LegacyGT.com

buying a house, need help deciding between 2 houses.

collegemt

difference in tax of $600 is negligible. i wouldnt even consider it a factor. taxes are dirt cheap on both.

Bingo! $600 is chump change in taxes....cheap taxes, BTW...it would be 3x that here....#1....that place is sweet!

Rehab is for quitters.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you do not mind me asking, what are the asking prices on both houses. Square footage? Acreage? That would help my decision.

What I do know is that in the Northern Va area they would be 500,000+

I need to move to denver :)

Anyone?

If you do not mind me asking, what are the asking prices on both houses. Square footage? Acreage? That would help my decision.

What I do know is that in the Northern Va area they would be 500,000+

I need to move to denver :)

If you click on both of the links from the first post you would see how much they are. 399K and 369K. :)

I would definitely go for house number 2....

Bigger and it's not that old at all, repairs will be minimum if any along the years...

Every time I see this I feel disgusted, the same house size and quality here would cost over 1M....

Oh my....

Good luck deciding pal. And make sure you update the thread with pics after you move in...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Slight thread hijack:

What's the assessed value of the place? Seems like anything in this area with an assessed value of 300k or more is near or above 10k a year for local and state taxes. Are we really getting bent over that much on taxes??

the house was valued at $605.000 at the time of purchase

So I made a offer on house number 2.

List price is: 399k.

I offered 385k and was going to have them cover closing costs. I was willing to pay the $7k earnest money and was willing to do a 2 week close since the house is vacant and they ahve moved to the east coast.

They countered my offer with:

399k and they would cover the closing costs.

I refused their offer and let them know my first offer is the best i will do. I actually wanted to offer 375-380k, but my realtor persuaded me otherwise.

So unless they take my 1st offer in the nest couple of days and I am going to move on. I will be looking at a few more houses this weekend, if nothing else catches my eye I will make a offer on the 1t house.

Thanks for all the input guys,

Adam

Good for you. This is not 2006. The sellers will call you back, when they do offer them less. Screw them. This is not the best economic time 2b selling. Some people have serious balls!
Rehab is for quitters.

If you click on both of the links from the first post you would see how much they are. 399K and 369K. :)

Whoops I should have clicked on the links.

Yes, I should move to Denver, I simply love snowboarding.

Good luch negotiating on house 2, it is awesome.

What do you and your wife do for a living if u dont mind me asking?

Adam,

You're doing yourself good by your willingness to move on. It was hard for me to convince my wife to move on from houses as she kept getting attached to em'. I wish I waited until now to buy a house, only b/c we can get a lot more house then 1 year ago (today actually). House 2 does look awesome though ;)

Christian

House #2, the value of privacy and a cul de sac is worth it especially with kids. Factor in the nice yard, great deck and that great room. Do the updates after you moved in for awhile if they are needed, great looking house....Good Luck.

House 2 because of the bigger garage...but depending where each of the houses are I would be swayed by that as well say if one is in Parker v. Littleton I would chose Littleton cuz its closer to the city w/ probably better local restaurants etc.

Our counter offer was accepted on house number 2. I had to come up in my price 5k but I think it is worth it. We will close on the house April 28th.

I can't wait to move in and start using the garage and everything else.

Thanks again,

Adam

House #2 is far better IMO (cul-de-sac, etc) + I like working on stuff. Those 3-car arages are to die for! Man. I gotta get TF outta NYC. My house is half that size and twice as much $$$!!! =( Anywho, anything with an HOA, run for the effin hills. In the end, I say neither. Find another house like #2 with no HOA. Heed my words...
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Archived