LegacyGT.com

2010 LGT engine pics! Turbo, manifold, TMIC

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not the same u have to do so much stuff to do basic thing like take the transmission out. Now u have to drop the engine cradle to get it to come out and you have to remove the whole engine cradle to get the power steering racks out. They got all these new horrible designs from when they were with GM :(

I wonder if the how much torque this "new" 6speed will hold....Anyone have any idea?

probably not more than the 5-spd. good source says it's basically the old 5 speed gearbox +1. not a weaker STi trans.

also, drove a GT the other day. it sounds like my NA car. ha ha, good to know it will sound gross as well as look gross. The most tolerable configuration of this car I think is a white GT. it looks ok, but damn those wheel arches!

dear god.. I saw one of the 2010 outbacks on the road yesterday.. I shit you not it was sitting higher off the ground than a chevy S-10 (2000 or so) and was bigger than a ford escape. :eek: Has anyone here seen the taurus X? that mutant station wagon pos that ford sold like 3 of in the last couple years? no one wants them because they SUCK.. well.. one of those 3 was on the road beside it.. it sits HIGHER than the taurus X.. but is the same physical size.

"outback" is no longer a suitable name.. the "tribecca sport" is what it should be called.

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/02/2008-Taurus-X.jpg

I was in my full size 4wd silverado and the thing damn near looked to me like it was sitting as high as I was.. it wasn't beside me long tho. It was obviously a loaner, it had that stupid "subaru love" shit all over the side of it.

<insert ascii middle finger to subaru here>

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

probably not more than the 5-spd. good source says it's basically the old 5 speed gearbox +1. not a weaker STi trans.

I actually spoke with a SOA regional sales rep and a local subaru test driver last weekend that was out in Pittsburgh a week earlier flogging the new GT around the track and they both stated it's a brand new trans and feels VERY different from other Subaru M/T's because of the cable-actuated linkage. Neither was a fan of the new trans at all. I've only been along for a very spirited test drive, not driven it yet, so I can't comment personally on the shift feel. Should be interesting to hear the opinion of those that buy these and have had previous M/T Subarus.

I actually spoke with a SOA regional sales rep and a local subaru test driver last weekend that was out in Pittsburgh a week earlier flogging the new GT around the track and they both stated it's a brand new trans and feels VERY different from other Subaru M/T's because of the cable-actuated linkage. Neither was a fan of the new trans at all. I've only been along for a very spirited test drive, not driven it yet, so I can't comment personally on the shift feel. Should be interesting to hear the opinion of those that buy these and have had previous M/T Subarus.

I too am anxious to drive the new Legacy to compare to mine.

Archived