LegacyGT.com

2010 Impreza STi

sportwagon

Lets talk about the 2010 sti. Does anyone know if the fozzy STi will every come state side. That thread on Nasioc is sweet.

Yeah that Fozzy XTI that SOA put together for SEMA was really sweet. I would prefer that over an '10 LGT or STI

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah that Fozzy XTI that SOA put together for SEMA was really sweet. I would prefer that over an '10 LGT or STI

+1

I love that thing! I remember the test on the previous model Forrester STI on TOP gear and that thing handled and performed just like the STI, except that it has so much more room. The new forrester is like an escalade on the inside compared to the STI :eek:. I'd love to have the XTI, but alas it's a pipe dream. They won't make it.

didn't they say that the XTI was a parts bin build? they have all the parts already, just up to corporate to say yes to it.

Pretty much off the shelf. Lets see...

STI drivetrain - $3-4K

STI turbo - $1K

STI brakes - $2K

STI springs - $300

JDM front end - $2K

STI front seats - $1K

STI wheels - $2K

Did I forget something??

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

^^^lol... as for not liking the new subaru..i can say that EVERYONE ive met and majority of nasioc reviews of every body style change subaru has done has been hated..and then modded ones come around and time goes by and everyone loves it.

quit posting CRAP! that was a artist rendering of what he thought the new 08 STI would look like. It's old news and has ZERO significance.

Thank you! This and that stupid chopped coupe should be banned from this site!

I've heard rumors of a 5EAT variant, and a removal of Brembo's.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

What subaru track record would lead you to that?

And what street-based forged monobloc brakes are better than Brembo?

Wilwood and stuff like that is good for the track, but they aren't exactly an OE-supplier for street cars.

Stoptech, Alcon, AP Racing...
:spin:

What OE cars, especially not boutique hand-built super-bucks cars that are built in numbers less than 1000, are built with those brand of brake hardware, and warranted after the sale?

And then how likely is Subaru to drop brembo for those companies, rather than the almost certain de-contenting that will probably put standard OE-grade non-branded brakes on the STI...

STI losing Brembos probably means that it either gets WRX-Subaru-branded brakes, or Legacy GT brakes. I doubt they would go to some other branded manufacturer of brake hardware, when Subaru has warranty commitments to keep.

Crap, you said it had to be more than 1000 :lol:

I will say that there have been a number of cases where a vehicle was offered w/, and w/o Brembos, and in a few of those (Nissan 350z/Infiniti G35 are the ones I know of immediately) the non-Brembo cars had better stopping distance, and close to the same, or better, fade resistance...

:spin:

yeah i need more room. i am 6.4 200 lbs. the subaru xti would be perfect for me. i might even abandon my lgt build and buy an xti if it were available. soa......

I'm 6'6'' and 240, some would say I'm all legs. I have plenty of room, I'm not saying you should too, only wondering what you need that I dont to accomadate your size?

Archived