LegacyGT.com

PNW EVENT Calendar: WA and OR

AKLGT

Hop over to Bend if you want more snow. This is 24 hours of snow two days ago.

And the new Cloudchaser lift opened at Mt Bachelor yesterday. My wife and I had to be first day riders!

So jealous. I can't wait to make it over to Bachelor this season! I've been so busy, how'd your Legacy handle in the deep snowy conditions?

So jealous. I can't wait to make it over to Bachelor this season! I've been so busy, how'd your Legacy handle in the deep snowy conditions?

I don't know, it has summer tires. I take the Ram up to the mountains. Just in case some fool comes sliding across the centerline at 60mph I know who will be walking away fine....and a pic of Christmas Eve 2014...and this morning here's the web cam from the Sunrise Lodge of Broken Top and the Sisters at 7:42 AM. The skiing today was great. Another dump of powder expected tonight and Saturday. The skiing Saturday and Sunday should be epic!

857340608_TruckDodgeRam.jpg.ff4b621e9e536243620e0b3ff356f0cb.jpg

2016485102_ChristmasEve2014001sm.jpg.3d64df9c6acb24d8cc036abe45788422.jpg

629491650_sistersbrokentopsunrisebase12-22-16AM.thumb.jpg.2ae680b4781485630df8950c3dfad898.jpg

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

March 4, 2017 - Rallycross @ Riverdale Raceway , Toutle, WA

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2017-rallycross-kickoff-race-riverdale-raceway-north-west-rally-association-388261

RallyCross is racing on a non-paved plot of land where the course is marked by cones. Without major obstacles such as trees, you can race without the extensive safety equipment needed in Performance Rally. RallyX is accessible and affordable, making it the perfect entry level race series for anyone looking to get into racing.

April 1, 2017.

"NO FOOLS DAY"

This will be an "Lapping Day"

TRACK IS HOT, Time to sign up for ACCO Track Day!

START YOUR ENGINES - OREGON RACEWAY PARK IS WAITING FOR YOU.

45 drivers min.

The Autocross Club of Central Oregon is hosting a "Open Track Day" at Oregon Raceway Park on April 1.

Participants can expect "Four" sessions. This schedule may vary based on number of entries.

Entry fee is $140- Pre Registration is required.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/acco-no-fools-day-oregon-raceway-park-autocross-club-of-central-000127

If minimum of 45 is not reached by 3/25/2017, event will be canceled and refunds issued.

This is not a race, this event is a driver instruction day for drivers to stretch their legs on a race track.

Contacts

Jack Gassaway

Info@autoxclub.org

541-350-5458

Tech Rules: http://autoxclub.org/Web_1/2013_Racing/TrackDay_ORP/Entry_Tech_orp.pdf

ACCO Rules: http://autoxclub.org/Web_1/2013_Racing/TrackDay_ORP/TrackDay_Inspect.pdf

ORP Track Rules:http://autoxclub.org/Web_1/2013_Racing/TrackDay_ORP/ORP%20Park%20Rules.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

These may be interest to NW gear heads. The best part is they are free to attend, but you have to register:

Northwest Machine Tool Conference

April 12 and 13, 2017

Oregon Convention Center, Portland, OR

http://www.mtenw.machinetoolexpos.com/conference

AmCon Design & Contract Manufacturing Expo Seattle

April 11-12, 2017

Meydenbauer Center – Hall A & B

Bellevue, WA

http://amconshows.com/spring-shows/seattle-wa/

PCA Driver Skills this Saturday at Bremerton. If you've never come out for the day, you're missing the fun.

The next PCA/PNWR Driver Skills of 2017 is Saturday, March 11 at Bremerton Motorsports Park. We need a few more volunteer course engineers and station directors to help run the event.

If you haven’t volunteered at Driver Skills before, it’s a very fun and rewarding way to give back to the club and help your fellow drivers. If you aren’t familiar with the program, Driver Skills is full day car control clinic. Many of our participants are first timers so the learning and fun factors are huge and great fun to see. Full details about the class can be found on the PNWR website under At the Track.

All volunteers and instructors receive a free hot lunch (BBQ this time) and as much time on the afternoon road course (we combine course segments into an autocross) as you can handle. To our hearty regulars: We’d love to see you again, come on back!

Beyond the lunch and free track time, you'll also receive the appreciation of all students and instructors. The success of these events is due to the strength of our volunteer and instructor corps - come be part of it!

Volunteers are expected to be at the track by 8:00a and stay until the main segments are complete around 3:30p. After that, volunteers have access to the open road course we set up and can run till we end the event. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us directly at the emails listed below.

If you can help, please sign up now at http://msreg.com/DSMar2017

As always, a huge thanks in advance for your commitment and effort!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/images/Champ_Photos/mark2016.jpg

The Redline Time Attack is coming to Oregon Raceway Park June 10-11 2017 !

Don't want to risk your car in wheel to wheel <Crunch> racing, but you're maxed out on HPDE and want to compete? Here's your chance!

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/images/Cody.jpg

There are race classes from Novice to Pro, including Street Class. $160 registration.

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/images/Champ_Photos/Dame2016.jpg

Shralp and Boxkita, the track is calling you!

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/

I wonder if I could enter in the enthusiast class or if I'd have to bump up to the street class, will have to dig into the fine print. Hmmm, looked at the fine print further. Looks like I might not be able to enter in the Enthusiast class. "Engine must be OEM for particular make and model" Guess that rules me out running forged pistons and upgraded (stock sized) valves and springs? I know they are trying to restrict engine swapped cars but...

Oh wait further down is says: 16-1.9 The OEM block must be utilized. Engine may be rebuilt using OEM parts with a maximum .050” over bore. Pistons matching OEM specifications may be used. So maybe I can run in this class :)

Ah hell! - 16-5.1 "The full interior is required. All related components must be installed and functional as delivered by the manufacturer." Bummer, I'm not putting the back seat and all the belts back into my car, not even for this one event :( Guess I would have to move up to street class which means my lack of aero would knock me out of any contention. Still would be fun to run the event though!

Edited by shralp

I wonder if I could enter in the enthusiast class or if I'd have to bump up to the street class, will have to dig into the fine print. Hmmm, looked at the fine print further. Looks like I might not be able to enter in the Enthusiast class. "Engine must be OEM for particular make and model" Guess that rules me out running forged pistons and upgraded (stock sized) valves and springs? I know they are trying to restrict engine swapped cars but...

Oh wait further down is says: 16-1.9 The OEM block must be utilized. Engine may be rebuilt using OEM parts with a maximum .050” over bore. Pistons matching OEM specifications may be used. So maybe I can run in this class :)

Ah hell! - 16-5.1 "The full interior is required. All related components must be installed and functional as delivered by the manufacturer." Bummer, I'm not putting the back seat and all the belts back into my car, not even for this one event :( Guess I would have to move up to street class which means my lack of aero would knock me out of any contention. Still would be fun to run the event though!

Fun? Hell yes! Imagine the videos you can make. Just getting up close to all the TA cars will be very cool. And figure you do have a heck of an advantage, most of these Cali racers have never been to ORP, you'll know the track way better than them.

I'll be in the Modified class if I buy a chewed up used center console on eBay and put it in. Otherwise I meet the rules. Except that in Modified I'll be up against 500-600 HP engines! Oh well, my car is not built for TA but I'm still going to do it.

Hmm, is there a certification for the fuel cell on the wagon?

14.13.2 Entrant must possess proof of fuel cell certification. A copy of certification must be provided the first time

a vehicle is resented at RTA Tech. The copy will be placed in the Competitors RTA file.

Fuel cells become obsolete five years after date of manufacture and must be replaced. The fuel cell may be

inspected and recertified by the manufacturer for an additional five years.

street class allows unlimited rear wing height as long as its not more than 5 inches beyond end of car (guess no wagons have been run to get this rule fixed?)

Looks like race wagon can run in the modified class with unlimited/active aero. :-)

Yeah Gator would be a fun day either for sure, I'll most likely do it. At least the HPDE/test and tune on Saturday. The price is cheep! Surgeline is backed up with projects so my 6 speed swap will be another 10 days or so but then I'm (hopefully) good to go for the season.

Hmm, is there a certification for the fuel cell on the wagon?

street class allows unlimited rear wing height as long as its not more than 5 inches beyond end of car (guess no wagons have been run to get this rule fixed?)

Looks like race wagon can run in the modified class with unlimited/active aero. :-)

Yes, it's less than 5 years old (2014). I replaced it when I had Cobb Surgeline go thru the car. The certification should be on the bladder, but it's hell to get to it. I have Silver Eagle's NASA Log book and Tech Inspection form which also have the fuel cell date, and the I/O Port purchase receipt for the new bladder, I'll mail it all to you.

Modified has unlimited engines and aero. I don't expect to be even close to being competitive. Mark Jager in the Yimisport car (Top Pic above) has 800 HP! But I'm going to be there anyway:

1) For the fun of it!

2) Scope out the TA cars and see if there's anything I can use in Conference racing and particularly Thill 25 NASA ST3. These TA push the envelope like no one else in racing, it's just that a lot of it won't work in wheel to wheel and especially Enduros. There's no way an 800 HP STI would last for 6-8-12-25 hours. Heck a one hour race is as much track time as they see in an entire season. But I'm sure I can learn a few things!

3) Network with these folks for anyone interested in taking a team to Thill25. A driver like Jager would be a great driver for Qualifying. These guys live for the one flying lap.

Check out Mark's 2016 end of year compilation video to see what we're up against:

http://www.jagerracing.net

Jager Racing Yimi Sport Tuning Time Attack Subaru STI

2016 Year end recap

And I'm sure Shralp can make a better video for us!

Edited by Sgt.Gator

Still mulling around a documentary on your Thunderhill attempt if you guys end up putting it together...

Not going to happen in 2017 unless I get on someone else's team. Reset for 2018.

I'm thinking of racing the Spec B in the Enthusiast Class at the Redline Time Attack.....