LegacyGT.com

2.5i intake solution

Nice work on the product development man. I had no idea 06+ 2.5i's had that extra vacuum line, my 05 only has one so the Injen intake fits right on, but this looks like a better option for 06+ instead of going thorough the hassle of getting t-connectors for vacuum lines and whatnot.

Keep us posted on how you like the intake, or if any issues come up like a CEL or something.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the white clip was there and there was a small curved hose connected to it. and i just got rid of the small hose and used the vac hose that came with it and just connected it on and thats it

I might be missing something here, but how many vacuum lines do have connected to the intake? I see one from the crankcase on the drivers side, but what about the one from the passengers side? Plus the line with the white connector, should be a total of three correct?

the blue vac line came with it. it was 1 long piece that u need to cut into 2. the 3rd place on the intake for a vac line to connect to is on the under side of the intake. i will take a pic of where its at i should have it up tomorrow or the next day.

the blue vac line came with it. it was 1 long piece that u need to cut into 2. the 3rd place on the intake for a vac line to connect to is on the under side of the intake. i will take a pic of where its at i should have it up tomorrow or the next day.

Ok I understand now, although the pic would be helpful :)

the intake is working great no cel at all. and i would say yes performance is there you feel it around 3k and it just feels like the car opens up its very nice i must say. and also i am off work tomorrow so i will have the pic where the 3rd vac hose goes and and a sound clip or two.

I am mad confused... This thread is located under technical -> Naturally Aspirated Powertrains right?

When I click on it I don't see this thread listed, I only see "08 2.5i legacy parts!!!!" and " 2008 2.5i factory reflash!!!"... So the only way I found this thread again was to search for "lagbot" LOL

Is it just me or is that the case for everyone else too...

Anyway, lagbot how was the installation? Worth it??

I am mad confused... This thread is located under technical -> Naturally Aspirated Powertrains right?

When I click on it I don't see this thread listed, I only see "08 2.5i legacy parts!!!!" and " 2008 2.5i factory reflash!!!"... So the only way I found this thread again was to search for "lagbot" LOL

Is it just me or is that the case for everyone else too...

Anyway, lagbot how was the installation? Worth it??

Go to the bottom of the N/A forum and look for display options. Select search from the beginning. It will show you all the threads ever started in the N/A forum.

Yeahh lag, I'm still looking out for that pic! :p Honestly though, if we can get an accessport from Rallitek, I'm all in for the cold air intake. I tried the injen intake for awhile and it just didn't cut it for me. Sounded awesome, but that was about all. I went back to stock. I'm sure with a tune, the CAI would be an awesome mod.

Go to the bottom of the N/A forum and look for display options. Select search from the beginning. It will show you all the threads ever started in the N/A forum.

You can also change it in your settings. Go to the link below:

http://legacygt.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to: "Default Thread Age Cut Off" and change the drop down box to: "Show all threads" and click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom.

i pulled the trigger on the 07 model mostly in part from your reviews and possible solution to the T bracket addition. ok, so the drastic cost difference certainly greased to tracks as well. i too will post info once product arrives and is installed. thanks OP for providing an alternative to the Injen Rd1222!!!!

i pulled the trigger on the 07 model mostly in part from your reviews and possible solution to the T bracket addition. ok, so the drastic cost difference certainly greased to tracks as well. i too will post info once product arrives and is installed. thanks OP for providing an alternative to the Injen Rd1222!!!!

Personally I would go with the 08 model since we know they have the three openings for the vacuum lines. I may be mistaken, but last time I checked they have one for the 05-07, and one for the 08+. The '05 only needs two openings while the '06+ needs three, so obviously the 05 and the 06/07 need to be different. COSMO needs to be corrected.

AH SH*T!!! i better stop payment on this mofo so im not stuck waiting and then resending product for the next 2 months!!! So what Im reading is, that ITS BEST to get the 08 Cosmo EVENTHOUGH i have the 07 2/5i? And now after reading the Nasoic thread Pawl sent me, im really getting post payment jitters! can someone please post info regarding the 08 Cosmo CAI being whats BEST for the 07 2.5i ?

Archived