LegacyGT.com

What is your other car(s)?

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool car. Are you the original owner?

Hey I'm in Flemington too. What color LGT do you have?

im the second owner but it actually just sold so i can pay for my legacy :redface: I loved that car. and i dont have an LGT i just have a 2.5i se in qsm i have the rally pig vinyls on the back side windows that would be the only thing that makes mine stand out right now

You hit the nail on the head. I look out for these cars all the time! i almost bot a 91 in 1996...low lmileage but coudn't put the deal together...I regret that. the 1989 CSX was sweet, too. The VNT turbo 3...good stuff!

Lotus did design thr head and they had alot of problems...bad ones.

I kinda wish I didn't buy my Spirit R/T. I got a decent deal on it due to the fact the car lot I got it from didn't know much about it, but I never really drive it. I bought it something like 4-5 years ago and maybe have put 1000 miles on it. I'm probably going to sell it in spring when I fix a few things on it.

For the record

T1+ turbo nonintercooled 2.2L or 2.5L 150hp

TII= turbo intercooled 2.2L 175hp

TIII= turbo intercooled 16V lotus head (maserati did make a 16V 2.2L in 89 iirc called a TC which gets mistaken for a LeBaron.) 224hp

TIV= 2.2L intercooled VNT (variable nozzle turbo) 175hp.

My cousin is big into turbo mopars and has 2 87 GLHS's. He owes me some money and I almost want to take one of them off his hands. I just can't do it though.

I have a relative who just traded her 2.2 SOHC VNT turbocharged 5-speed viper-red and charcoal trim '90 LeBaron GTC, for a new Avenger a few months ago.

I drove that car occasionally, and the throttle was almost brutal. Probably not really as fast as my Stage II Legacy GT, but it was definitely more visceral, and not nearly as smooth.

Engine ran fine. The rest of the car started to fall apart around it, after nearly 20 model years, and being stored and parked outside. That car defined torque steer, and probably did the most to put me completely OFF of FWD. No car with anywhere near that kind of power should drive the front wheels.

BTW, the Maserati TC WAS a LeBaron. A few tweeks in the appearance and details, but it was a re-badged and "tarted-up" LeBaron. :D

My girlfriends good friend hasa turbo lebaron, 2.2 liter. Me and her boyfriend were driving it, and we noticed alot of smoke and coolant smell and said ohh shit. Pulled over and there is a coolant lien that runs to the turbo and it blew apart. I had no idea the lebaron ran coolant through the turbo.

Beside's the Legacy, I have a slightly lifted 2006 Nissan Frontier 4x4 (no pic at the moment), a 2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R, and a 1972 GMC that is all stock that I bought for $50. The GMC is a future project that I have sitting at my dad's house in Portland. The factory 350 with who knows how many miles still runs great.

zrx1.jpg.b7a44af8c9dafdb65e8586d7ae95c6f7.jpg

100_0472.thumb.jpg.3d31763d58fd16bbef4489910597cca4.jpg

Yup...

I have a relative who just traded her 2.2 SOHC VNT turbocharged 5-speed viper-red and charcoal trim '90 LeBaron GTC, for a new Avenger a few months ago.

I drove that car occasionally, and the throttle was almost brutal. Probably not really as fast as my Stage II Legacy GT, but it was definitely more visceral, and not nearly as smooth.

Engine ran fine. The rest of the car started to fall apart around it, after nearly 20 model years, and being stored and parked outside. That car defined torque steer, and probably did the most to put me completely OFF of FWD. No car with anywhere near that kind of power should drive the front wheels.

BTW, the Maserati TC WAS a LeBaron. A few tweeks in the appearance and details, but it was a re-badged and "tarted-up" LeBaron. :D

My Vnt wasn't that bad as long as you were ready. Mind you it had a bad trans mount, front and rear engine mounts so that doesn't help matters. Your friends car probably had the vanes hanging up and not moving which would be like getting full boost(and for a quick second overboost) as soon as the turbo spooled up. When I bought mine the vanes were carboned up too.

SAAB Vigeons define torque steer. When you can change lanes by just blipping the throttle and hit boost. That's torque steer!!

Except Lebaron's had back seats, pop up headlights in 89/90, and no removable hard top.

Beside's the Legacy, I have a slightly lifted 2006 Nissan Frontier 4x4 (no pic at the moment), a 2003 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R, and a 1972 GMC that is all stock that I bought for $50. The GMC is a future project that I have sitting at my dad's house in Portland. The factory 350 with who knows how many miles still runs great.

awesome truck! +1 on it being a 72. That means yo have stock front discs and 5 lug wheels.

being a GMC means you have leaf springs instead of rear coils however.

if you ever have a question on that project let me know. I have torn down many a 67-72 c10. I can take the front clip off in about 10 minutes.

also check out http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com. LOT of knowldge help and parts guys there.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

awesome truck! +1 on it being a 72. That means yo have stock front discs and 5 lug wheels.

being a GMC means you have leaf springs instead of rear coils however.

if you ever have a question on that project let me know. I have torn down many a 67-72 c10. I can take the front clip off in about 10 minutes.

also check out www.67-72chevytrucks.com. LOT of knowldge help and parts guys there.

