LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

OK... so I figured out what FMIC will work with the D-F JDM SpecB/S402 front end... The RacerX fits perfectly, minus the beam. This had me scratching my head because the other option would be the FMS/SSAuto/TXS setup (which I just had Powder Coated; go figure) but it will not fit without significant trimming of the bumper. Theres absolutely no way in hell that I am going to trim the JDM bumper. None.

I did find that that the BEAM for the FMS/SSAuto/TXS setup DOES fit under the JDM bumper.... so... looks like I'll be running the FMS Beam and RacerX FMIC! Also, the EDM fenders (I assume Jdm as well) are wider than USDM... I'd say by about 1/4 inch! THAT was a nice little surprise!

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u395/Frontman81/2012-09-08_15-13-05_418.jpg

Dude, your car looks clean and sexy :wub: that original Honeycomb looks so sexy plus your JDM Bumper. Very clean car!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, your car looks clean and sexy :wub: that original Honeycomb looks so sexy plus your JDM Bumper. Very clean car!

Famaya - I was surprised to learn that the honeycomb is also at a downward angle so the FMIC is not easily seen through the grille! I love that. Also, I've got the foglight covers (with matching honeycomb) coming from Japan. If I decide to keep this particular JDM swap when I'm done, I'm going to plasti-dip the chrome around the grille.

Shaun

08Legacy08 I am so jelly you did this! I was hoping in the near future I will be the first one to have a "USDM s402" from the inside and out. Oh well, I am happy for you man! Once I get a 08-09 LGT-L I am still gonna do the s402 in/out swap.

I met someone at WBM with a black GT-L and he showed me his JDM interior with the black plastics and the LED lit cup holders. Do you have this swap too or have you considered it?

I loved the look of that interior so much more than the USDM one. Also, If you look at the USDM bumper it makes the car look as if its smiling at you and its bugging me so much lol.

Can you PM me approx prices and sources of the parts you changed so far? It will be really helpful to me to know reliable JDM parts shops. Thanks man and good luck!

It occurred to me that I do not have my JDM stuff in one post to reference in the future. I'll go ahead and do this and then start my own thread when I get closer to paint...

08Legacy08 I am so jelly you did this! I was hoping in the near future I will be the first one to have a "USDM s402" from the inside and out. Oh well, I am happy for you man! Once I get a 08-09 LGT-L I am still gonna do the s402 in/out swap.

I met someone at WBM with a black GT-L and he showed me his JDM interior with the black plastics and the LED lit cup holders. Do you have this swap too or have you considered it?

I loved the look of that interior so much more than the USDM one. Also, If you look at the USDM bumper it makes the car look as if its smiling at you and its bugging me so much lol.

Can you PM me approx prices and sources of the parts you changed so far? It will be really helpful to me to know reliable JDM parts shops. Thanks man and good luck!

That was me who you met... Eric (SHTBXR22) and I are the first to do the EDM center console (I built both). Eric has a silver specB, Mine is a black '08 and SCACEYS is almost finished with his automatic console in his '05. So, there are only three of us - mine is the only black car ;)http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u395/Frontman81/NightConsole.jpghttp://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/181411_10150876171864262_692369258_n.jpg

I've also completed the rear swap... its as close to S402 as I'm going to get. There IS another person on this forum who has completed an entire swap (minus the center console) but that person shall stay anonymous. If you want to talk, you can call me nine seven eight - nine zero two-five nine seven one.

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u395/Frontman81/2012-08-23_15-31-00_848.jpg

Thanks for the good word!!!

Famaya - I was surprised to learn that the honeycomb is also at a downward angle so the FMIC is not easily seen through the grille! I love that. Also, I've got the foglight covers (with matching honeycomb) coming from Japan. If I decide to keep this particular JDM swap when I'm done, I'm going to plasti-dip the chrome around the grille.

Shaun

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I actually like the OE chrome look. Subaru did a great job on that grille, hence why I am rocking it on a JDM SpecB A-C front end.

$370+ is a lot to pay for just a kit. And then having to wait for shipment from Japan. I've seen a couple of the Marketplace but like you say, they go fast. The car looks real clean all around.

It is a lot of money for just the kit... and then there's the HU. The one I would be happy with is 1k+.... I'd rather hold off until they get the android powered HUs more advanced. Then, maybe I'd consider it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I actually like the OE chrome look. Subaru did a great job on that grille, hence why I am rocking it on a JDM SpecB A-C front end.

If my car were white, I'd totally go chrome. However, since most of all of it is (or was :lol:) black then I feel it clashes. It's only plasti-dip so I could always peel it off.

Jesus where can I find that STI rear lip/wing?

It looks like a genuine STI boot spoiler, same as came stock on the STIs here in Australia...you can try asking Subaru in the states, otherwise will have to order from Subaru Japan...there are other parts sellers that will stock them too I think like rhdjapan.com

That was me who you met... Eric (SHTBXR22) and I are the first to do the EDM center console (I built both). Eric has a silver specB, Mine is a black '08 and SCACEYS is almost finished with his automatic console in his '05. So, there are only three of us - mine is the only black car ;)

Oh that was you?? Man, you may not remember me but I was excited like a little kid after seeing your car :D. I may go to NH to visit a friend there this winter. If it isn't an issue I would love to stop by and check your car after its all done with the swap:p.

Oh that was you?? Man, you may not remember me but I was excited like a little kid after seeing your car :D. I may go to NH to visit a friend there this winter. If it isn't an issue I would love to stop by and check your car after its all done with the swap:p.

That was me! No problem bud, just keep me posted ok?!

Shaun

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/181411_10150876171864262_692369258_n.jpg

So that's a manual boot on a 5EAT? I was thinking of doing this myself! Just wasn't sure which shift knob to use, was going to use the AUDM 08 STI 5EAT shifter as it has the "STI" logo on it

So that's a manual boot on a 5EAT? I was thinking of doing this myself! Just wasn't sure which shift knob to use, was going to use the AUDM 08 STI 5EAT shifter as it has the "STI" logo on it

I think his is a Manual. But I really wonder if it would work on a AT?