lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leaning toward Koni's w/ Epic Springs...

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/index.php/epic-engineering-subaru-legacy-gt-lowering-springs.html

From what I remember the Koni's rode a little lower than OE Struts in relation to most springs...is this true or does my memory deceive me?

Edited by careercadaver

In all honesty, I am converting back from BC BR Coils. I am looking for a bit more plush/stock like set-up and these seem to have the stance I am looking for as well. I'm in my 30's w/ an infant daughter and when we hit a decent bump ,on our well manicured MI roads, I see her little hands fly up startled...makes me feel horrible every time.

I'm open to suggestions on a spring that's in between...but as I've looked through this thread every single set-up that catches my eye is discontinued...COBB/Eibach...

...And from what I understand these are the rebranded Eibach Pro Kit...so that's about ideal...plus I should have some dampening control with the Koni's. At least that's my logic thus far.

Edited by careercadaver

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tried LGT spec lowering springs on Outback struts? My 08 OBXT is currently on 05 LGT wagon KYBs, with wagon spec Swifts. Turns out it's a bit too low for my life style. Trying to make things wor with the I already have. Which is the OB stock struts and springs hanging out in my basement, plus the stuff currently on the car.

Has anyone tried LGT spec lowering springs on Outback struts? My 08 OBXT is currently on 05 LGT wagon KYBs, with wagon spec Swifts. Turns out it's a bit too low for my life style. Trying to make things wor with the I already have. Which is the OB stock struts and springs hanging out in my basement, plus the stuff currently on the car.

That question has been asked before. The LGT lowering springs are too short, the ride would likely be horrible.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

This isn't a very original question I'm sure, but I'm looking to refresh my stock LGT suspension and would like some advice.

My car is an 05 wagon, totally stock as the moment. It is my daily driver and I really like it thus far, but I'm coming from a modified E46 and would like the car a to sit a little lower and be a little more predictable.

For budget reasons, I'm planning on getting KYB struts all around and have narrowed my spring options down to the following: Tein H-Tech or Rallitek. From what I've read both should drop the car ~ 1" without making the ride too harsh. I plan on pairing whichever spring I decide on with the 1/4" saggy butt spacers.

Any opinions on this? One over the other? Best vendor for either? Pics of either setup on a wagon?

Thanks all

This isn't a very original question I'm sure, but I'm looking to refresh my stock LGT suspension and would like some advice.

My car is an 05 wagon, totally stock as the moment. It is my daily driver and I really like it thus far, but I'm coming from a modified E46 and would like the car a to sit a little lower and be a little more predictable.

For budget reasons, I'm planning on getting KYB struts all around and have narrowed my spring options down to the following: Tein H-Tech or Rallitek. From what I've read both should drop the car ~ 1" without making the ride too harsh. I plan on pairing whichever spring I decide on with the 1/4" saggy butt spacers.

Any opinions on this? One over the other? Best vendor for either? Pics of either setup on a wagon?

Thanks all

Follow up on this: are Rallitek springs available new still? I found these on the website, but the description seems pretty vague. 1998-2009 outback and legacy? Is this really what people are using?

http://rallitek.com/springs/5634-rallitek-overload-springs-1998-2009-outback-legacy.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2007 Spec B - looking to lower my front end about .5-.75" and would like to keep the rear height and ride as close to stock as possible. I just want to even out the wheel/arch gaps between front and rear, and would rather lower the front than add saggy butt spacers to the rear.

Any recommendations?