LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Center console can be done with patience and around $800... the range is because a lot of the parts come from a junkyard over in Israel. You often get damaged/cracked parts. I had to basically build two consoles to get one that was free of ANY defect. That cost me a little over 1K. If you are willing to do some repair work, epoxy, sand etc. you can do it for much less. It's a crap shoot. I also built a console for Shtbxr22 in exchange for some engine work... he took his further by painting his radio face etc. I really like how his turned out as well. Scaceys did his pretty much on his own....

SCACEYS is VERY unique as he had to swap his '05 console pieces over to an '08 before he could swap to the EDM/JDM units. He also had to overcome the challenge of figuring out the AT shifter assembly.... he did a great job.

If anyone wants details and a more specific breakdown, let me know. I'll be happy to talk on the phone. If you need/want the illuminated cup holders as well, that's extra. GOtta get the JDM piece from japanparts and then dissect it, and install in the EDM console cup holder. Those with heated seats, you gotta cut your own window for the switch (i have the top panel with this done already if anyone is serious they can have it for cheap). Custom wiring is required (purple/black for dimmer switch) and you must mount the console differently in the rear. I made a false bottom on mine and made a template. I have this template for others if they want to use it. Also, I don't know How SCACEYS mounted his.

Shaun

Where are you guys sourcing the JDM parts? I want to do the SpecB front bumper on my 05 before next spring.

There's an A-C jdm bumper for sale on hkc-speed.com

The rest japanparts... for A-C, you reuse fenders hood and lights ;) if I am not mistaken... Underdog?

I bought the majority of my swap locally. It included the following:

• Bumper Beam
  • Upper Foam Support
  • Lower Foam Support
  • Bumper Skin
  • Bumper Skin Clips (near where the fender meets the bumper)
  • Headlight Brackets
  • Lower Air Dam Trim Piece
  • Grille
  • Wheelwell Mudguards
  • GTSpec (in lieu of a JDM undertray)

It also came with an STI Lip, but that is not necessary for the conversion, only highly recommended. :)

I needed to buy an additional piece for the lower grille opening. It basically seals off all the gaps/seams to make sure the air goes through the radiator/condenser. I also bought new JDM fogs ($$$) because, while the USDM fogs can be rigged up (look up member Repsak's walkthrough), I prefer a clean, OEM installation, and I wanted new fogs so I could Lamin-X them right off the bat.

Basically, you need this bumper kit, these fogs L/R (optional), this grille (choose Rev.A-C, and buy the badge locally) or one of the several OEM/Aftermarket grille options, and an undertray solution (can't find on Japanparts, but Yuki can supply it. GTSpec is available in North America and is very nice, but doesn't seal off the engine compartment like the OEM unit).

• 1 month later...