LegacyGT.com

LED interior "ambient Lighting

ArcTec34

^ You'll like the interior lighting of the '09+ Foresters, then.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it looks good but, I wouldn't do it.. sometimes I think I'm getting too old for car mods. :spin:I'd rather have a subtle overhead or behind door handle light that is not noticeable as a light because of its dimness.. yet provides enough light to make out the shape of the center console.. like moonlight..

Normally i'd never do it but it was cheap, only cost me 30 bux total :)

• 1 month later...

anybody in the tri state area that would be willing to help (read: do :D) the interior footwell lighting and add a trunk light for my car (and maybe doors)? ive an 05 and unless i dont know any better, theres no freaking trunk light!

obviously there will be something in terms of compensation, but i can do beer/food if ya like too.

^yes you should. and you should install it for me too :]

would you be willing? ill drive on down to ya if youre not too far.

I'd try to do a plug and play type of thing for the trunk light.. so anyone would be able to... Just need to figure out how because the LEDs and circuit I use are a bit pricey.. theres probably a better way. I have tons of midterms this week.. I shall look into it next week

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

i used the oznium super bright green and wired up 470 ohm resisters.

for the foot wells and the cup holders i tapped into the cigarette lighter in the front dash to save myself some wire.

and put a switch in the ash tray. (took the little insert out so if i ever want to get rid of lights i just take out switch and put the insert back in and looks like nothing happened)

for the front pass i had thick green as power and there were 2 grounds i could of used (checked with LED itself by inserting prongs) the grounds were red and silver striped. and orange and silver striped.

on the front driver side it was the same as arctek said although there were other positive and neg's i used what he said cause the other ones put out 10v instead of 12v. i dont know why. so i used the thick black as neg and the thick green as pos.

to my liking.. the other handle lights turn off with the window lock! :D i was so happy about that.

and the drivers side (which doesnt turn off with the window lock) i added a switch hidden in the cargo compartment thing by the floor

• 1 year later...
anybody in the tri state area that would be willing to help (read: do :D) the interior footwell lighting and add a trunk light for my car (and maybe doors)? ive an 05 and unless i dont know any better, theres no freaking trunk light!

obviously there will be something in terms of compensation, but i can do beer/food if ya like too.

Did you get a light indtalled? I installed 2 12" LED strips in my trunk and they are fantastic! I'll have to get a pic.

Where in NY are you located?

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Here's my trunk. Was a total of $25 only because I ran out of electrical connectors and had to pick up dome more.

I installed two 12" white LED strips in the trunk. 1 probably would have been sufficient, but I had two! :-)

http://tapatalk.com/mu/43fd9b9a-ea92-e16d.jpg

Excuse the mess, I had my breaker bar and torque wrench out to change to winter tires last night.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I'll add this in here. 2 LED's in the map lights.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/00vr6gti/DIY%20Suede%20Interior/IMG_3289.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/00vr6gti/DIY%20Suede%20Interior/IMG_3288.jpg

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Did those replace the "white" lights of the map lights? Or are they auxiliary?

I still want to do some ambient lighting, but I haven't really spent time to come up with anything.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

There LED's that I put into the map light assembly to come on with the lights.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/00vr6gti/DIY%20Suede%20Interior/IMG_3198.jpg

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived