LegacyGT.com

2010 Impreza STi

sportwagon

Our local RSM confirmed there are some changes coming and the enthusiast crowd will be very pleased. He is a gear head and seemed quite excited about what's coming.

I will check back in a few months on this thread when something is confirmed and IWSS is so frustrated that he quits posting his novels.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Europe they are far more educated and europeans keep cars way longer than americans.

Ohai, I'm from Yurop:dm:

You don't say, far more educated? Because they have to. The market offering is completely different, SIGNIFICANTLY more expensive ESPECIALLY when considered to their income and overall purchasing power.

Keep cars longer than Americans? Again, you don't say. I'd actually call that being stuck with a car longer.

Sorry budy, but those two things right there that you listed ... I'm not so sure I'd wanna see the reasons behind them over here.

Americans are definitely more brand-conscious than Europeans. A lot of marketing researchers will tell you.

Sorry but no. At best, both are. Americans are a lot more likely to make a no-name (think Fruit of the Loom t-shirts vs Dolce) budget purchase than a European. It may be that my perspective is slightly skewed, but everywhere I turn in Europe, everyone talks about brands and are brand conscious. That's because products are more expensive so the mentality is "if I buy something, I'm going to buy brand name and expensive to last me". To a European, expensive equals higher quality. That's one of the glaring social differences that hit me smack in the face when I moved here.

Teach her to drive stick fast! My ploy to get the misses into stick cars...she wants a convertible and i require her to have AWD. Used Audi TT only came in stick, and its a perfect car for what she needs.

Yeah, that's my dating criteria. Boobs, who cares? Does she drive a stick?

I guess there is nothing much known besides the spec C in Germany and the 330S in Europe... Both of which are pipe dreams to us here in the states!

Must be a matter of weeks if not days until they start landing here in NZ.

JDM LGT B Specs...

JDM STI's.....etc etc

PS WTF is this 'stick' nonsense???

Cars come in two transmissions,Auto or MANUAL. ;)

Guest heightsgtltd
Yeah, that's my dating criteria. Boobs, who cares? Does she drive a stick?

So if boobs are unimportant, you'd be happy with a guy who can drive stick? :lol:

Sorry but no. At best, both are. Americans are a lot more likely to make a no-name (think Fruit of the Loom t-shirts vs Dolce) budget purchase than a European. It may be that my perspective is slightly skewed, but everywhere I turn in Europe, everyone talks about brands and are brand conscious. That's because products are more expensive so the mentality is "if I buy something, I'm going to buy brand name and expensive to last me". To a European, expensive equals higher quality. That's one of the glaring social differences that hit me smack in the face when I moved here.

Well, I am currently in Europe and have lived in europe for 11 years and 11 years in Canada/US. I prefer girls to wear dolce rather than fruit of the loom. At least dolce can make a hog look a little bit better. People here actually care about how they look, its more pleasing to the eye rather than seeing fruit of the loom slobs. I cant wait for Alpha Romeos to be sold in the US/Canada. They are practical, fffinnng sexy, and sound amazing. Expensive doesnt always equal quality, but I have had about 6 pairs of expensive italian shoes that are still in great shape and just have had their heals replaced. They have lasted for like 5 years. All the "great amazing quality" american shoes have fallen apart. Anyone can put best quality labels on their products. Take a look at Natural ice/lite, Miller Lite, Coors Lite and all that other beer based water crap. Anyways, just a disorganized calm rant.... Oh and an new STI sedan would be very attractive if they made it actually better than the 09 WRX lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived