LegacyGT.com

Camaro, Mustang, Challenger comparo.

I want to join this Camaro forum I'm reading just to call these guys foking morons. Afraid to give credit where it's due. It honestly sounds just like a forum full of 15 year olds. Bashing all 4-cyl cars because they don't have a V8 (Evo/S2000 included), a new Camaro will handle better than a R34 Skyline or Supra, how the new Camaro is the apparently the king of the road and so on. And then there's the complaints. They admit the car is a porker, the interior is still hideous, one guy has trans issues already along with a rough idle. Apparently the new Camaro is the best car ever made.:spin: Praise them to the high heaven then the complaints start.:rolleyes:

Please... I'm hedging my bets on the next generation V6 and V8 Mustang engines.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to join this Camaro forum I'm reading just to call these guys foking morons. Afraid to give credit where it's due. It honestly sounds just like a forum full of 15 year olds. Bashing all 4-cyl cars because they don't have a V8 (Evo/S2000 included), a new Camaro will handle better than a R34 Skyline or Supra, how the new Camaro is the apparently the king of the road and so on. And then there's the complaints. They admit the car is a porker, the interior is still hideous, one guy has trans issues already along with a rough idle. Apparently the new Camaro is the best car ever made.:spin: Praise them to the high heaven then the complaints start.:rolleyes:

Yeah i have always been an outcast on the ls1 forums because i like to give credit where its due no matter how many cylinders you have. As for the supra and skylien comment the stock r34 and supra arent light cars either, the r34 is 3700-3800lbs and the supra is 3800lbs. Both only ran mid 13s stock with a good driver which is why they cant justify paying 25k for a supra twin turbo with 100kmiles on it or a r34 for 50k with higher miles when you can get a f-body ls1 for 8-11k with 60-80kmiles on it and it make more power than both those cars. They always talk about shit like that but there are some cool guys on there aswell with alot of knowledge.

As for the mustang gt engines ford has never had a engine worth talking about in a GT. If your not into power they are ok but most people who own v8 muscle cars are into power.

It's a lot like this place, home of the King of Cars!!!!

It's a lot like this place, home of the King of Cars!!!!

OH! How could I forget? We have the Spec B. Put M1 in it and pw3n all.:lol:But seriously, it seems that 90% of the people will gladly give credit where it's due. And as far as an Fbody goes, yeah, you can save some $$$ and go faster but part of that is because both the cars and speed parts are a dime a dozen. It's not hard or much more expensive to make 450RWHP with a 2JZ. And a lot more comes easily. For the extra cash, you get better build quality, a much nicer interior, and something that will stand out in a crowd.:)

As for the mustang gt engines ford has never had a engine worth talking about in a GT. If your not into power they are ok but most people who own v8 muscle cars are into power.

You gotta have some respect for the 'ol 302. There are more parts out there for that engine than there are people in China.

You gotta have some respect for the 'ol 302. There are more parts out there for that engine than there are people in China.

The new mustangs come with 289s-4.6liter. But if you are refering to the 5.0 that came in the foxbodys and 94/95 gts then no i have no respect. A built 5.0 N/A makes little power, FI it can make soem power but the blocks split like butter around 600hp. Now alot of people on this forum will tell you 600hp is alot but in the world of v8 racing, it isnt.

OH! How could I forget? We have the Spec B. Put M1 in it and pw3n all.:lol:But seriously, it seems that 90% of the people will gladly give credit where it's due. And as far as an Fbody goes, yeah, you can save some $$$ and go faster but part of that is because both the cars and speed parts are a dime a dozen. It's not hard or much more expensive to make 450RWHP with a 2JZ. And a lot more comes easily. For the extra cash, you get better build quality, a much nicer interior, and something that will stand out in a crowd.:)

I had a badass supra, its was a 87 so no 2jz. But a 2jz wont make 450whp cheaper when you have to pay 25k for a 93+ twin turbo supra with 100kmiles on it. There thinking is why not spend 10k on the car and with 15k in upgrades and run 9s-10s. I have said it before and il lsay it again i always had mroe fun driving my 430whp T/A than i did driving my 517rwhp supra which is why i sold the supra to my friend who enjoys it mroe than i ever did.

