots meaning GM has always offered a wide variety of consumer cars AND performance cars. They have the consumer cars the cobalt, the malibu, the aveo, the ssr. And the performance cars being the camaro, corvette, cobalt ss turbo, gto, g8. All through every generation GM has always offered a wide variety of performance and consumer cars. That's what I'm getting at.

It would hold a lot more air, if there weren't so many people not giving the '10 a chance. How many people here have even driven one, compared to the size of the community?

Listen, if I see a car that looks like crap, I sit in it and it feels like crap, and I looked at the specifications/options and they dissapointed me, what good except wasting a dealer's time driving it would do?

If you're a fanboi go ahead, but I at this rate, you'll be looking at buying an unloved MY10 sometime around 2014. Well, I'll be driving some other brand car at that point, unless perhaps FHI/SOA offer something that's actually appealing by then.

I think you just proved my point.

I've always appreciated your threads - still do, and still will. But I've never understood the attitude.

Thanks. Parroting false statements just irks me. Accept it, many people think new Legacy is a huge departure from the Legacy unworthy of the model name. If you like it, all the power to you, but don't tell others they should like it.

Well, I'm not forcing anyone to like it. I'm just trying to offset things a little; I try to be objective until I actually try something. What irks ME is a lot of people saying "it sucks" without trying it. Cars are funny like that. So I do see your point, if it's from an opposite viewpoint, and apologize if it came off like I'm an SoA rep. Not the case at all. I've not driven the '10 either - I'm just not going to sit here and tolerate page after page of naysaying, with little to back it up.

It is a huge departure, that's true - but so was the '05, and all in good ways. Once most started driving it, owning it, modding it.... all the "ah ha"s kicked in. That's usually how it goes. :)

Not sure why the assumption about buying a MY10, though. I've no idea what I'll be buying in five years. Honestly, probably a bigger house.

Every person i ask about the Infinity G37 they love the look of the car. The 2010 has a very close look to it. I must be crazy but I thought the last model Legacy looked bad. Small out of date with very little styling. I am sure it performed very well. I have been drawn to the 2010 bassed on its looks. I do drive an Accord but only bought it do to its reliability not its looks. I thought the 2010 would give me both looks and quality AWD just its lacking amenities.

The G37, is that the one that has the headlights that the '10 Legacy's headlights look so similar to? I hadn't noticed that before, but that's pretty weird.

(Hardly coincidental, I'm sure. ;) )

Every person i ask about the Infinity G37 they love the look of the car. The 2010 has a very close look to it.

If that the case it must be the Skinny CZJ(G37) versus the FATTY CZJ(2010 Legacy):lol:

http://battlingforhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/zetjones.jpg

If you like what the new legacy offers, by all means get one. Enjoy your new car!

Just don't be suprised/offended when people who already don't like the car do not change thier opinion because of your enthusiasm.

It's ok to have differing tastes.

If you like what the new legacy offers, by all means get one. Enjoy your new car!

Just don't be suprised/offended when people who already don't like the car do not change thier opinion because of your enthusiasm.

It's ok to have differing tastes.

Very true! See, now this is a respectable kind of "I don't like it" post. And, pretty much what I'm saying. It'd be pretty damned boring only having one opinion - so by the same token, it gets REALLY old to constantly see a lot of --> :spin: <-- on the car forums, when something new comes out, when most of them have yet to even see one in person. Let alone drive it!

Link the threads from any forum or shut the f*** up. Sure there could be few dissending voices, particulrly about the Canadian bumpers and less content compared to the JDM variant, but show me that "bloody murder" screaming.Or shut the f*** up.

:spin::spin::spin:

+10000000000000000000000000

Still waiting for all those posts.:rolleyes:

What's truly the point of digging through five years of forum threads - to prove a point?

1. I love the 05-09, always did

2. Some people didn't like it

3. I've no intention of buying a '10, personally

If you guys don't remember anything negative, that's fine.

Archived