LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Options / Possibilities

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IIRC, It is 3" that splits into a 2.25" pipe. I noticed a little increase in the midrange, but nothing fabulous. It took my techs and I about 5 to 10 minutes tops to install.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

how much for the greddy evo2 and where did u pick it up at?? i think im gonna replace my catback to get rid of the nasty resonance...i know exactly where its coming from now...its that big thing right in the middle of the catback, whatever it is...resonator?

Im confused now... it seems like everyone says that 3" is way too much for n/a models. Is that only if it's 3" all the way through?

Honestly, I didn't buy it for performance, that is what my LS1 is for. I bought because it was an opportunity and I like the sound. Plus i get over 31 mpg.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Honestly, I didn't buy it for performance, that is what my LS1 is for. I bought because it was an opportunity and I like the sound. Plus i get over 31 mpg.

Gotcha. But, do you see a (noticeable) decrease in performance? Because that is what everyone I've talked to seems to say about going 3", and that it would not have enough back pressure.

Gotcha. But, do you see a (noticeable) decrease in performance? Because that is what everyone I've talked to seems to say about going 3", and that it would not have enough back pressure.

I noticed a slight decrease in the low, but the mid range I noticed more.

Ahh, good to see another LS1 owner on here. Got an '02 Camaro SS myself. Been researching legacy N/A exhaust options lately. I think I may go SPT kit after reading all these. Or, does anyone know where to find the Legacy STi mufflers for less than like 1,000 bucks?

I had a spt first and I wanted something louder so I got the greddy both fit no problem perfect fitment. I got it with the help of adam07specb and ordered it through where adam gets his car tuned at efi logics.

Are you talking axle back or post exhaust manifold back ?

Its a a regular catback not axle back I can post up some pictures of it.

Please do Im not doubting you but I am curious to see i never knew a LGT exhaust would bolt up completely to a 2.5i due to the different manifolds

I will try and get a sound clip soon but all the times I have tried so far do not give it justice. To me this exhuast sounds great. I tried out x02 axle backs then I went to a SPT catback now I have the evo2 and I love it.

Please do Im not doubting you but I am curious to see i never knew a LGT exhaust would bolt up completely to a 2.5i due to the different manifolds

The catback will for the SPT as it took us no time at all at my work.

Here are some pictures of my Greddy Evo2 catback. I didnt have to do any modification it just bolted right on.

Oh i see I thought it bolted right to the N/A exhaust manifold. yeah i knew that from the axle/mid pipe back it was a snap that exhaust looks nice btw:rolleyes:

which Magnaflow muffler did you use???

I've got a shop that can do the custom work with aluminum pipe (CBE) using Magnaflow, but want to make sure they don't just use the generic Magnaflow muffler, but one that will sound proper.

thanks!

• 7 months later...

I just pulled the trigger on a set of UEL Headers today. Here is the design and part numbers I am going for. Will keep updated on the progress.

- UEL Headers: SpeedyRacer.com = $135 + Shipping (Cheapest I have found)

- Cat: Magnaflow 91065 = $77.84

- Resonator: Magnaflow 12645 = $77.91

- Muffler: Magnaflow 14829 = $143.96

Going with a single setup. Dual is unnecessary for my purpose and my cost constraints.

I just pulled the trigger on a set of UEL Headers today. Here is the design and part numbers I am going for. Will keep updated on the progress.

- UEL Headers: SpeedyRacer.com = $135 + Shipping (Cheapest I have found)

- Cat: Magnaflow 91065 = $77.84

- Resonator: Magnaflow 12645 = $77.91

- Muffler: Magnaflow 14829 = $143.96

Going with a single setup. Dual is unnecessary for my purpose and my cost constraints.

Nice let us know how much the single saved you over the dual option (as in buying a CBE)

Archived