LegacyGT.com

2.5i intake solution

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the feedback & walk-through!

Has anyone had their warranties voided for placing a CAI? Just curious--need to balance pro's & con's, & that would be a pretty big con. :(

I went to the dealership for a oil change and they didnt say anything to me about it so i think its ok because its a easy mod to put back to stock.

I will get one up as soon as I get the car running I just put in the grimmspeed spacers and I am putting it all back together so ill post up a clip soon.

you might need to trim up the cia i had to cut about a 1inch with the spacer it will hit the fire wall but well worth it.

I put the X02's on today, they dont sound too bad with the stock setup, its not too drony and it doesn't sound ricey at all, its a deeper sound, but no rumble. I was wondering this though, I see this on Rallitek's site, they make this system for the 08+ 2.5i impreza, is it compatible with the legacy?

http://www.rallitek.com/08catwmusy.html

• 3 weeks later...
I guess the ECU finally got used to it?

Now that you're used to the Cosmo intake, Have you ever gone back to stock do to a comparison?

I have gone back to stock and i have to say the car didnt seem the same once you hit 3500 rpm it just opens up with the intake on and at stock is just seems slower unless its just me thinking the intake is makeing it seem faster. I would say the intake is helping but i have to proof im looking into getting my car a custom tune so if i can find a dyno in my area i will dyno it with the stock set up and with the intake.

I have gone back to stock and i have to say the car didnt seem the same once you hit 3500 rpm it just opens up with the intake on and at stock is just seems slower unless its just me thinking the intake is makeing it seem faster. I would say the intake is helping but i have to proof im looking into getting my car a custom tune so if i can find a dyno in my area i will dyno it with the stock set up and with the intake.

dont you have the sri

no but i can tell its like night and day. 4000-5800 rpm its a hole new car.

and i would have to take off the TB spacer and i just to lazy now lol

Hmm, why would you have to take the TB spacer off, I dont get it lol, though I'm using one right now. Are you using a TB spacer with the CAI right now?

Also interested in how the SRI compares to the CAI, Lagbot.

Hmm, why would you have to take the TB spacer off, I dont get it lol, though I'm using one right now. Are you using a TB spacer with the CAI right now?

the tb spacer is about 1 inch wide so i would asume that it would not fit because it would push out the big black box. i could be wrong though.

Oh haha. I'm using the Group A TB spacer on my stock airbox. There's 2 mounting points that secures the big black box, only 1 of the mounting point fits, the other is pushed too far. It's still secure though.

Oh haha. I'm using the Group A TB spacer on my stock airbox. There's 2 mounting points that secures the big black box, only 1 of the mounting point fits, the other is pushed too far. It's still secure though.

thats the same one i have. i just thought the stock intake wasnt going to fit owell

The SRI seems to help more with throttle response kinda dies for a second at around 80mph and the picks back up. And the CAI it seemed to pull hard all the time. Other than that i have nothing but i hope that helps.

The SRI seems to help more with throttle response kinda dies for a second at around 80mph and the picks back up. And the CAI it seemed to pull hard all the time. Other than that i have nothing but i hope that helps.

i took my cai and took the lower pipe off and drove around seemed nice but the cai is great.

Archived