LegacyGT.com

Mini Cooper S or Legacy GT Wagon

Jacks GT

I gave you some info in the other thread you asked why i dont have anything in my profile. I would like to know what you are accusing me of? Being a troll, this is my only name on here, has been since i started coming on this site.

Why do you accuse me of hiding something on 2 posts now? What would you like to know, Im 21 live with my girlfriend and daughter in milwaukee WI. I work for a large bank corp, i drive a 05 legacy gt and my CBR was wrecked while riding at 40mph and a woman in a silver taurus wagon decided to jump lanes into me, sending my bike into a pole and me to the hospital with broken thumbs and torn legiments (sic). Name is John, im 6,2 and weighed in at 191 last week. My sign is a cancer and i like hunting, driving anything and candle lit dinners.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this choice should be for the LGT Wagon. I've owned both cars, and I've sold MINIs. The MINI Cooper S is a great car and I miss the one I had, but I wouldn't buy an 03. Go for 04/05 or newer, they have better transmissions with improved gear ratios. The 03s feel sluggish compared to the newer ones.

I gave you some info in the other thread you asked why i dont have anything in my profile. I would like to know what you are accusing me of? Being a troll, this is my only name on here, has been since i started coming on this site.

Dude just be a man, apologize, bow out gracefully and don't keep fanning the fire w dickish replies. You know you're better than that.

Apologize for what? I did nothing wrong, he asked me why i had no info in my profile so i gave him some info. What did i say that i thought the mini was a feminine car, well i do. Its an opinion, there is no fact saying that the mini is one way or the other, this whole thread is based of opinions and thats what i gave.

Hahaha i orginally wrote midget, but i do have friends who are little people. They dont mind if i call them names becasue they just call me names back but people they dont know dont get the same treatment. Nothing worse than a whole bunch of tiny people attacking you(its actually a nightmare of mine):rolleyes:

Very true, what 17 year old doesnt put friends into his or her car. Unless you live in a area with all little people the mini is gonna make it hard to drive friends comfortably.

if he doesn't like the LGT wagon, or thinks he may be made fun of for having a wagon.... look into a sedan maybe. I just don't like the Cooper that much, after being in one... never driven one, just cramped like a sardine in the back. looks nice, but the FWD and interior size kill it for me.

or go for the wagon and buy him the "you got beat by a Wagon" sticker for the back :cool:

the more i think about it, i wish Subaru was still making the LGT wagon 5MT. Outback XT with 5MT is looking REAL good right now... 3+ feet of snow on the ground, and another foot+ over the next 2 days... I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

A tad more ground clearance would be much appreciated. Tired of pushing all the damn snow in front of me. I just know i'm going to break something... :icon_frow

if he doesn't like the LGT wagon, or thinks he may be made fun of for having a wagon.... look into a sedan maybe. I just don't like the Cooper that much, after being in one... never driven one, just cramped like a sardine in the back. looks nice, but the FWD and interior size kill it for me.

or go for the wagon and buy him the "you got beat by a Wagon" sticker for the back :cool:

the more i think about it, i wish Subaru was still making the LGT wagon 5MT. Outback XT with 5MT is looking REAL good right now... 3+ feet of snow on the ground, and another foot+ over the next 2 days... I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

A tad more ground clearance would be much appreciated. Tired of pushing all the damn snow in front of me. I just know i'm going to break something... :icon_frow

FINALLY someone else on this site who hates snow lol.

Haha, don't worry hes not bothered about people making fun of him....the school only 400 students n the nicest/newest car i saw in there was one of the small chevrolet sedans, umm kinda like the pontiac g5?

And as for the snow hating...hes just saying that, people would complain about the snow everyday up there, but as soon as its gone or if its a day late, everyone gets all depressed hehe.

I like snow at the right times, and hate the shit out of it at the wrong times.

If the snow were 3-6". i'd have no problem with it. the problem i have is the damn near 4 FEET we have right now... i think we've been below freezing for 2+ weeks now... which is not normal around here. we almost always have above freezing temps during the day, may be 2-3 days in a row below but for the most part the snow melts after a week.

there is NO end in sight right now. We have run out of places to put the snow... the City plows have been running non stop for a week now, and still it's just the main roads and secondary roads. every time they start to plow the other streets, we get another 8". endless nightmare.

I don't personally dislike driving in the snow, gives me "reason" to be slideways... but the nutjobs on the road are getting annoying. but once you get to a certain depth with snow, the "fun" is gone and it becomes a chore.

