LegacyGT.com

2.5i intake solution

AH SH*T!!! i better stop payment on this mofo so im not stuck waiting and then resending product for the next 2 months!!! So what Im reading is, that ITS BEST to get the 08 Cosmo EVENTHOUGH i have the 07 2/5i? And now after reading the Nasoic thread Pawl sent me, im really getting post payment jitters! can someone please post info regarding the 08 Cosmo CAI being whats BEST for the 07 2.5i ?

Just the fact that you have three vacuum lines which needs three openings on the intake for it to be a perfect fit. I mean its not going to be a huge problem if it only has 2 openings, you will just have to do a tiny bit of customization. Thats what I did, and it did the trick. If you are going to stop the payment, I would do so quickly because these guys are in Canada, and its a pain in the butt returning items...trust me, I've made the same mistake :rolleyes:

The 05-08 intakes are basically the same from what I understand, I'm sure the 09s are the same also. Its just the whole vacuum line ordeal that makes it different.

Btw, here is the Nasioc link, everybody might wanna check this out: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471819

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thank pawl. i read through that post and tried to comprehend as much as possible. IF the 07 CAI sent has 3 tube ports, then im good (from what im understanding) and this is true for the 08, again, upon assumption and information received from this thread. Sadly, my papypal payment has already been completed, (it was submitted and sent on Friday 3/13). I have sent them numerous emails inquiring as to which intake is best for my 07 2.5i, and that Ive read it may need the one for the 08. But id like the have the one with the three tubes for relatively easy install WITHOUT adding the T connector. Thanks for all the quick responses and inquiries in this matter gents. This community (Legacy GT) really is the BEST forum ive been in. And ive been rummaging through a few for many years. Forums ranging from this one, to Lexus, to AVIC411 and so on. the BEST BY FAR! Cheers, and great weekend to all!

ive got reply's back as well, even sent in current engine bay photos to confirm the correct product is being shipped. they have stated in phone conversations as well emails that i have ordered the correct one for the 07 and that it has 3 outlets. so , my CAI is ude in UPS on 3/20 and then ill knowfor sure!

LOL didn't see ur posts cuz i couldn't find this thread because i didn't change my options... kind of a catch-22. But now I got it, thanks guys!

Lagbot, are you thinking of doing your exhaust too?

I feel like getting a CAI without expanding the exhaust kind of limits the effect, but I don't want my car to be super loud either...

cino, wanna do a full walkthrough with pics when you get it? ;)

LOL didn't see ur posts cuz i couldn't find this thread because i didn't change my options... kind of a catch-22. But now I got it, thanks guys!

Lagbot, are you thinking of doing your exhaust too?

I feel like getting a CAI without expanding the exhaust kind of limits the effect, but I don't want my car to be super loud either...

cino, wanna do a full walkthrough with pics when you get it? ;)

I have been looking into doing an exhaust but im really not to sure as to where to start or anything with it. i was going to start another thread on where to start on an exhaust system.

ok, im fumbling over the 07 install due to ZERO pics being avail for me. everything i see is for the 08, which has been very helpful. but there is a difference in the mounting hardware/brackets and locations. gonna look at the injen thread and see if i can figure this out. this is what i get for trying to tackle this mofo at 830pm on Sunday eve!

ok, im fumbling over the 07 install due to ZERO pics being avail for me. everything i see is for the 08, which has been very helpful. but there is a difference in the mounting hardware/brackets and locations. gonna look at the injen thread and see if i can figure this out. this is what i get for trying to tackle this mofo at 830pm on Sunday eve!

Good luck man!

ok, good and not so good. got the CAI installed last night, really no probs. was kinda enjoying the new sound and upper band "thrust" until en route home from work, while on cruise control, my CEL came on and cruise light is flashing. i have no idea what in the hell this could be. my roomie is bringing home his coder so hopefully we can see what it is. anyone off hand, have any idea what is causing this and why. im really hoping its not the MAF and fuel mixture,although im pretty sure thats what it HAS to be. i popped the hood anc checked all the hoses to ensure they were connected. no probs there. i did notice that my egine, after running for over 30mins, was relatively cool , not cold, but not hot?! i hope to solve this dilemma without permanently removing my new "hash pipe" for m'lady. "gawd, if ya listenin, HHEEEWWWLLPPPP!!!"

What, you serious? The mounting bracket is giving you trouble? I had issues with it when I bought the injen intake, but you would think that they would do some test fitting first. Definitely have to see some pics of whats going on.

ok, good and not so good. got the CAI installed last night, really no probs. was kinda enjoying the new sound and upper band "thrust" until en route home from work, while on cruise control, my CEL came on and cruise light is flashing. i have no idea what in the hell this could be. my roomie is bringing home his coder so hopefully we can see what it is. anyone off hand, have any idea what is causing this and why. im really hoping its not the MAF and fuel mixture,although im pretty sure thats what it HAS to be. i popped the hood anc checked all the hoses to ensure they were connected. no probs there. i did notice that my egine, after running for over 30mins, was relatively cool , not cold, but not hot?! i hope to solve this dilemma without permanently removing my new "hash pipe" for m'lady. "gawd, if ya listenin, HHEEEWWWLLPPPP!!!"

