LegacyGT.com

Premium gasoline recommended?

freak

ehh its not the same as a suby. vw are no fun. might as well get the NA legacy looks better. i think the power is almost same but jetta is a 5 cylinder? and besides you get AWD..but like i said thats boring ...turbo is the way to go..as for the gas i felt the same way as you before i made my purchase..but it does end up being only a few bucks more and right now i really dont mind with the gas prices...and since i live in chicago i consider premium an advantage for me.. not everyone gets 93 octane premium.

No fun? Ah, granted it had work, my Stage II GTI was loads of fun. I was making a reliable 280hp and 320tq at the crank, and on coils, it was loads of fun in the twisties. I'm sure once my Subi is Stage II, it will be a more fair comparison though. VWs are far from fun vehicles though. Have you ever driven any VW with the 2.0T in it, something like the GTI/GLI?

To the OP, if you look at the Jetta, the base 2.5 5-cylinder actually doesn't get exceptional fuel economy, in fact, the 2.0T gets gas mileage just as good, a Stage I 2.0T even better (I doubt you would even mod though.) As you said though, you don't want to pay for premium. Maybe you should go do some driving. Drive a N/A and a GT Legacy, and go drive a Jetta 2.5 and a GLI. If you're planning on going automatic, the 4EAT in the Legacy is laughable, a 4 speed, it's 2009! The 6speed and 6speed DSGs in the VWs are exceptional pieces of engeneering.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No fun? Ah, granted it had work, my Stage II GTI was loads of fun. I was making a reliable 280hp and 320tq at the crank, and on coils, it was loads of fun in the twisties. I'm sure once my Subi is Stage II, it will be a more fair comparison though. VWs are far from fun vehicles though. Have you ever driven any VW with the 2.0T in it, something like the GTI/GLI?

To the OP, if you look at the Jetta, the base 2.5 5-cylinder actually doesn't get exceptional fuel economy, in fact, the 2.0T gets gas mileage just as good, a Stage I 2.0T even better (I doubt you would even mod though.) As you said though, you don't want to pay for premium. Maybe you should go do some driving. Drive a N/A and a GT Legacy, and go drive a Jetta 2.5 and a GLI. If you're planning on going automatic, the 4EAT in the Legacy is laughable, a 4 speed, it's 2009! The 6speed and 6speed DSGs in the VWs are exceptional pieces of engeneering.

how'd i know your gonna say something like that..your avatar says it all lol..anyway yes ive driven couple my friends have its not bad of a drive and power is somewhat comparable, but ya it does lack awd unless you get r32. and personally not a fan of hatches, but i do love their interiors especially the blue and red. ive also seen some mechnical problems with vws from few owners oh ya and i might be a bit biased since i am a suby owner but who isnt lol ;)

There are even newer turbo cars that dont require premium, you should look into something with direct injection like the mazda speed 3, speed 6 or saab. I really dotn consider paying 3dollars more a tank paying to play. If you cant afford 3 dollars more a tank you shouldnt be looking at any newer car because you cant afford the loan anyway. If your saying you wont buy premium because you refuse to pay more than soemone else would for 87 then you are not a car enthusiast and you should just get a camry. I have been paying for 93 or higher since i was 16.

I'm not a millionaire but our combined income is 200K+ so it's not a matter of being able to afford it and/or the gas. It's a matter of what I consider wasteful spending. I don't receive satisfaction from premium gas. It's kind of like paying for texting service (which I don't yet I can afford it) No satisfaction.

Exactly, then your not a car enthusiast and you shouldnt be getting a car like this. You should save it for someone who will do something good with it, drive it the way it is supposed to be driven, mod it and enjoy putting the correct octane gas in it. For we use premium grade gas, because we are premium grade drivers :rolleyes:, seriously look into the 3.0r, it takes regular has nice suspension gets pretty close gas mileage, the horsepower is the same but the trq is lower. They also arent mod friendly and since you arent gonna mod it anyway then your fine.

Exactly, then your not a car enthusiast and you shouldnt be getting a car like this. You should save it for someone who will do something good with it, drive it the way it is supposed to be driven, mod it and enjoy putting the correct octane gas in it. For we use premium grade gas, because we are premium grade drivers :rolleyes:, seriously look into the 3.0r, it takes regular has nice suspension gets pretty close gas mileage, the horsepower is the same but the trq is lower. They also arent mod friendly and since you arent gonna mod it anyway then your fine.

Actually I'm looking at the Special Edition.

Oh so special edition is like limited vs non limited. The nonlimited has cloth seats and no sunroof and the limited is leather with sunroof.

Two dealers I called said they cannot get the non-limited. They said it is only for rental cars.

Two dealers I called said they cannot get the non-limited. They said it is only for rental cars.

...and I wanted the non-limited too. I could give a rats ass about leather and sunroofs. I just wanted the stick and awd.

Archived