LegacyGT.com

What is your other car(s)?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my other cars.sorry no pics right now

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I have had that in my head for a while, too.

I have a list of cars in my head, and a hybrid of t-top Fox Mercury Capri and Fox Mustang, with a modular 5 liter motor, 6-speed, and Cobra IRS. Very little would be left stock. :D.

But that is one in a list of cars...

-Hybrid of a 944 Turbo, and 968 Porsche

-SW20 MR2, perhaps with an engine swap.

-pre-facelift NSX-T with widebody fenders and forced induction.

-Miata with Italia classic roadster re-body and full modifications to be a 90's tech 60's-look roadster sportscar, with an upgraded Mazdaspeed turbocharged engine, to 250+ hp.

-Austin Healey 100, modified with a Z4 //M drivetrain.

Or, a mid-engined kit car powered by a twin turbo EG33 H6, and a cool supercar-esque body, somewhere between 288GTO and McLaren F1, with a bit of R8 rolled in.

The Mustang thing is one of my ideas. I've seen a few that have had 5.8L swapped in that got me real interested. I figure if I get one that has some suspension work done, rear disc conversion done, and some other things I'll be ahead of the game. Problem is finding a clean one, without a huge tach screwed into the dash, that doesn't have a twisted frame(even though they are unibodies).

As far as the 944T/968 route, it isn't a cheap one. I had a 944 Turbo S, a friend had a 944 Turbo S, and now has a 968. He is heavy into the Porsche forumss and is looking to mod his (he'll never get around to it, loose interest, take it apart and never reassemble it, or just sell it like he has been talking since he bought it). IIRC he said the two easiest routes are either stick the 944 turbo motor into the 968 body, or supercharge the 968 3L. Turboing the stock 968 motor takes a lot of fabrication and $$$ (not like the other doesn't either).

If I was short (and narrower) I'd be thinking about doing a Monster Miata. Nothing like stuffing a 5.0L modded Mustang motor into a small light body. It would be kinda like recreating a Cobra.

The Mustang thing is one of my ideas. I've seen a few that have had 5.8L swapped in that got me real interested. I figure if I get one that has some suspension work done, rear disc conversion done, and some other things I'll be ahead of the game. Problem is finding a clean one, without a huge tach screwed into the dash, that doesn't have a twisted frame(even though they are unibodies).

No kidding... if they aren't twisted up from romping on them, they are half rusted into the afterlife.

As far as the 944T/968 route, it isn't a cheap one. I had a 944 Turbo S, a friend had a 944 Turbo S, and now has a 968. He is heavy into the Porsche forumss and is looking to mod his (he'll never get around to it, loose interest, take it apart and never reassemble it, or just sell it like he has been talking since he bought it). IIRC he said the two easiest routes are either stick the 944 turbo motor into the 968 body, or supercharge the 968 3L. Turboing the stock 968 motor takes a lot of fabrication and $$$ (not like the other doesn't either).

Yeah, one of those things... don't buy one if you can't afford two. :D

I was thinking actually of a 951 base car, with the 968 front end grafted on. I like the quarter windows and the angles of the tail-light panel and underspoiler on the 944, rather than the softer-edged 968 from the a-pillar back, but I like the nice front fenders and 928-style headlights and 993 style indicators and driving lights from the 968.

Driveline... I was thinking about a 968 6-speed transaxle with Quaiffe LSD, and either a warmed-up 951 Turbo S engine, or even a Powerhaus turbocharged 3.0 variocam... but you are right. Big $$$.

As for Miatas... I like the one we have, a 1999 Preferred-equip pkg car (lightest of the NB bodystyle) thought about going up to a mazdaspeed... But to be honest, a good used Porsche Boxster is looking pretty darn good. Hard to beat Porsche, Mid-engined, and boxer engined in the same car. Plus it is a bit more comfortable, and more storage space, and faster than a Miata, too.

One of my ultimates would be a engine-swapped Cayman with some other nice modifications. 3.8 Direct injected 385 horsepower engine, PDK, PASM/Sport Chrono, in a mid-engined stable coupe chassis... just sounds sublime to even talk about it.

Keep coming back to those boxer engines... :D

No, the H6 is not considered a boxer. Only the the horizontally opposed 4 cylinder is called the boxer because of it's square shape.

Aside from my daily driver Legacy I have.......more Legacies. :)

Two old school Legacy turbo parts cars.

My old school Legacy turbo pro PGT class rally car:

http://www.innovativetuningdl.com/images/ShopCar/Angle250X130LCBoard.jpg

My wife has a Legacy Wagon.

And then there's my beast. My 96 Impreza Brighton (base model)...slightly modified :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://innovativetuningdl.com/images/Voltron/10.07/TMP10.19.07Drag/DSCF2748.JPG

According to Subaru's description of the current Legacy 3L 6 cylinder they're all boxer engines:

"

Standard Features

And

"The Outback 3.0R Limited offers the best in Subaru strength and luxury. The power of the 245 hp 6-cylinder SUBARU BOXER® engine http://www.subaru.com/sub/media/glossary/icon_2.jpg accompanies extras like leather-trimmed upholstery, a 440-watt, 9-speaker..."

I thought any H configuration is a boxer regardless because of the back and forth punching motion, not neccessarily the shape

Agreed. Originally, the BMW R-bike boxer twins were named such due to the resemblance of the cylinder heads to a boxer's fists.

No, the H6 is not considered a boxer. Only the the horizontally opposed 4 cylinder is called the boxer because of it's square shape.

I hope you are kidding.

A boxer is any horizontally opposed engine. It refers to the punch-counterpunch motion of the pistons, which is reminiscent of the sweet science.

Like Muhammed Ali kind of boxing.

It has nothing to do with being square, it has to do with being horizontally opposed.

Otherwise, why would there be a Ferrari called 512BB. BB stands for Berlinetta (solid roof car) BOXER. It has a horizontally opposed 12 cylinder. An H12 BOXER.

Boxster is a combination between BOXER, as in horizontally opposed engine, and Roadster. BOX-ster. It has, and always had a 6-cylinder.

I have no other car in my driveway, however in my parents garage is my belair.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63145&stc=1&d=1233443671

n671785480_2442083_3744.jpg.3e9147ac08338649b059dae96881df10.jpg

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived