LegacyGT.com

OEM Throttle body hose vs AVO Throttle body hose??

Trying reading....I've never taken the TB end of the hose off. I've never taken the TB HOSE off, but I have taken the IC out of the TB hose.

I have discovered its best to not remove it from the throttle body. That is where mine has blown the gasket inside.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its best to not remove it from the throttle body. That is where mine has blown the gasket inside.

Yeah, I know, I'm specifically telling Lizard to "try reading" before he tries to make someone out to look like an idiot.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

It's actually harder to get the hose ends over the TB and TMIC outlet. They need to be lubed with hairspray then twisted and they'll go on with just a little struggle.

With the AVO in place it still sounds like I have a post turbo leak at full boost. It sounds fine at <15psi but I hear a slight screeching above that. It sounds like it's coming from the left side.

I'm damn good at IC R&I at this point. But I'm getting tired of it. :rolleyes:

+1 on what unclemat said. I can't wait to go FMIC.

It's actually harder to get the hose ends over the TB and TMIC outlet. They need to be lubed with hairspray then twisted and they'll go on with just a little struggle.

With the AVO in place it still sounds like I have a post turbo leak at full boost. It sounds fine at <15psi but I hear a slight screeching above that. It sounds like it's coming from the left side.

I'm damn good at IC R&I at this point. But I'm getting tired of it. :rolleyes:

+1 on what unclemat said. I can't wait to go FMIC.

After having the Perrin FMIC, I have a bad taste in my mouth regarding FMIC's. Boost leaks galore!

that's not what I want to hear. :eek:

itsme, don't fail us brother. :p

Well, I also had the Perrin FMIC v1 which apparently had some fitment issues. Perrin? Fitment issues? Imagine that.... :lol:

From what I have read, I don't think others with newer FMICs have had those same types of problems. I don't advise anyone to buy anything Perrin, EVER.

Well, I also had the Perrin FMIC v1 which apparently had some fitment issues. Perrin? Fitment issues? Imagine that.... :lol:

From what I have read, I don't think others with newer FMICs have had those same types of problems. I don't advise anyone to buy anything Perrin, EVER.

Easy, easy. I have Perrin inlet and Perrin mid/y, no issues.

Ok, so I got the AVO TB/IC hose today. I thought it would come with its own hose clamps but it didn't. I know I can re-use the oem clamps but does any recommend that I use better ones? If so, where should I get them? (home depot? lowes?)

Ok, so I got the AVO TB/IC hose today. I thought it would come with its own hose clamps but it didn't.

Typical AVO BS.

Look at the product image on their site:

http://www.avoturboworld.com/content/view/152/26/

SHows hose clamps, one would assume, "oh, cool, comes w/ clamps".

Nope...notoriously fail to include items time and time again.

I recently purchased a downpipe from them...first they did not include a flange to mate to the exhaust, and 2nd got hosed on not having a bung for the rear o2 sensor.

AVO is in a constant state of short changing their customers. :spin:

McMasterCarr sells some nice tbolt clamps...although you can get away w/ using the existing worm clamps

Talking about one of these?

http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images/htclamps/5312k13p1.gif

http://www.mcmaster.com/#hose-and-tube-clamps/=2o7vtq

My only concern is not over tightening the clamps, but getting the tight enough without them cutting into the hose over time. U know?

Typical AVO BS.

I recently purchased a downpipe from them...first they did not include a flange to mate to the exhaust, and 2nd got hosed on not having a bung for the rear o2 sensor.

I ordered from Fred Beans. But, yeah they must have not sent clamps with the hose.

You'll know when they're tight. I got mine really tight with no hose cutting or TB collapsing. :eek:

It would have been nice to at least have directions with the hose that shows which way it goes on. Not that it took long to figure it out, but it would have been nice.

You'll know when they're tight. I got mine really tight with no hose cutting or TB collapsing. :eek:

It would have been nice to at least have directions with the hose that shows which way it goes on. Not that it took long to figure it out, but it would have been nice.

