LegacyGT.com

OEM Throttle body hose vs AVO Throttle body hose??

hahaha yeah i put the cold side of the intercooler onto the TB hose first (while off) and then slid it over my turbo studs, tightened tb side first then turbo side...but yes you need a kung fu grip on the TB hose to get it on the tmic especially with AVO...a lil oil around the lip of the tmic will helpe

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys would the throttle body hose be the same for all legacy models? I might be getting a AVO TMIC soon for my twinscroll but only place i can see these hoses is on AVO's site for about 110 dollars. someone here mentioned he picked one up for half that price?

It should be.

I have a red AVO hose waiting to go on with my IPR TMIC... eventually. I didn't want to mess around with the stock hose and leaks.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hi guys would the throttle body hose be the same for all legacy models? I might be getting a AVO TMIC soon for my twinscroll but only place i can see these hoses is on AVO's site for about 110 dollars. someone here mentioned he picked one up for half that price?

your looking at the wrong Hoes.... $59 buxx + shipping..

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/avo-silicone-throttle-body-hoses.html?___store=default

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/silicone-throttle-body-hose-p-33.html

I had no shortage of problems with the inner lip blowing out of the OEM hose all of the time, I discovered it when I'd see weird knock correction from cruise to boost almost all the time... It had pushed out and apparently was leaking enough to throw off afrs or something, but not enough to make a loud noise or limit boost...

I replaced with the AVO, but the AVO orientation made my IC sit a little higher and slightly back and the support bracket not fit... I tried moving it all around and finally just gave up and left it where it was...

Yes. The alignment with my bracket is off too. I cut out the holes on the bracket making a giant slot and used washers to hold down the bracket. gives me more room and still keeps the bolt adjuster strong. I lost my own intercooler bushing in the process the other night...wonder if I can order just that for if I ever go back to stock.

I've been looking for this hose everywhere.

Did they tell you this time line? Their website says that only the black and blue are back ordered. I ordered a red one. Just in case.

below are emails talking to FB directly... AVO has no stocks, I triple checked with 3 vendors, M-SPARK( LGT VENDOR), SUBIMODS & 2 other local shops on the east coast & NO ONE HAS!!!

blk/red/blue all sold out since 11 days ago...

I just place the order for a a blue hose to match my rad blue hose hoping it'll show up in the next 3-4 wks. AVO-FREDBEANS-ME!!!

from Jeremy Sassaman <jsassaman@fredbeans.com>

to XXXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

date Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:25 AM

subject RE: AVO Silicone Throttle Body Hoses -2005 LGT

mailed-by fredbeans.com

hide details Feb 9 (11 days ago)

I sold my last red hose yesterday.

Silicone should be arriving in the next 4-6 weeks.

from Ryan Tomol <RTomol@fredbeans.com>

to XXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

date Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:52 PM

subject Fred Beans Parts Order

mailed-by fredbeans.com

hide details Feb 18 (1 day ago)

Good afternoon. Currently, the AVO Throttle Body Hoses are about a week and a half out until I receive them. Would you like me to keep this order going for you and ship it out when we receive it?

it doesn't clamp down enough and it is too wide to use with the IPR since it clamps on both the bead and the non-bead area, so it slips up. You may be able to get it work, however. Mine was max tightened and still had a boost leak.

try double belt clamp then?? 1 closer to the TMIC & 1 right behind it.

I'm getting some sort of whistle sound but don't want to touch it since is a very minor leak, will fix it once I have the AVO hose, I'll be doing the double clamp

1 tbolt & 1 belt clamp.

im sorry guys, this slipped my mind but i have an oem tb hose thats basically brand new that i bought from the stealership when i was having the same problem. i was going to remove the rings to make it fit my ipr but then decided to go with the AVO. pm me if u want to buy or trade for it. it is OEM not avo tho :( avo is on my car :)

• 2 weeks later...
Can everyone post up some pics of how their TB hose is oriented? Where is the word "AVO"? I cannot seem to get this F***ing thing to fit. I can get it on the TB and the IC, but then the IC to turbo alignment is nowhere close. Thanks for the help!
335HP/360Tq VF-22/1820 clone with Meth

• 1 month later...

Hey what was the exact orientation of the hose that worked for you guys... I must have tried every way that was remotely close (holding my stock piece in one hand and the AVO in the other). I am tempted to cut it down cause its too long and just misaligned, if i force it into place the AVO hose starts to pull off the bottom of the IC side.

Cheers

Archived