LegacyGT.com

'10 Taurus SHO 365hp AWD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They created the stereotype with their own greed and mismanagement, they need to fix it.... So far they have not done that.

Agreed, but they gotta start from somewhere, this new Taurus and the new Fusion by all accounts are good starts. Somebody gotta give them a chance otherwise it will never happen.

Agreed, but they gotta start from somewhere, this new Taurus and the new Fusion by all accounts are good starts. Somebody gotta give them a chance otherwise it will never happen.

Exactly thats all im saying, how are they gonna break a stereotype when noone will even give them a chance to. If there products still suck then whatever they go under, but if they can start making great vehicles and sell them it would be great for all who live in america. Im not saying the auto industry would turn our economy around but it could be a great help this is a multi billion dollar buisness afterall.

but how can you say the car has 365hp and awd so it must be better than fords old models. american carmakers are doing crappy becasue they build crappy cars, thats a fact. new features and rebadging does not change the quality or reliability. in fact, the new introduction of a new feature (especially one as big as a new engine/trans or awd paltform) usually means more bugs to work out. i am not sterotyping, i am just being realistic. granted i have not driven this car but neither has anyone else. even if it is a great car, i doubt it would impress me more than my 08 LGT. start somewhere? yes but for a company thats been around for so long, they lost a lot of credibility in the industry by sinking so low.

It's obvious many here haven't stepped into a Ford dealer lately....

Of all the U.S. manufacturers Ford has some of the best designs and the best quality. GM and Dodge can't compare. I am very interested in this new SHO Taurus and am on the list at my local dealer to be notified when they arrive. I'm looking for a sporty sedan to replace the Leggy in a few years and sadly, what I have seen of the "new" Legacy I'm not real excited.

I could see myself liking this car if they do it right. I like the interior with the 2 tone. I'm iffy on the front end although it does suit the car. I'm sure former and current SHO fanatics won't mind the addition of AWD. Hell, they hated FWD back then. Why would they like it anymore now? And, remember, as far as the auto goes, after 1993, you could only get the 5MT in the 3 liter cars. And after 95, all you could get was an auto. The 3.2 and 3.4 cars all had factory slush boxes. I know quite a few SHO nuts and they've been talking about this for quite a while now. Put the Taurus name on it, not whatever the hell they called it after they dropped the name. Make it available in a few trim levels. S, SE, LX, and SHO. Make some good stuff standard ala dual zone, xenons, power everywhere but make AWD an option on the lower cars and have it standard on the SHO. I'll admit I don't dig much of Ford's new stuff (and I am the last person who would ever buy a truck) but this may have the makings of a winner. This interests me more than anything GM or Chrysler have put out in quite a bit.

I think the Taurus is classified as a full sized car.

This car will weigh in the 3800 - 4000 lb range. I'm not sure if you would classify this as competition against the bl/bp legacy and even the new Legacy concept.

I'm not really sure where the Taurus SHO leaves the ecoboost Licoln MKS?

Err...

Isn't that want got domestics in trouble in the first place:confused::lol:

Lol i dont think the STI has anything to worry about, that car is heavy

The STI?

that is what you think about when you see this?

I am thinking Legacy Spec B, or more accurately, the '10 Legacy has a lot to worry about with this.

But it has no manual transmission. A manu-matic like it has, is still a hydraulic automatic, and the AWD is still HALDEX Faux-wheel-drive.

I like the MKS's Grillework, especially blacked out for the MKS EcoBoost variant, but aft of the hood, the Taurus doesn't look that bad.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/01/mksecoboostlive_03.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/01/mksecoboostlive_01.jpg

Is this enough to get Subaru to Direct Inject and twin turbocharge an H6? I hope so, but I don't think the EZ series are going to stand up to that.

If only they had kept the EG33, and developed that with AVCS and such, maybe even punched it up to 3.7/3.8 liters (2.2->3.3, 2.5->~3.75), and direct injected, and turbocharged that engine.

The STI?

that is what you think about when you see this?

I am thinking Legacy Spec B, or more accurately, the '10 Legacy has a lot to worry about with this.

But it has no manual transmission. A manu-matic like it has, is still a hydraulic automatic, and the AWD is still HALDEX Faux-wheel-drive.

I like the MKS's Grillework, especially blacked out for the MKS EcoBoost variant, but aft of the hood, the Taurus doesn't look that bad.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/01/mksecoboostlive_03.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/01/mksecoboostlive_01.jpg

Is this enough to get Subaru to Direct Inject and twin turbocharge an H6? I hope so, but I don't think the EZ series are going to stand up to that.

