LegacyGT.com

2010 MazdaSpeed3

Guest heightsgtltd
You know that all you ever say when you come on posts that i have typed on. Look at the 21 year old, sorry i wasnt born a couple years earlier, ill slap my mom in the face next time i see her and say why didnt you spawn me 5-10 years earlier. Then Heightsgtltd wouldnt have such a problem with the comments i make because atleast it would be someone over 30 saying it. lol

See that was funny :lol:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA
Any data on a modern Japanese V8 (Lexus, Infiniti, Hyundai, etc) on the weight of one of their OHC/DOHC engines? I would think they might be a bit more than a LSx.

That's a bit sarcastic don't ya think?

Do you see though how he cant just admit that hes wrong. The 1.3 rotary is the same weight. He comes back and brings mercedes and BMW into this like WTF. Were talking about a SBC and a rotary and you bring in two companies that dont use either in there cars.:rolleyes:

Heres the line you need to read

Le threw some Injen intake and exhaust parts on the car and mated a SPEC clutch and flywheel to the six-speed T56 transmission. After gutting the interior and adding a rollcage, the Bastard only weighs 77 pounds more than Wan's drift car, which is even more stripped down.

I have now given you two reliable links and like i said there are hundreds more. So stop arguing when you are wrong, the ls1 fully assmebled w/the t56 vs the 1.3 turbow/ stock 5 speed fully assembled weighs damn near the same.

You are comparing Stripped down ENTIRE CARS. There are a WHOLE LOT of variables there.

What about a heavier rear diff, and heavier axle shafts? more torque is probably not going to do nice things to stock mazda parts that are lighter, because they CAN be, with a Rotary. Any number of variables.

If you can come up with ENGINE numbers, I'll listen. Until then you don't get to tell me what I can and cannot say. I do not, nor will I ever bow because you say so.

And liek it has said in both articals the weight distribution is the same. You gain reliability, way more power low end and mid range, way better trq and loose almost no weight and handling is the same.

So says someone who has an interest to justify the work they've done. I see no documentation of numbers, just conjecture and quoted conjecture. NUMBERS, man. If those articles have them, then why don't you post them here? I did a 90 second search and found reasonable numbers. Where are yours?

Why woudl you argue with a win/win/win setup, because you hate SBCs soo much you cant admit there awesome lol.

I argue because the world doesn't revolve around that engine, regardless of how "awesome" you think it is. If you think it is so damned elevated above everything else, why are you driving a Legacy? Why aren't you driving a G8? A G8 has the SBC in it.

I never said the SBC was a bad engine. You can search this forum from stem to stern, and THOUSANDS of my posts... I don't say that it is a bad engine. I say that I am bored as hell with everyone thinking that it is the ONLY engine, when it is most certainly NOT the only engine.

As I said, some people think that the rotary's qualities, or a boxer engine's qualities, or a v12's qualities, or whatever else, is worth it, even if there are other issues to contend with.

If your conjecture about your freind is that he was working on his rotary every weekend... Maybe your freind screwed around too much, and made more work for himself. That is why it is called CONJECTURE. Who knows what other modifications have been made to the swapped cars you talk about. Maybe those swapped cars, if the rotary had been left in the car, would weigh ~140lbs less than they did, with a more rearward weight bias. But we don't know. It wasn't a controlled measurement or experiment.

I don't ask why you continue to argue, despite me posting numbers showing how much lighter weight a rotary engine is... I don't expect to change your preference. I don't care to. I just presented some reasonable-confidence facts and numbers, that show that a rotary engine is lighter weight than a small block.

Heaven for frakkin' bid someone have a different viewpoint than you. Grow up.

Guest heightsgtltd
You really have no idea what you are talking about on this subject ;)

Besides, what does any of this have to do with the MazdaSpeed 3?

IWSS and DF1, derailing threads with hot air and negativity since 2005 :lol:

The first link i showed you the guy changed the engine and tranny along with the accessorys under the hood it wasnt a stripped car, also he says he used the stock rear end in the rx-7, so the drivetrain after the driveshaft is the same. And the second one they even say the rotary drift car is more stripped down than the ls1 bastard as they call it. If you go to the second page of the artical on sport compact you will see they did weigh the engines out of the cars and the ls1 was 60lbs more. There STFU and listen.

And i dont dislike when people have a different idea than me as long as it makes sense. These people who own rx-7s and mod them want a race car or a street/race car so they want the best engine that can go in the car. And you ahvent given me 1 real reason as to why the rotary is better than the ls1 in the rx-7. When you do then i will try to understand your thinking. Would you agree with someone you know is completely wrong?

I think the Legacy is the King of Cars !!!!! :lol:

The fully dressed rotary turbo is about the same weight as a fully dressed LSx, but everyone knows that.....

POST NUMBERS or let it die.

You can call the sky red if you want. It doesn't make it true. It is conjecture until you provide hard information.

The Renesis and 13B-REW are not that different, and turbos do NOT account for the margin, and dimensions and part counts bear out that a rotary should be lighter, as the numbers say it is lighter.

And now back to your regular FWD econobox programming. :D

You are insane.

I went out, and I found the dry weight numbers for the engines we are talking about. I quoted them. If you have BETTER numbers, then post them, and their sources. I am anxious to see them. And if they vet as accurate, then I will gladly defer to the superior figures.

ENGINE WEIGHT NUMBERS.

You guys dispute them with anecdotal conjecture, refuse to produce ACTUAL RELEVANT FIGURES, and then say that I am the one with no idea?

I hope you guys aren't scientists or engineers.

Dude your wrong, go talk to guys who have done the swap, i bet they will side with me. AND LIKE I SAID FOR THE 50TH TIME, THE MAGAZINE DID WEIGH EACH ENGINE IN THE ARTICLE I POSTED AND THE LS1 WEIGHED 60 LBS MORE.

Go to google and liek i said you will find tons of guys who weighed there cars before and after and the weight is always less than 100lbs gained, for sooo much more potential gained and less headaches a 100lbs aint shit

Dude your wrong, go talk to guys who have done the swap, i bet they will side with me. AND LIKE I SAID FOR THE 50TH TIME, THE MAGAZINE DID WEIGH EACH ENGINE IN THE ARTICLE I POSTED AND THE LS1 WEIGHED 60 LBS MORE.

Go to google and liek i said you will find tons of guys who weighed there cars before and after and the weight is always less than 100lbs gained, for sooo much more potential gained and less headaches a 100lbs aint shit

But you say that the SBC is better because it is lighter than other engines... And that margin is less than 100lbs from other engines. You don't get to claim it as significant when it is in your favor, and insignificant when it is NOT in your favor.

And I don't do your research for you. If you want to prove a point, YOU do the legwork. It isn't my burden of proof to disprove myself, when I already HAVE posted applicable numbers that support my point.

Also, as to being off topic. I was talking about MAZDAs. I didn't bring up the Chevy stuff...

No, i said the SBC is better becuase it almost as light, so you loose almost no handling and its better because its MORE RELIABLE, EASIER TO MAKE POWER, TRQ IS FAR BETTER, LESS MANITANENCE AND YOU LOOSE NONE OF THE GOOD QUALITYS OF THE RX-7. And in the nubmers you gave why are you comparing the ls7 to the rotary? The ls7 is a 7,0liter compared to the ls1 being a 5.7.

And i did do research and i gave solid numbers, from guys who actually did the swap instead of just finding what the engine weight diffrence is. Because when it comes down to it, these engines are still going into cars, so if after all is said and done the rx7 weighs damn near the same but with all these new benefits then its better. And i also gave you the numbers from the magazine that weighed each engine and found only a 60lbs difference.

Archived