LegacyGT.com

2.5i intake solution

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Lagbot, so have you put the CAI back in yet or are you going to stay with the stock intake system?

I have an 08 2.5i and want to install a CAI this summer. It looks like yours worked fine and it sounds very nice, but I'm still a little worried about CEL problems and I might just go with a better panel filter.

I think I'm going to keep my AVO panel and pick up one of those Zero/Sports intake pipes...

http://www.zerosports.co.jp/shop/images/intake_titan_01.jpg

http://www.zerosports.co.jp/shop/images/ip_bp5na.jpg

I want that titanium one badly... but I'll probably just go with the polished aluminum one.

Link to vendor post: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110457

OH SWEET, thats made specifically for N/A Legacy's? Nice find! Too bad it doesn't replace the throttle body also.

As far as I've been able to tell it's made for the JDM 2.0 but it looks like it's the right shape. Hard to tell from the little pictures, though. I saw it awhile ago and asked EDO about it and they weren't positive it would fit. So at that time I passed. I might give it a try in the next month or two. I want to do some sort of an axle-back exhaust first...

yeah i saw that on EAT motorsports' posting as well, though i'm not sure how it would influence the intake for performance gains. to me it just looks like a nice bling piece. did you get a quote on how much that would be?

edit: reading fails me, the alum piece is $90, ti is $150 (<-- i am corrected by smushybrain, prices are actually $150 for the aluminum, $300 for titanium)

also posted up a shot of the 2.5i engine bay for comparision:

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp181/katalyst112/enginebay.jpg

to me i don't see how it would be that different putting that piece on since the diameter of the pipe is the same, the volume of air traveling through should be the same as well? though it may offer smoother airflow since there aren't any corrugated "bends" that the stock plastic piping has.

^^ Actually if I read EAT Motorsports post right it is $150 for the polished aluminum and $300 for the titanium one. (It looks like the prices are after the pictures for each item.)

Probably not completely worth it... but there aren't many options for us.

I just sent EAT a PM about trying one out... I guess I'll be the guinea pig as long as they'll take it back if it doesn't fit. ;)

dammit, reading fail x 2 for me

haha! but alright, sounds good. if it works out well for you i might give it a whirl too. also EAT reports larger diameter and smoother airflow.

edit: here is a repost from EAT with the diagram from zero/sports

http://www.zerosports.co.jp/shop/images/0413007_1.jpg

Lagbot, so have you put the CAI back in yet or are you going to stay with the stock intake system?

I have an 08 2.5i and want to install a CAI this summer. It looks like yours worked fine and it sounds very nice, but I'm still a little worried about CEL problems and I might just go with a better panel filter.

If i get a chance im gonna put it back on i haven't had any time to do anything lately due to work.....to muck work lol but i will be putting it back on its only a 15min install at the most so i will let u all know once it back on and how everything works and so on

• 1 month later...
Ok i think after all this time i have found the problem causing the check engine light......the filter that comes with it is way over oiled i have been running it with a k&n filter and it worked fine and then went to the filter it come with and it ended up coating the MAF with oil.... Resulting in a check engine light.......also sorry it took so long but it didnt hit me untill a few days ago that i should try it with the stock filter

Nice find, any other complaints or problems?

I think that was the only problem so if anyone does get the intake from them i would suggest to get some filter cleaner and clean the on with comes with and oil it again or get another filter to use with it

I just installed the Cosmo Racing CAI on my 2008 2.5i 5MT Pzev. Only got a chance to test drive about fifteen miles tonight. I had no problems and it runs excellent. I couldn't believe how quick the shipping was, i read this thread on sunday, ordered it that night, and it arrived today. I am psyched

250+ miles on the Cosmo CAI. No CEL, no rough idle, very satisfied :icon_lol:

You feeling any better pick up with the intake on your car...i only ask because i want to see if it just me or not lol

• 3 weeks later...
You feeling any better pick up with the intake on your car...i only ask because i want to see if it just me or not lol

i just did the cosmo cai and throttle body spacer dam what a differnets drive it around the block very nice.pick up seems fast and there is a nice little kick in the higher rpms. love it tomorrow will be the test 64 miles to and from work. will let you now how it go's

Well i sold my CAI to my friend who just got a new legacy and i picked up the cosmo SRI because its been very rainy here. I like the SRI more than the CAI it just seems when you hit the petal it responds a little faster....even with the 4 speed auto. Im going to put some pictures and videos up tomorrow if its nice or even tonight.

Archived