Hmmm did you disconnect your battery before you hooked it back up? That may help your ECU relearn everything. Other than that, I have no clue man, I guess thats the chance we take when we mess with our cars :rolleyes:. Guess we'll just have to wait to see what the code is, maybe some pics would help also.

yeah, i disconnected the NEG terminal, and had no probs for almost 75+ miles, but now im getting CEL adn flashing cruise. code is saying bank 1 lean fuel!!?? is this the dreaded youre F'd if you dont go back to stock?! HHHEEWWLLPPP

still throwin CELs and flashing cruise control! cruise control will not engage or disengage when this happens! why would this be routed to cruise? and this may just be me, but it feels like the lower gears on the tranny AUTO are down shifting in a rough manner, more so than id ever noticed before?!the code machine tells me BANK !- LEAN FUEL, assuming im not getting enough air flow?! this is really buggin me. car doesn't start smoov! im not happy in the least bit!

cino135, calm.

it's a safety feature, you cannot engage cruise control when a CEL has been thrown. what's specific code you get ...p0171? most likely the CAI is causing you to run too lean, this has been documented before.

Hmm, try taking it to a shop (not the dealership... obviously) and getting the ECU reflashed? It'll cost you prob $200 or so but it's better than running lean forever.

Lagbot, are you exhibiting any of these issues that cino is seeing?

cino, do you have other mods in the engine bay that, in conjunction with the CAI, may be causing this?

Also, is it possible that it has something to do with the difference in 07/08 models? I noticed lagbot has a 08 2.5i.

Hmm, try taking it to a shop (not the dealership... obviously) and getting the ECU reflashed? It'll cost you prob $200 or so but it's better than running lean forever.

Lagbot, are you exhibiting any of these issues that cino is seeing?

cino, do you have other mods in the engine bay that, in conjunction with the CAI, may be causing this?

Also, is it possible that it has something to do with the difference in 07/08 models? I noticed lagbot has a 08 2.5i.

I dont have any problems a all ..... when it was first put it the car seemed confused and after about 2 hrs it was fine...i have over 1400 miles with it on and nothing i just switched it to a short ram to see if that will trigger it. my only advice at the moment is to get in contact with the company because they told me it would not cause a check engine light or any other problems.......other than that i have no ideas. and the fact that my car is a 08 its a pzev so i figured if anyone was gonna throw a code it would be me.....but im gonna try to get my car to throw a check engine and go from there.

I dont have any problems a all ..... when it was first put it the car seemed confused and after about 2 hrs it was fine...i have over 1400 miles with it on and nothing i just switched it to a short ram to see if that will trigger it. my only advice at the moment is to get in contact with the company because they told me it would not cause a check engine light or any other problems.......other than that i have no ideas. and the fact that my car is a 08 its a pzev so i figured if anyone was gonna throw a code it would be me.....but im gonna try to get my car to throw a check engine and go from there.

Sweet, mine is a pzev as well. I guess the condition of your CAI would be more relevant to me than cino's situation... :mad: sorry cino, the best of luck to you with the CEL issues.

Lagbot, any plans to match that up with an exhaust system?

Sweet, mine is a pzev as well. I guess the condition of your CAI would be more relevant to me than cino's situation... :mad: sorry cino, the best of luck to you with the CEL issues.

Lagbot, any plans to match that up with an exhaust system?

I am looking into a exhaust system.....but im not sure what way to go......and i really want to get unequal length headers so im tryin to find something that will work....if i do find anything i will let you guys know but untill then im only looking at how much work and money is going to go into the exhaust system

the car runs pretty smooth, other than at idle and i can hear the intake, or what i assume is the intake, vibrating a bit. but i travel a good bit of highway roads to work and back, and then even more so to GF's house, so i really used the cruise a good bit. id like to keep the intake as i prefer it much more than the black boxes of crap in there previously. the only other engine mod i had was the 2 pulley set, which was one and fine before the CAI was installed. i just dont wanna cause any harm to my engine as its yet to hit 32K on it. ive run just over 300 with the CEL on. i pray im not fdoing any irreversable harm. and to top it off, one the lil screws in the MAF sensor has since been stripped, didnt take much to loose the thread on the head of it. so now i cant even get it off if i wanted to, without tearing things apart. so, could i assume a reflash could possibly cure my symptoms. how does this differ than unpluggin the terminals of the battery for 30 mins and letting the brain reset itself? im sure a reflash is more along the lines of a compluter resetting the points the ECU acknowledgs and prefers?! should i take this CAI off ASAP to avoid doing any harm to my young engine? I REALLY HATE, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT, SEEING MY CRUISE LIGHT FLASH, NOT BEING ABLE TO USE IT, AND ALWAYS SEEING THE DREAEDED YELLOW CEL ON!?

Archived