LegacyGT.com

OEM Throttle body hose vs AVO Throttle body hose??

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How precisely does the TB hose need to line up on the TB?

I installed the TB hose onto the TMIC first then slid it onto the TB. It seemed to be lined up just right to slide on without any fuss. I tightened up the clamps but it still seems to be leaking air from somewhere around the TB.

I have removed the donut from the TB end of the hose a few months ago because it was in rough shape and was causing a leak.

• 1 year later...
Bumping this thread as my car started to make this noise today and the first thing I said was it sounds like a balloon letting air out... Google searched and came acrossed this thread. I checked everything and so far nothing seems out of place or loose. Hopefully it's a simple fix! Car runs fine just makes this crazy noise when building boost

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

You may want to think about doing a vacuum/boost leak test.

Do you know how to do that ?

Are you still running the OEM tmic ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the boots off the end of my OEM hose and used t-bolt clamps to keep it and my inlet in place. Never a issue since.

With the slight amount of blow by its a matter of time until they start to slip off with the rubber boots in place. I had to fit the hose with the t-bolt loose and get very articulate with the 10mm flex drive to fit it perfectly as the its a bit a process to ensure it seats against the TMIC oulet and the TB inlet flush.

Archived