LegacyGT.com

PNW EVENT Calendar: WA and OR

AKLGT

Free ride in a race car? next thing you'll be wanting to fix your wagon to "go faster" on the race track.

It's a "free" ride in a race car. With donation.

The details were lacking, so I have no idea what that actually entails. I'd be more interested in the paced lap, though. I wonder if they'd let my wife and kids in the car since it's paced. It'd be fun.

It's a "free" ride in a race car. With donation.

The details were lacking, so I have no idea what that actually entails. I'd be more interested in the paced lap, though. I wonder if they'd let my wife and kids in the car since it's paced. It'd be fun.

just sign their lives away!

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Barring unforeseen drama, I will definitely be at Pacific Raceways Fri-Sat-Sun May 13-15. If anyone in the Seattle metro wants to buy my old Cobb axle back dual exhaust let me know to bring it up there.

Sale Thread; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wa-cobb-prototype-dual-axle-back-exhaust-252128.html

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• 1 month later...

Racing in Spokane this weekend at Spokane County Raceway. Friday and Saturday. There are races Sunday too but I'll be driving home Sunday. The new STI race car will be racing the Enduros on Friday and Saturday afternoon and the ST classes earlier in the day.

The schedule: http://www.icscc.com/2016/announce/nwms_june_annc.pdf

I'll also be at the Big NW Subaru event at PIR on Saturday, June 25th.

Has Boxkitty taken delivery of the Silver Eagle?

Oh heck yes! I left it for him at Pacific Raceways the day it broke. I have a bunch of stuff for him to collect, I hope he can come to the Big NW meet so I can get rid of it. Otherwise it's going up on the member's for sale soon.

Oh heck yes! I left it for him at Pacific Raceways the day it broke. I have a bunch of stuff for him to collect, I hope he can come to the Big NW meet so I can get rid of it. Otherwise it's going up on the member's for sale soon.

I'll be at the Big NW meet. Bringing a big truck and a hoist. It was hard pushing the SE into the trailer by hand.

• 1 month later...

I'll be at PIR this Friday-Sunday crewing on two Factory Five Subaru donor 818Rs. One of the teams is Retro Racing who I'm going with THunderhill 25 hour race in December. If you're curious to see these cars up close they will both be paddocked together.

The Retro Racing Thill 25 car:

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=57284&d=1470687726

Well we found some weak points in both cars. One 818 we couldn't get to run right at all. He could rev to 8K in the pits, but under load on track it wouldn't go over 4K and ran super rich. And the really odd thing, he just came off the dyno in Seattle where they just finished up tuning it!

The 103 degree air temp made working on the hot engines almost unbearable. We tried but failed to find the problem. So he packed up and headed home, but first he loaned his alternator to the above pictured 818 of Retro Racing. That car had a lightweight Powermaster alternator but it wasn't doing the job. So we swapped the alt over. Retro will stop by Seattle on the way back to Vancouver BC and return it Sunday.

Today Retro is only racing in the Enduro late in the afternoon. <Last Race of the day>. We'll spend the morning getting me up to speed on the build so I can be useful at Thunderhill 25.

Since he's only racing today I'll be heading home tonight. Two 100+ days is plenty!