LegacyGT.com

2010 Impreza STi

sportwagon

Now that the 2010 LGT is revealed (and pretty much a disapointing car to most people on this website)...

What is the deal with the 2010 WRX STi... ????

Are the specs released yet? Did it get a much needed bump in performance to differentiate it from the 09 WRX?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still waiting....

i'm guessing they will need (at the very least) to bump up the stock power and tq now that they bumped the 09 WRX and 10 LGT. and to really compete, they need to be about 350+ hp/tq. 305 is just not that impressive anymore.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Now that the 2010 LGT is revealed (and pretty much a disapointing car to most people on this website)...

What is the deal with the 2010 WRX STi... ????

Are the specs released yet? Did it get a much needed bump in performance to differentiate it from the 09 WRX?

I am just curious as to why you would think that the 2010 LGT is a dissapointment? I mean from what I have read I think it is going to be a much better version atleast in the gt...I mean the car is gaining in HP, a standard 6sp manual tranny, which ,makes me think they are taking the one from the sti, much like in the spec B...And quicker boost response due to the new turbo placement....The only thing that hasn't completely grown on me yet is the head lights...but I am sure it will just take a matter of time for that to grow on me...I just don't see how it can be a let down when they did soo much to make it a more impressive sport sedan

I am just curious as to why you would think that the 2010 LGT is a dissapointment? I mean from what I have read I think it is going to be a much better version atleast in the gt...I mean the car is gaining in HP, a standard 6sp manual tranny, which ,makes me think they are taking the one from the sti, much like in the spec B...And quicker boost response due to the new turbo placement....The only thing that hasn't completely grown on me yet is the head lights...but I am sure it will just take a matter of time for that to grow on me...I just don't see how it can be a let down when they did soo much to make it a more impressive sport sedan

Exterior styling is pretty :S Its all subjective, but dang... I think its pretty bad.

Interior styling is pretty :S as well IMO, not to say it isnt nicer, but it doesnt look as sharp as the current LGT's IMO.

I'm thrilled they've finally listened to us with a power increase and the 6 speed tranny, but its got some serious styling issues.

Finally... I'm personally a HUGE fan of our pillarless doors. I like being able to roll down my window, open the door, and wave my hand across the door cause I'm busting out my jedi moves. lol But really, I like the pillarless doors a lot.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I'm personally not too let down... as you can see, I said that most people seem to think it a bit disappointing! :cool:

I like the things you mentioned... not so much that the side mirrors are not folding (minor but lame nonetheless), the guages aren't electroluminescent anymore, the ass-end of the car is lame... I need to see it in person before I'll know for sure though!

http://www.scoobyblog.com/uploads/2008/06/imprezacoupe_2010_small.jpg

Fugly.

Subaru, for SHAME, for shaaaame.

I cant believe their design team for this next gen.

Damn that's hoooooot......

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Have you seen the car ?/ It looks like a Nissan Altima honestly I think everone can agree with that statment. Its not that we are let down by what under the hood but more with the fact that it doesnt look like a Subaru minus the badge. at least the last generation you still felt it was a subbie now I feel that its a Hondayotasan geared at selling more units

Have you seen the car ?/ It looks like a Nissan Altima honestly I think everone can agree with that statment. Its not that we are let down by what under the hood but more with the fact that it doesnt look like a Subaru minus the badge. at least the last generation you still felt it was a subbie now I feel that its a Hondayotasan geared at selling more units

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/018_legacy_nyc.jpg

I think once you see it with the hood scoop when you know that it is functional you can tell it is alot more the subaru...of course it is geared to sell more units...I mean that is the whole point of making a car...to make money...thus why they increased the wheel base and created more interior room.

