LegacyGT.com

2.5i intake solution

didnt even realize i was in caps, sh*t! it did pull the 171 code though. im going back through and redoing all connections with new clamps/connectors and fidgeting with it all. (hope this works)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SO i just bought an 09 today and am taking delivery tomorrow. I am switching from a 2.5 RS sport impreza to this. Hopefully you guys have a resolve on the intake, because i have that setup on my impreza and its fantastic, and i dont wanna lose it in the leggy.

how does this differ than unpluggin the terminals of the battery for 30 mins and letting the brain reset itself?

You don't have to wait 30 minutes when doing that. Just disconnect the negative terminal, go back in your car, pump the brakes a few times, and you can reconnect the battery. It just drains the leftover charge out of the system by trying to use the brake lights. Otherwise youre just waiting 30 minutes. I don't suggest doing it all time. But if the CEL comes back on and you just can't stand it, it'll buy you some time. Until it comes on again.

KAT, am i killing my virgin engine w 32K on it?!

there's also some more info about CAIs on nasioc here

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471819

but overall i don't think you'll be doing any serious "damage" per se, could always get a flash tune to adjust the AFR i would think, never done it myself though maybe someone else can chime in on this? i'm not actually that familiar with CAIs

whats up all! i am a new and proud owner of an 09 2.5i SE

i just went ahead and did a K&N drop in panel filter

noticed slight grumble when i rev up and definitely

better gas mileage!! =)

sure beats my 02 lancer oz rally that dynoed 308 WHP lol

and was just thirsty for gas

i do miss boosting.....

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

lol nice tocinoman... (any relation to cino up there? haha)

K&N drop in filter... that's just that paneled filter you stick in there right?

Anyway back on topic, I read some BMW threads and threads on other cars about cosmoracing intakes, and for the most part, everyone has good things to say about them. Apparently there's a ripoff brand on ebay called "COSMO intake" as opposed to Cosmoracing's legit intake, and that one causes problems.

I haven't run into a single instance of the Cosmoracing intake causing CEL problems.

I will probably drop one in as soon as my warranty expires.

I just reread the thread... considering all the confusion in the beginning about which product was the correct one for the 07 model, it may have been true that the incorrect item was purchased.

cino have you had any contact with cosmoracing about the CAI since the purchase of the product?

Sorry Lagbot, another question.

I've been reading this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415561&page=4

about running rich in low RPM's/idle due to how the CEL reads the air...

Even though they don't say that it throws a CEL or anything, they say that it causes problems for the engine at low RPM's.

Do you feel anything different when you are idling/under 1500RPMs?

Is it the gentle purr of a kitten like it is when it is stock?

ok my car is the 4 speed auto....bc im the only one in my house that can drive stick so everyone in my house wanted me to have a car they would drive if they ever needed to....the car has a slight purr at lower rpms not much louder than stock untill you get into the higher rpms.....and as far as me being lucky just for kick i put my car back to stock and took it to my local subaru dealer and said my check engine light has been comeing and going as it pleases and after they took my car in they told me my sensor was broken.....so i they are going to replace it so i am going to see what happends after they replace it.

I have a 4 speed auto as well no shame in it, I got my 2.5i for a really good price so i took what i could get, let me know if the sensor becomes an issue with the intake because i also want to do this as well

ok my car is the 4 speed auto....bc im the only one in my house that can drive stick so everyone in my house wanted me to have a car they would drive if they ever needed to....the car has a slight purr at lower rpms not much louder than stock untill you get into the higher rpms.....and as far as me being lucky just for kick i put my car back to stock and took it to my local subaru dealer and said my check engine light has been comeing and going as it pleases and after they took my car in they told me my sensor was broken.....so i they are going to replace it so i am going to see what happends after they replace it.

LOL!! Wait lemme get this straight... so you told them that your CEL light has been coming on (when it hasn't) and they told you that it was because your sensor was broken (when it isn't) and they're going to replace it??

That's hilarious!!! :lol:

yeah, i read the BMW threads too. im pretty sure i got the legit one, and they have ALWAYS responded to me PROMPTLY and COURTEOUSLY. so thus far, im trying to play legit, and have yet found any reason not to. but im trying!!!

i wonder if there is a significant difference in the construction between the 07 and 08/09 model

a change in the degree of one of the bends could throw it all off

theres DEF is a difference between the 07 and 08/09 model years as far as this CAI is concerned, before i ordered, i brought this very issue up to them. they had me take photos of my engine bay and then they replied that the 07 is CORRECT for mine and not what LAG has! but again, they have been very prompt with any and all questiosn thus far, so they have been legit, even sending me back my own photos with markings to check. i just hope its a minor slip on one of the clamps or something! ive changed this muther around 2 or 3 tims already and still get the CEL!:spin:

LOL!! Wait lemme get this straight... so you told them that your CEL light has been coming on (when it hasn't) and they told you that it was because your sensor was broken (when it isn't) and they're going to replace it??

That's hilarious!!! :lol:

isnt it lol....ok so the update is i just got my car and they replaced the "broken" sensor and they did the reflash and as of this moment my car is still stock and it drives better.....it seems the car wants to go now unlike it used to lol....in about 2 or 3 days im gonna put the intake back on for round 2 lol and see what happends

isnt it lol....ok so the update is i just got my car and they replaced the "broken" sensor and they did the reflash and as of this moment my car is still stock and it drives better.....it seems the car wants to go now unlike it used to lol....in about 2 or 3 days im gonna put the intake back on for round 2 lol and see what happends

Are you saying the reflash did something good to your engine?

Archived