If only they had kept the EG33, and developed that with AVCS and such, maybe even punched it up to 3.7/3.8 liters (2.2->3.3, 2.5->~3.75), and direct injected, and turbocharged that engine.

You obviosuly didnt read the post that i was refering, even though it was the very first post that he said subaru better be thinking about a h6 turbo for the legacy sti.

They havent listed a curb weight yet but the base line 2010 taurus is listed right around 3600lbs, so this one fully loaded with a bigger engine and turbos and a AWD system is gonna be atleast 3800 i would think probably more.

Once again you ruled a car out without ever driving and testing it. GG

Very well put. IMO, most people do not cross shop Fords and Subarus, at least around here anyway.

Detroit needs to stop these damn rebates and incentives and put a damn good price on the car.

You are probably right about the weight. Seems to be order of the day.

I saw your post, second in this thread, and you said STI... so considering that this car isn't likely to be sold in Japan, where the Legacy STI is, and considering you and I are both in the US, I figured you meant WRX STI, which is the only STI in the US... Unfortunately by SOA's decisions...

I just don't think people are going to be cross shopping (WRX) STI and (Taurus) SHO, regardless of the three letter thing. :D

We are talking about the new legacy STI. Because rumor has it there will be no spec b 2010+ but there will be a legacy STI in the next generation, also there are rumors that the only legacy you wil lbe able to get in manual will be the STI. So if the legacy gets a weight gain which by looking at you think it will if its a 3800lbs car with a 300hp 4 cylinder boxer and the new taurus is a 3800-3900lbs car with a 365hp awd setup then why wouldnt the 2 be cross shopped?

As they should, but they are gettign away from quirky. They are making cars for everyone cause its a buisness and they want to sel lcars and make money. The new forester looks nothing like a subie should inside or out, the tribecca all i have to say is WTF and now the new legacy, hell even the impreza base looks like a kia. WTF is going on

We are talking about the new legacy STI. Because rumor has it there will be no spec b 2010+ but there will be a legacy STI in the next generation, also there are rumors that the only legacy you wil lbe able to get in manual will be the STI. So if the legacy gets a weight gain which by looking at you think it will if its a 3800lbs car with a 300hp 4 cylinder boxer and the new taurus is a 3800-3900lbs car with a 365hp awd setup then why wouldnt the 2 be cross shopped?

I was just talking about this over in the Subaru News forum, '10 Legacy thread...

The rumors I remember say that the GT will likely get the 6MT, and turbo H4. No 5MT, might have the Bilsteins, and "GT" will likely take over for the Spec B, the spec B name just being dropped.

The 5- or 6-EAT and 3.0R or 3.6 H6 engine will likely be the flip side of that coin, with similar features and pricing... much like 3.0R Limited and 2.5 GT Spec B are right now for '09.

I have heard nothing about an STI nameplate for the Legacy, and SOA has done nothing about STI so far, not "tuned by STI", and not S402, both of which Japan has already had. I somehow doubt that Legacy will be called STI, it will probably just continue being called GT, with specs that we would recognize from the USDM 06-09 Spec Bs.

An STI nameplate would have to get more power than GT, different bodywork, HIDs, and other differences, in order to keep with the STI precedent from WRX to WRX STI. It isn't just a badge job, historically.

And that will have to compete with cars like Taurus SHO (front biased), and G8 GXP (Rear drive), and G37X AWD auto and G37S RWD 6-speed or Auto.

I hope the Legacy is up to that challenge.

--------

One more thing about the Taurus SHO... I wish it had a 3-spoke steering wheel. Any car intending to be sporty in the least should have a 3 spoke wheel.

4-spoke wheels always seem to get in my way. the upper spokes end up being at 10-oclock and 2-oclock, rather than 9 and 3 like a three spoke wheel does, and they push my hands either too high on the wheel, or too low, and the two bottom spokes are easier to fumble on when turning the wheel, than just one spoke on the bottom.

Ok, so if there is just a gt and nothign past that but the gt is a 300hp AWD 3800lbs car then why wouldnt the 365hp 3800lbs taurus be in the same catagory? And remember with the taurus you get alot more potential, imagine what some bolt ons and ecu tuning could do, it could easily be a 400hp car. Subies and ford arent normally cross shopped, but then again ford has never had a twin turbo awd sedan before. We may need to realize a day when a ford taurus is smoking alot of us straight off the factory line, OMGOOSES

Archived