LegacyGT.com

2.5i intake solution

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=150&pid=1950 <---- this is the link for the 2008 - 2009 legacy 2.5i. they do have more on the site but i think this is the solution to the whole 2.5i not having a intake...i will be spending the money on it once i get paid so we will see where it goes but for now if anyone gets it before i do let me know how it works out.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have seen many posts that have been about the intake and problems coming up with it but i have emailed the company to ask about problems with it and i guess in a day or two i will see what happens and i will post it. But with luck this will help everyone that is looking for a intake.

O man this is great! Here's the story, I bought an intake from these guys last year. It had stated on their website that the intake I purchased was compatible with the 05+ N/A Legacy, so I bought it lol. I didn't do much research. Of course it wasn't compatible, so I eventually returned it. They offered to custom fab. an MAF adapter, which would have worked, but I didn't feel like being the guinea(sp.?) pig.

I wonder... maybe I sparked an interest? $164 is not a bad price for an intake though. Thats what mine was when I bought from them last year.

Just make sure it has enough piping to accomodate the breathing tubes leading from the crankcase. These tubes allow fumes, originating in the crankcase, to enter the intake manifold where they are burned off. Check out where they are now on your stock air box.

Maybe there will be no need for a T-pipe like there is on the Injen intake.

ok here is the update as far as the company goes.....

my email: Well the only other question i have about this intake is. Alot of people who move or remount the MAF throw a code saying that you are running lean has it been tested to see if it has any problems like that one? thanks for your time to answer my questions.

the answer:Thanks for your inquiry. COSMO R intakes has been tested before releasing to market and does not trigger check engine light. We have many happy customers and good reviews and feedbacks from forums. Hope it helps.

so as i said i am sold and i will update with info as i get it and i will post pics once i buy it and install it.

do you know if they ever fixed the problem after your complaint and selling a revised version of the 05-07 intake that you bought from them?

I'm not sure, thats what I am thinking though. I remember him telling me, after I returned my intake, that they were going to be doing some R&D on an intake for the 05+ N/A Legacy, so this must be the result of it.

Well its been installed and i must say......it is great!!!! it has a nice sound and once your over 3000rpm you climb fast. its been about 70 miles with it on and no CEL or rough idle so i think this is a winner i will post up pics and sound clips in a day or two once i have some free time.....anyone that is thinking about buying intakes from these people pull the trigger and do it they are very nice.

Well its been installed and i must say......it is great!!!! it has a nice sound and once your over 3000rpm you climb fast. its been about 70 miles with it on and no CEL or rough idle so i think this is a winner i will post up pics and sound clips in a day or two once i have some free time.....anyone that is thinking about buying intakes from these people pull the trigger and do it they are very nice.

Could you post some pics if possible? Did the intake have enough nipples for all of the vacuum lines?

i am going to post pics up today if its not to dark after work and yes there are enough nipples for all the vac lines no need for a T connection of any kind.....the only thing i suggest is get some new hose clamps for the vac lines.....the stock ones are not that great

100_3098.jpg picture by lagbot3000 - Photobucket

100_3099.jpg picture by lagbot3000 - Photobucket

100_3100.jpg picture by lagbot3000 - Photobucket

100_3101.jpg picture by lagbot3000 - Photobucket

100_3102.jpg picture by lagbot3000 - Photobucket

ok those are some pics i will get some sounds clips up soon but i am on here everyday so if you have any questions pm me or leave a message on here.

Archived