LegacyGT.com

LED interior "ambient Lighting

ArcTec34

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots cheaper than fastwrx.com. But that brightlightautoparts.com is in

Australia, yikes, shipping would kill ya'.

Hey Rusty,

I reckon if you were to google LED and filter on local hits only you would find the same item locally. Everything of this nature is imported in Australia, so you will should it also. Low cost and perfect fit for the Maps and Dome. I will probably install a second one in the trunk.

Kind Regards,

Mark.

I didn't bother, so I just used the LEDs for the door switches. For my illuminated cupholder, however are on a dimmer.

So yeah, there aren't "dimming" wires in the door, and putting new wires in the door isn't a fun task

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to find an OEM dimmer and put it in the blank spot to the right of the dash light dimmer and mirror adjustment. The OEM dimmer won't shut off the LED's though, so I though about getting an on/off button in addition to put in one of the blanks to the right of the mirror heat button.

Any ideas where I could obtain these things?

-OEM or very similar dimmer dial

-Button that will fit in the allotted space (one of the blanks)

If you want door-mounted LEDs on a dimmer, you're going to have to run new wiring into the doors, which isn't fun.

But to get the actual buttons, I'd look around ebay, or even find the part number for the button used for stock dimmer..

I was just thinking about this this morning. I still want to do some ambient interior ligthing... but I cant think of a way to make it dim enough w/o producing a ton of heat with a resistor or something..

I'm no electrical engineer.. I understand +5 -5 +12 -12 and some 120/220 stuff and thats about it :p

I want a very very dim source-less light behind the door handle that just gives sort of a glow effect from behind the door handle in red. Maybe something similar in the OHC as well to light up the center stack just a tiny bit.

if you can tell it was modded.. it wasn't done right. Thats what I'd want.

any ideas on how to do that? I guess a smaller LED would work? Flat head to have a source-less light?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Arctec34,

Im starting out doing the easiest which is the MAP/DOOM lights.

I just ordered them. Is it plug and play once I recieve them?

This legacy is actually my first car so this is all new to me. Usually Ill pay someone to do everything, But since its my car why not learn to do everything myself.

haha, yeah- you can learn a lot by doing stuff by yourself. For some performance stuff, I'll get it professionally installed though because I just don't want to deal with uppipe leaks, etc

The LED bulbs for the dome/map lights are just plug in play. The LEDs are directional, so pop them in, and try turning them on before you put the covers on. if it doesn't turn on, you ust have to reverse the direction which you put it in.

You should look into doing the map lights on with the dome light mod as well, you don't need any experience, as there is a writeup about it, and I can also answer any questions you have. and it makes a HUGE difference- much more light when opening the doors at night.

good luck and happy modding!

also, how which LED light did you order for the dome light?

Archived