LegacyGT.com

'10 Taurus SHO 365hp AWD

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with you. It could be very nice , but for 38-40K there are many good choices. A lot of money for a car with out a history.

True, G37x and 335xi comes to mind at that price range. Then again, the Taurus is just a Lincoln MKZ and those things are selling at $7k under MSRP so maybe the SHO can be had at the cheap too after the initial hype. :p

Honestly It is the first Ford that I wouldn't be embarrassed to own.

And honestly with current car prices 38k is totally reasonable for what they are providing.

Hmmm... I don't think, I could pay +38k for a Taurus. When you get in that high 30k to low 40k range, there are lot of good options.

GXP comes to mind.

The new Taurus/MKS are big FWD cars, I just can't see them handling that well.

True, G37x and 335xi comes to mind at that price range. Then again, the Taurus is just a Lincoln MKZ and those things are selling at $7k under MSRP so maybe the SHO can be had at the cheap too after the initial hype. :p

Ummmm....

Taurus is related to MKS, MKZ is Fusion/Milan size, and has been out for a few years already.

With the economy in the dump, there may be rebates anyway, though.

Well yeah id take the RWD G8 with a manual trans over the SHO. But if I had to get a Ford this wouldn't feel like a prison sentence unlike just about every Ford product for the last 30 years.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Well yeah id take the RWD G8 with a manual trans over the SHO. But if I had to get a Ford this wouldn't feel like a prison sentence unlike just about every Ford product for the last 30 years.

:lol:

Point taken.

The MKS I saw at the car show was nicely done but not my cup of tea. I just can't drop that amount of money on a Ford yet.

^ Yeah you are right. I keep getting those two names flip flopped. Lincoln needs better way of naming their cars.

I will agree, there. I was sad to see them go to MK* and my initials are MK.

Names, lincoln, NAMES... You have some good ones, too. Continental, Zephyr, etc...

While the G8 would be an interesting choice, the fact that the SHO has AWD and a much nicer interior makes it more appealing to me than the G8.

Honestly, people are having a huge hang up on the price- I think its a very compelling package

How many other cars can you name that have

350+ hp

300+ ft-lbs

6 speed auto

Full size car

Less than $40k

I can only think of three- the G8, SRT-8 twins and the SHO (Genesis fell just short on torque). Throw in AWD and that number drops to 1, not to mention that the SHOs interior looks a lot nicer than any of the alternatives.

Too big for me, but def. a huge leap over the previous Taurus. I never thought I'd see Ford making good looking cars, but here I am, 22 years old and it is happening.

Now I would be interested in say a 300 - 320 HP Fusion SHO in the low $30ks. Not that I will have money any time soon, but still.

Ugh, it's still a ford, and for me, I will never buy another ford product. My family and I all had fords before we all switched to subaru and they were ALL crap! I realize there is such a thing as a "reliable" ford (but VERY rarely) and until they can consistantly make good, reliable, safe cars, I wouldn't care if they invented flying cars and were the only brand that sells them, I still WOULD NEVER buy a ford.

Sorry to those who like fords. I've never never had one, nor known anyone who had one and could say it's reliable....hence the Found On Road Dead or Fixed Or Repaired Daily acronyms. That didn't happen overnight.

Anyway, that just my opinion. Also, I'm not a big fan of the way the new taurus looks. Personally I like the new Leggy look better. And I may be out on my own on this one.

It's obvious many here haven't stepped into a Ford dealer lately....

The last time I interacted with a Ford dealer (for a state inspection on my Contour) in September, I was treated like absolute ish. I love the cars Ford is coming out with these days, but have zero desire to suffer at the hands of their incompetent techs and unsubtly rude service management yet again.

Archived