Thanks for those links, I was in the dark about the brake weights. If indeed that is some type of "field fix" for something, it is a perfect example of why Detroit is loosing ground.

That would be totally unacceptable for me to own. I'm sure there may be some questionable issues with the other two, but that is just blatently hacked.

Thanks for those links, I was in the dark about the brake weights. If indeed that is some type of "field fix" for something, it is a perfect example of why Detroit is loosing ground.

That would be totally unacceptable for me to own. I'm sure there may be some questionable issues with the other two, but that is just blatently hacked.

I agree on that one. If that wasnt a mistake and GM did that on purpose then they deserve to be slapped.

I had a badass supra, its was a 87 so no 2jz. But a 2jz wont make 450whp cheaper when you have to pay 25k for a 93+ twin turbo supra with 100kmiles on it. There thinking is why not spend 10k on the car and with 15k in upgrades and run 9s-10s. I have said it before and il lsay it again i always had mroe fun driving my 430whp T/A than i did driving my 517rwhp supra which is why i sold the supra to my friend who enjoys it mroe than i ever did.

I didn't mean cheaper. I meant the power that can be gained is pretty cheap compared to some cars. Take a 2JZ along with a few others and see what it takes to make 450HP compared to others. Yes, a Terminator and an LS1 will beat it but the Supra will still be cheaper than any Honda or Subaru. And I think the above 302 reference was to the late 60's/early 70's 302. You know, of Boss 302 fame.;)

I didn't mean cheaper. I meant the power that can be gained is pretty cheap compared to some cars. Take a 2JZ along with a few others and see what it takes to make 450HP compared to others. Yes, a Terminator and an LS1 will beat it but the Supra will still be cheaper than any Honda or Subaru. And I think the above 302 reference was to the late 60's/early 70's 302. You know, of Boss 302 fame.;)

We are putting a 1jz in the 87 since tony junked the 7m block. Should be a fun summer project, i just hope he can get all the money together and not leave it half done over winter. The boss 302 was cool, it made 290hp which is damn good for a 302 back then, but i was always more into the 396, 427, cobra jet 426 and the 1970 ls6 which gm rated at 450hp but really made closer to 500hp. That was a real engine for the 70s

Reading comparo's in the latest magazines has me kind of disappointed in the performance of the 10' Camaro SS.

when did Chevy start production of this ten foot version?

We are putting a 1jz in the 87 since tony junked the 7m block. Should be a fun summer project, i just hope he can get all the money together and not leave it half done over winter. The boss 302 was cool, it made 290hp which is damn good for a 302 back then, but i was always more into the 396, 427, cobra jet 426 and the 1970 ls6 which gm rated at 450hp but really made closer to 500hp. That was a real engine for the 70s

For the straight line stuff, those engines killed then and they still are the perfect foundation for a killer today. But, the 302 Ford, the DZ302 Chevy and the destroked 340 Mopar were the Trans Am power plants of choice 35 years ago. Remember, 4 decades ago, Trans Am was huge. Almost as big as factory backed drag racing.

I think we are forgetting how far we have come with technology. We have 2.5L engines making 290hp these days, and don't forget these are SAE not net numbers.

Back on topic, I get the feeling the Camaro was reluctantly brought to market. It will be a fad, just as the Challenger will become. What amazes me is the "stay power" the Mustang has in that market place segment.

If you like stupid huge cams that barely idle on the street, check out this C5.

YouTube - HPF Turbo E46 M3 vs 427ci C5 Z06 - A YouTube Exclusive

Holy waste of money batman, was just curious to see how much the hpf turbo kits are.... 16k? Are you kidding me.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/HorsepowerFreaks/Turbos/Turbo_Kits/E46_M3/11037

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Archived