Personally the styling I am sure is something that people will just get used to...much like the new style of the sti...an acquired taste...But to me what really maked this car stand out is what is under the hood....Turbo, awd, subaru reliability and safety...I dunno...but off the top of my head I can't think of a nissan toyota or honda in the price range that brings the same level of power performance and utility...

ohh and on a side not...I bet if you painted the front lights black...on a black car....hmm I think this car would be pure sex...at to it that I can get it with leather heated seats and a sunroof...it is alot more attractive to me now...I was really looking at the sti...but this seems to be a great alternative

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/04/018_legacy_nyc.jpg

I think once you see it with the hood scoop when you know that it is functional you can tell it is alot more the subaru...of course it is geared to sell more units...I mean that is the whole point of making a car...to make money...thus why they increased the wheel base and created more interior room.

Personally the styling I am sure is something that people will just get used to...much like the new style of the sti...an acquired taste...But to me what really maked this car stand out is what is under the hood....Turbo, awd, subaru reliability and safety...I dunno...but off the top of my head I can't think of a nissan toyota or honda in the price range that brings the same level of power performance and utility...

ohh and on a side not...I bet if you painted the front lights black...on a black car....hmm I think this car would be pure sex...at to it that I can get it with leather heated seats and a sunroof...it is alot more attractive to me now...I was really looking at the sti...but this seems to be a great alternative

It's just about as ugly as the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO, and almost 100 hp short. Ford FTW?!? :eek: They are onto something with the turbo 6 cylinder . . . will the H6 answer the call?

As for the STi, I'll reserve comment for the actual photos.

It's just about as ugly as the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO, and almost 100 hp short. Ford FTW?!? :eek: They are onto something with the turbo 6 cylinder . . . will the H6 answer the call?

As for the STi, I'll reserve comment for the actual photos.

Seriously? That Ford is a BOAT! The power to weight ratio is way in the legacy's favor.

http://www.scoobyblog.com/uploads/2008/06/imprezacoupe_2010_small.jpg

Fugly.

Subaru, for SHAME, for shaaaame.

I cant believe their design team for this next gen.

:repost:X 1,000,000

You should be banned for posting that horrendous chop!!!

Seriously? That Ford is a BOAT! The power to weight ratio is way in the legacy's favor.

Hate to break it to you, but you're grossly mistaken:

2010 LGT ~3600lbs / 265hp = 13.58 lb/hp

2010 Taurus SHO ~4200lbs / 365hp = 11.51 lb/hp

I don't really think the SHO should be compared to the Legacy GT...I mean it is priced at what...around 38,000, and that is just for the base without options.....that is like a full 10k more than the LGT...Plus from what I have read (and it is limited so sorry if I am wrong) but I saw that it only comes with a paddle shift automatic....I may be old fashioned but I would prefer a 6sp anyday....

If I was looking to spend that kinda money...I sure as heck wouldn't buy a Ford...I would rather go for the BMW 335Xi...but that is just my .02

Hate to break it to you, but you're grossly mistaken:

2010 LGT ~3600lbs / 265hp = 13.58 lb/hp

2010 Taurus SHO ~4200lbs / 365hp = 11.51 lb/hp

Really? I haven't looked in a while. I thought the SHO was much heavier than that. I stand corrected.

I don't really think the SHO should be compared to the Legacy GT...I mean it is priced at what...around 38,000, and that is just for the base without options.....that is like a full 10k more than the LGT...Plus from what I have read (and it is limited so sorry if I am wrong) but I saw that it only comes with a paddle shift automatic....I may be old fashioned but I would prefer a 6sp anyday....

If I was looking to spend that kinda money...I sure as heck wouldn't buy a Ford...I would rather go for the BMW 335Xi...but that is just my .02

Considering the position Ford is in, you'll be able to roll into the dealership and scoop up one of these for under 35K with awesome financing. The 335Xi starts at over 42K . . . and don't expect a deal. I'm most certainly no Ford fan, as every Ford either I or my parents have ever owned sucked for reliability. I most likely would never spend money on another Ford, but you must admit, the specs on the Taurus SHO are pretty intriguing. I'm hoping it spurs Subaru into giving the Leggy some more balls.

Archived