Added to my favorites. Thanks for the link! :)

Yup...

np :) you know.. the vortec series of motors from the 99+ silverados escalades tahoes etc. drop right into those trucks. :D imagine a 6L vortech drop in.. throw on a joe gibbs supercharter.. 400 or so hp, overdrive automatic transmission, comfortable easy to start fuel injection.. :D

http://www.ls1tech.com has great resources for ls1 retrofits.

http://www.earlyclassic.com is a GREAT 67-72 c/k 10/20/30/1500+ site as well.

http://www.hotrodlane.cc is another great ls1 and general performance retro site.

I had my truck for abour 5-6 years so I really got into the community. I sold my 69 rolling chassis with vortec 5.3/4L60E, 71 cab, 68 SWB bed and 67 front clip for $6k and used the money to buy my first house.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Household vehicles in addition to the LGT include 2007 Scion Tc, 2001 Civic EX, 1996 Explorer and a 1971 Ford pickup with 59K actual miles...an eclectic mix.

I used to have a 95 explorer. It was the biggest pile of crap I have ever owned. Is your civic a coupe? What color? Any pics?:)

saturn ion is the economy car of the household:

IMG00092.thumb.jpg.9b759f608cd4df70de3491f64e98a7e4.jpg

But all my money goes into the truck which I co-own w/ a friend. It was once a toyota tacoma, but I think just about everything but the cab has been replaced... so i'm not sure what it is now. We try to get it out to the mojave desert at least a couple times / year to race.

110_1064.JPG.965f894906cbe0af3eefaa524364de9f.JPG

IMG_4357_proof.jpg.46d046a14662c7fcce5116bf0c792970.jpg

I used to have a 95 explorer. It was the biggest pile of crap I have ever owned. Is your civic a coupe? What color? Any pics?:)

My wife drives the Explorer, 82K on it now. Hasn't been a bad vehicle except we've had to replace a broken flywheel twice over the years. The Civic is a white coupe (72K)...it's my son's car but don't have any pics.

My wife drives the Explorer, 82K on it now. Hasn't been a bad vehicle except we've had to replace a broken flywheel twice over the years. The Civic is a white coupe (72K)...it's my son's car but don't have any pics.

I suppose it wasn't that bad, it got me from A-B. My parents bought a new one in 2006 and gave me the old 95 with 137,000 miles on it. I was very grateful but the thing ended up costing me more money to fix then to buy a new car. It made it to about 161k in November. Too many things wrong with it and rust up the wazoo. We gave it an all expense paid trip to the Junkyard.

I have a black 01 civic coupe (111k) and I love the thing. It's a lot more fun than the LGT right now. manual>auto. I'm hoping to hold onto it til 250k.:eek:

I kinda wish I didn't buy my Spirit R/T. I got a decent deal on it due to the fact the car lot I got it from didn't know much about it, but I never really drive it. I bought it something like 4-5 years ago and maybe have put 1000 miles on it. I'm probably going to sell it in spring when I fix a few things on it.

For the record

T1+ turbo nonintercooled 2.2L or 2.5L 150hp

TII= turbo intercooled 2.2L 175hp

TIII= turbo intercooled 16V lotus head (maserati did make a 16V 2.2L in 89 iirc called a TC which gets mistaken for a LeBaron.) 224hp

TIV= 2.2L intercooled VNT (variable nozzle turbo) 175hp.

My cousin is big into turbo mopars and has 2 87 GLHS's. He owes me some money and I almost want to take one of them off his hands. I just can't do it though.

That is correct sir, except the 2.2 version "I" was 142bhp in 1984, 1985 and up was 146bhp. The 2.5 turbo I was 150bhp. Petty corrections,sorry, I had a couple of them, an '85 2.2 Daytona Turbo I/Spearco FMIC with 3000.00 bucks into the motor, and an 89 ES turbo with the 2.5 I balance shaft turbo, with a custom FMIC from a Volvo 740. The balance shaft motors were a huge improvement over the originals. Ma fav was the 2.2 III balance shaft motor.

Also, the Maserati was a non-balance shaft engine. Horrible car all around IMO.

Did they put the VNT into a Lebaron coupe? If they did, and that car is original, I'd love to see/buy it.:)

Archived