LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

I'm so confused. I have an 08 spec b with serious saggy ass. Seems like the only fix for that is spacers. Even with new lowering coils? I would like to add a rear sway, so I would use 2 spacers. I also want to update the coilovers all the at around. I found some BC racing BR coilovers that say they are good for the spec b and fully adjustable. I only want the front to look like the back. So a 1" drop, and a little stiffer suspension. I want the car to stick to the road. I know tires are important there. But with bad suspension, the best tires don't matter. The tein street basis are way less expensive, but I can't find lowering info on either of them, or stiffness on the BC racing. And how does the spec b top hat affect aftermarket? They say top hat is included, so I should be good to go? Sorry for the rookie questions. The more I read, the more I get confused. Being new to turbo motors is taking up more brain space than I have at the moment.

Thanks for any help. Really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend currently on BC BR coils on his Legacy. He said it's a horrible daily driver. That being said. If you buy the right coilover setup for your exact car you should have no problems with fitment.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im late to the this party and with 100k miles i think its time to upgrade my suspension for my DD leggy. im looking to get these bilsteins $699 for all 4 corners

What springs are best suited for these besides sti pinks as i dont want to wait for shipping from japan? thanks much for your input...

was looking at rallitek springs, i dont want more than a 1" drop, its my daily and just want something a bit stiffer. was waiting patiently for used set but might as well go new

Brand New Set of Bilstein Monotube Strut Assemblies and Shock Absorbers, 2 Fronts and 2 Rear | * Includes: > 1 - Bilstein # 35-118305 Front Left Strut, 36mm > 1 - Bilstein # 35-118312 Front Right Strut, 36mm > 2 - Bilstein # 24-118323 Rear Shocks, 46mm

Bilstein B6 Heavy Duty monotube

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Hi

I have been doing my research regarding getting STI pinks together with a stock JDM 2008 LGT setup but i keep reading conflicting arguments. Some people say they are they are a good combo while some say they give the car a harsh ride.

Has anyone actually done this and can comment? Any pictures of the setup with 17inch wheels would be appreciated as well.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Unfortunately not looking for coilovers as they won't handle salt well, constand readjustments for seasons, and I won't want to rebuild them after a year or two.

Hoping for iON's or Epic's/Eibach's but that isn't possible unless used.

Would do rallitek springs but they're 440 for a set..

Only want 1 to 1.3 inch drop. H&R seems like only viable option.

Edited by Wasted Potential

Is it just me, or does it seem like Swift springs (advertised at lowering F/R by 1.2/1) look more aggressive than H&R (1.4/1.3)?

People state to use KYB's w/ H&R but not with swifts either..

From when I was doing research, I think the Swifts are meant to be used with JDM Bilsteins but I could be wrong. With non Spec B suspension, they will be lower than advertised especially in the front. I liked the fact that Swift makes a set for the sedan and the wagon so I went that route until I ended up buying coilovers haha

• 1 month later...

I've got a dilemma.

Epic springs on Koni Yellows. One front spring has broken.

I am assuming that I need to change out at least the front pair together. Any suggestions for a pair of fronts that will mate ok with the remaining Epics on the rear?

image000000.thumb.jpg.27c0ea307eb89432d0348872b08f563c.jpg

^ I had the same thing happen to me on my eibach (same design spec as epic) and I had to find something used. I ended up with sti pinks. They are okay. Not quite at comfy as the eibach/epic springs.

Your best best is to find something used, unless the aftermarket for the older lgts has picked up, which I think is unlikley

^ I had the same thing happen to me on my eibach (same design spec as epic) and I had to find something used. I ended up with sti pinks. They are okay. Not quite at comfy as the eibach/epic springs.

Your best best is to find something used, unless the aftermarket for the older lgts has picked up, which I think is unlikley

• 4 months later...

Lazarus thread! Goal: Somewhat stiffer ride (for Wagon NOT sedan) but not harsh. This is not a track rig but a DD and some dirt roads about so I plan on using spacers to reduce the ride drop to about .5 inch drop. This should reduce roll and squat as well as a nice bonus.

The remaining options seems to mostly say ride is quite a bit harsher or too low. The too low can be taken care of with a spacer (within limits).

Springs

H&R Sport - $250. seems to infer better performance due to reduced ride height. No wagon specific springs and mention it will sag with a wagon. Wonder about the life of a compromised spring rate. Couple of bad reviews with Koni’s but this is the most recommended option.

Swift - $360. Makes a specific wagon version but also heard quite stiff and very aggressive lowering.

Tein S. Tech - $190. this is the more aggressive (and progressive rate) spring. H Tech doesn’t show up as an option and S. Techs have a less than savory reputation.

STi Pinks are mentioned but cant seem to find for sale other than used or salvage.

Shocks.

Seems to come down to Koni (best recommended), Bilsteins (very best but quite expensive), and KYB.

Lots of advice but our options are becoming quite limited.

The early STI's still have a lot more options for suspension upgrades twhich I read the Legacy GT mostly shares but I don’t know for a fact.

If the above is true, what would be required to swap STI springs/shocks into a 05 Legacy?

For what it is worth, the wagon is ~65lbs heavier than the sedan so if the shocks/struts fit I think they would be fine. I did IBOC springs and Bilstien shocks 100K miles ago, still working well. Love the shocks/struts but the struts were a PITA to install because you need separate top mounts for the Spec B.

I got some fresh ready to drop your wagon bilstein b8s plus Swift’s in buy and sell. ;)

I’d run them in winter but a $1300 winter suspension set up seems a bit much when my outback Kybs are fresh and probably better for it. Would prefer to be somewhere between legacy and outback height though for winter. There are some rallitek 1” lifts I’m thinking about pairing with the outback kybs. Just posting this this though will mean they’ll be sold by tomorrow though.

I have H Techs and Koni's on my wagon, with a 3/4" rear spacer. On my car, I think the front needs either less bump stop or a slightly longer more progressive bump stop. It rides really nice (aka soft), but the reduced travel means it gets into the front bump stop solidly, when it does. 1/2" spacers aren't going to help with this.

Anyways, I still like them.

• 4 weeks later...
Are these the Eibach springs that get installed?

‘08 LGT in my case. 8a6bba23195d4ed0ed110311f832a530.jpg

Well the part number you have shown in the picture is for a BMW so no haha. Part number you want is 7716.140. Also I wouldn't recommend ordering through TDot. They have pretty bad customer service from my time dealing with them and they are usually quite a bit more expensive than other retailers from the US even after duties and the currency conversion

Well the part number you have shown in the picture is for a BMW so no haha. Part number you want is 7716.140. Also I wouldn't recommend ordering through TDot. They have pretty bad customer service from my time dealing with them and they are usually quite a bit more expensive than other retailers from the US even after duties and the currency conversion

Do you know of any place that has this part? I’ve looked around and it’s discontinued/out of stock everywhere.

Do you know of any place that has this part? I’ve looked around and it’s discontinued/out of stock everywhere.

I would google that part number and a few sites come up with it but it likely could be discontinued as Tire Rack usually sells Eibach stuff but they don't list anything for the Legacy anymore

• 1 month later...