Yeah I will second that, I have already been thinking about it. My plan is just to put both sides of the hose back on (IC and TB side)and THEN tighten the clamps. (Easier said than done though :))

Fred Beans is just the middle man.

It's still AVO dropping the ball.

I was meaning to refer to "they" as AVO. As far as Fred beans goes, I can't say enough about their level of customer service. I order all of my parts from there.

the avo tb hose is quickly becoming worse then the up install for me! my stocker kept popping off no matter which way i turned it so decided to go the avo route. part came in yesterday (thanks fredbeans) so i figured it would be a 15 minute job max! WRONG! trying to fit the hose over the throttle body and/or the TMIC is what the first day of prison must be like. I can get one side on but i'm having no luck getting them BOTH on.

I popped the hose over the TMIC and have an old AEM intake tube in the other end sitting out in the sun all day. i'm hoping the heat from the sun stretches it out just a little bit so i can slide it on.

does anyone have any other tips?

so far this is turnign ito the most difficult mod i've done to date and thats not what i expected from a TB hose :mad:

Typical AVO BS.

Your situation must have been the one Jeremy referenced when I recently asked him about an AVO DP with a TD04 twinscroll bellmouth. He said their special order stuff is too much headache and recommended I contact them directly.

I sent an enquiry via the AVO website on Monday and haven't heard back yet.

Not sure where else to get a good twinscroll DP? :confused:

(Sorry for OT)

the avo tb hose is quickly becoming worse then the up install for me! my stocker kept popping off no matter which way i turned it so decided to go the avo route. part came in yesterday (thanks fredbeans) so i figured it would be a 15 minute job max! WRONG! trying to fit the hose over the throttle body and/or the TMIC is what the first day of prison must be like. I can get one side on but i'm having no luck getting them BOTH on.

I popped the hose over the TMIC and have an old AEM intake tube in the other end sitting out in the sun all day. i'm hoping the heat from the sun stretches it out just a little bit so i can slide it on.

does anyone have any other tips?

so far this is turnign ito the most difficult mod i've done to date and thats not what i expected from a TB hose :mad:

Its a pain in the ass and I completely understand. The least complicated way for me was to bolt up the IC on the turbo and visualize how the AVO hose needed to go and just go from there. Its a bitch, but eventually it will just fit.

Huge PITA, and my hands are still cut up a week later. Here's what worked for me - finally. Key is that it's easier to get the throttle body end on, so do that last.

1. Disconnect the TMIC and completely remove the 3-bolt bracket from the driver's side.
  2. Lube the inside of the AVO tube and force the end with the lettering onto the TMIC fitting with the letters facing the battery - not straight up like someone else said (here I'm assuming that all AVO tubes have the lettering in the same place).
  3. Put the clamps loosely on the tube and orient so that you'll be able to get at the screws later.
  4. Grab the TMIC and force the free end of the AVO tube onto the throttle body fitting. Rotating it back and forth on the fitting helps.
  5. Once it's on, force it all the way on the fitting.
  6. Since the AVO tube is longer than the stock one, you'll have to lever the TMIC toward the front to get the mounting bolts to line up. First, loosly reinstall the 3-bolt bracket with the front two bolts. Then get someone to insert the rear bolt while you use a bar to pry the TMIC forward. Do this carefully by setting the end of the bar against the lip of the transmission tunnel and pushing against the side of the TMIC. Don't push agains the back of the TMIC or you'll bend it at the top.
  7. Once the 3-bolt bracket is on, bolt down the turbo side of the TMIC and tighten the clamps.

hutru01 & FPerron thanks for the tips. It seems connecting it to the TMIC first is the way to go. I did try that last night but after a while I was aggravated so I need to try again with a clear head. I did get it to pop on twice but i guess it wasn't lined up correctly so it pulled off of the throttle body end.

it's going on tonight, its just how long it will take to get on there, but it WILL be on! I refuse to be beaten by a TB hose. :cool:

Archived