LegacyGT.com

2010 MazdaSpeed3

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
neither is the subaru boxer engine when you're asking 550hp out of it.

Ok but the rotary engine by design isnt reliable. Even at stock power levels the seals on those things go left and right. If you see a rx-7 for sale with 80K+ miles on it even if its stock or close to stock almost everyone will say engine recently rebuilt. Why? Cause they need to be often.

Pounds are pounds. 80lbs off for cutting turbos and going to aluminum, if that is the case, is 80lbs.

~60lbs for 13B-REW, is 60lbs. 110+lbs for the Renesis... is still lighter weight.

Those specific figures were earlier in this thread, some of them from 05GTGuru. Good grief man, can you even read? You criticize others, and then you pull crap like that? C'mon. Get real.

Now I have TWICE tried to go back to the topic. If I ask a third time, can we really get back on track? Is the third time the charm?

Shut up and kiss me you fool:lol:

Im tired of talking about this, you wont admit that the only downfall of the rx-7 is its shitty rotary engine and that replacing it with a far better engine in everyway except the 60lbs more it weighs is a good idea. You wotn even take what the guys who atcually have doen it say, which is that the car still handles the same just with better power and less headaches. Its like me, someone who knows nothing about rockets going to NASA and trying to tell an expert why hes wrong when i have no idea what im talking about. Thats basically what your saying to all those guys who have done ls1 swaps and found it to be a much better car afterwards.

I like the lsx engines you know this but i do also like other types of engines. You say what about the people who wants something different thats cool and fine and all but when your building a car to perform why not make it right instead of using a engine you know sooner or later is going to fail. Being different is fine but building a rotary engine is just stupid. There are reasons noone uses the wankel engine.

As for the speed 3, i like it. My girlfriend gets her liscence back in october and since the loss of her evo she hasnt really found a car that makes her wanna drive it. Since we wont be able to buy new she wants a used MS3 as we have both driven a friend of ours 08 and she had a blast. I had a blast beating on the car and then i had a blast getting into my car and just destroying the ms3 in a straight line.

No, you are going to NASA, and telling them that they need to take the engines out of the space shuttle, and put different ones in it, because you like the other one... You are the one suggesting fitting a NON-STOCK engine. Why not just buy a car with an SBC built into the car, if you want that, and let other people have their preferences?

Mazda built the RX7 with the rotary, from it's inception. The FD-3S WON comparison tests with it. It beat other stock sport coupes, including Porsche 968, 300ZX, 3000GT/Stealth RT, and stock Supra in comparison tests of the day, in the early 90s. Rotary RX7s have won outright handling competitions against all competitors. More recently Renesis has won engine awards.

The RX7 doesn't have a downfall, if you know what you are getting into, and learn how to handle the unique engine. Mazda built it that way, and it is a bit odd for you to say that they should be defacto replaced by an engine that was not designed for that car, or the car for that engine.

And, most RACERs build cars with finite-life engines, even SBCs with finite-life expectations, ALL THE TIME. The rotary is nowhere near that, even if it does have some service life considerations over passenger-car piston engines.

You may think the rotary engine is "just stupid", but that doesn't make it a fact. It may be different, it may require some attention, but it isn't a bad engine, and the people who KNOW wankel rotaries tend to like them. People who KNOW boxers tend to like them, too, and nobody but Subaru and Porsche use those in cars...

And did you just admit that you beat on your "freinds" car? Who are your freinds? One that doesn't like rotary engines when fiddled with, and not running right (vacuum issues tend to cause real trouble with rotaries, if the vacuum system isn't handled correctly, most people who have them, don't have to fiddle with rotaries every weekend.)

And another freind that just lets you and your barred-license girlfreind beat on their car?

Remind me to never let you within 10 yards of my cars...

Unless the RX7 or 8 chassis is clearly superior to that of the corvette, why go thru the hassle of a swap anyway? Can the rest of the RX drivetrain handle the extra torque, or does that also have to be replaced? What about wiring, throttle, etc?

Most people agree the Vette has a great chassis, so why bother?

You dont need to concern yoruself with what my friends let my girlfriend drive. Whether she has a lisence or not.

Ok so whats good about the rotay, it revs to high hell, is that it? Its less reliable by far than a normal engine, it uses more gas than a normal engine of the same size, puts out more emissions, has a serious lack or trq, less usuable power. Great engine lol, yes its unique and if you want a rotary then i guess get one, but you better be ready to do work for little benefit.

Hey, man, you put the info forward about you and your girlfreind beating on someone else's car... I'm just sayin' I wouldn't be that "freindly" to my car being beaten on by anyone else.

You might finally be getting it, maybe. Some people like different things, and people have a choice in what they buy and use.

Unless the RX7 or 8 chassis is clearly superior to that of the corvette, why go thru the hassle of a swap anyway? Can the rest of the RX drivetrain handle the extra torque, or does that also have to be replaced? What about wiring, throttle, etc?

Most people agree the Vette has a great chassis, so why bother?

The rx-7 is lighter than a vette, and the rx-7 can handle like jesus on steroids. Alot of ls1s that go up for sale are sold with the t-56 tranny and wiring harness, you can bascally get a ls1 with the tranny and wiring harness for around 4-5k. Alot of people put ls1s in 240sxs aswell, i almost bought one for 7k 2 years back and i hate myself for not doing it.

This thread is :offtopic::lol:

I thought we were talking about the New Mazda 3 not the RX7. You guys should really start your own thread about Rotary Engines VS whatever and take this there.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

ITs over, no point in doing that now

You sure? It would be a good thread. My buddy has a Black 1994 FD, nice car, but the engine had to be rebuilt after less than 50,000.

You sure? It would be a good thread. My buddy has a Black 1994 FD, nice car, but the engine had to be rebuilt after less than 50,000.

Haha, what kinda power is he running? I know the 93 i was gonna buy with 450rwhp matt had to replace the seals twice in less than 30kmiles with that setup. For comparison my T/A with the ls1 make 432rwhp (without spray)and needed nothing replaced after 30kmiles.:wub:

Haha, what kinda power is he running? I know the 93 i was gonna buy with 450rwhp matt had to replace the seals twice in less than 30kmiles with that setup. For comparison my T/A with the ls1 make 432rwhp (without spray)and needed nothing replaced after 30kmiles.:wub:

Other than the Enkei Wheels and Tokico adj struts, front lip spoiler and black tinted tail lights, it's bone stock. He bought it with 35,000 miles and had to replace the radiator within 10,000, then it got stolen out of his driveway a short while later and the dumbasses blew the seals. The cops found it the next morning at an apartment complex, nothing was taken except some CD's. I think they just joy-rided it and abandoned it. The engine was rebuilt by a local Mazda dealership.

Other than the Enkei Wheels and Tokico adj struts, front lip spoiler and black tinted tail lights, it's bone stock. He bought it with 35,000 miles and had to replace the radiator within 10,000, then it got stolen out of his driveway a short while later and the dumbasses blew the seals. The cops found it the next morning at an apartment complex, nothing was taken except some CD's. I think they just joy-rided it and abandoned it. The engine was rebuilt by a local Mazda dealership.

That sucks, the only thing worse then your engine blowing is when someone else is driving when it blows. If its gonna blow you should atleast be the one doing it. I had someone steal and joy ride one of my cars, my 1990 new yorker. What they didnt know was the reason it was parked in a home depot parking lot was because the tensioner pulley locked up and the belt broke off, so they drove it until the battery died or until it overheated and just left it.

Archived