I told my co-workers, I'm going to hunt down and find whomever Prayed for a White Christmas, and strangle them. :lol:

FINALLY someone else on this site who hates snow lol.

yeah, every time we get an ice storm, my wife wants to go out for dinner and a movie. That 45min drive home from Columbus gets really interesting about midnight.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

If the snow were 3-6". i'd have no problem with it. the problem i have is the damn near 4 FEET we have right now... i think we've been below freezing for 2+ weeks now... which is not normal around here. we almost always have above freezing temps during the day, may be 2-3 days in a row below but for the most part the snow melts after a week.

there is NO end in sight right now. We have run out of places to put the snow... the City plows have been running non stop for a week now, and still it's just the main roads and secondary roads. every time they start to plow the other streets, we get another 8". endless nightmare.

I don't personally dislike driving in the snow, gives me "reason" to be slideways... but the nutjobs on the road are getting annoying. but once you get to a certain depth with snow, the "fun" is gone and it becomes a chore.

I told my co-workers, I'm going to hunt down and find whomever Prayed for a White Christmas, and strangle them. :lol:

Yeah we have had a couple 10-12inch storms, and it just warmed upped its now 30, instead of -25 wind chill temps like 2 days ago.

The snow is fun when traffic is light and i dont have anywhere to be at a certain time. Otherwise its a PITA

the snow is fun when traffic is light and i dont have anywhere to be at a certain time. Otherwise its a pita

Qft!!!!!!

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

i miss snow, just doesn't feel like christmas this year when it's in the 70s

kind of ironic that when i lived in a snow state i bought a miata,

now that i live in texas i'm shopping for a suby....DOES seem very retarted...

i miss snow, just doesn't feel like christmas this year when it's in the 70s

kind of ironic that when i lived in a snow state i bought a miata,

now that i live in texas i'm shopping for a suby....DOES seem very retarted...

Don't get hung up too much on no snow during the holidays, it's great during Xmas time and hated the rest of the winter. It's been quoted by many that sentimentality is one of mankinds greatest flaws and weaknesses.

Im 17, I own a sedan not a wagon and I like the car alot. Although coming from a 88 gmc with holes in the floorboard many things were better. Then again I did own a golf, so I can't complain but I did buy all my cars with my own money which is another reason why I had to love em before I bought them. That tiny toy mini is fun to drive but not practical if you have friends, live in areas with snow, ice, etc. The shaggin wagon is a much better choice but see if he wants a sedan, I personally like the sedan alot more.

good luck

That tiny toy mini is fun to drive but not practical if you have friends, live in areas with snow, ice, etc. The shaggin wagon is a much better choice but see if he wants a sedan, I personally like the sedan alot more.

good luck

With proper tires the MINIs are great in snow and ice. Check out these links: http://mini.ca/en/More_MINI/MINIfun/DominateWinter/default.aspx and http://www.mini.ca/en/More_MINI/Winter_MINI/default.aspx

Here are some racing driving tips that are applicable to all cars but in this guide are focused on the MINI: http://www.miniusa.com/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_0222E8D7744C1A0D55478696269C238678E82500/filename/asphalt_arts.pdf

Also, if you need to make room for a special friend in your MINI follow the instructions in this guide: http://blacklightarrow.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/how-to-have-sex-in-a-mini/

wm_normal_4-sexinamini_1.jpg.8f2694b0a62fe388d587606be6608f8d.jpg

With proper tires the MINIs are great in snow and ice. Check out these links: http://mini.ca/en/More_MINI/MINIfun/DominateWinter/default.aspx and http://www.mini.ca/en/More_MINI/Winter_MINI/default.aspx

Here are some racing driving tips that are applicable to all cars but in this guide are focused on the MINI: http://www.miniusa.com/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_0222E8D7744C1A0D55478696269C238678E82500/filename/asphalt_arts.pdf

Also, if you need to make room for a special friend in your MINI follow the instructions in this guide: http://blacklightarrow.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/how-to-have-sex-in-a-mini/

Any car that low to the ground already has a huge disadvantage no matter the tirers or drivetrain

Any car that low to the ground already has a huge disadvantage no matter the tirers or drivetrain

2005 LGT wagon ground clearance = 5.9 inches

2003 MINI Cooper S ground clearance = 4.5 inches

Neither one can be thought of as 'high' off the ground or suitable for off-road, deep snow driving. If you need that get an Outback or SUV.

Despite the ground clearance issue, we have many MINI drivers here in BC that use their MINIs regularly in snow. In Whistler, home of the alpine, cross-country and sliding events for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, there are many MINIs running around. Likewise in the Okanagan valley in BC, which is fairly cold and gets a lot of snow in the winter.

It would only be on rare occasions that you would have trouble negotiating winter driving conditions in your MINI.

2005 LGT wagon ground clearance = 5.9 inches

2003 MINI Cooper S ground clearance = 4.5 inches

Neither one can be thought of as 'high' off the ground or suitable for off-road, deep snow driving. If you need that get an Outback or SUV.

Despite the ground clearance issue, we have many MINI drivers here in BC that use their MINIs regularly in snow. In Whistler, home of the alpine, cross-country and sliding events for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, there are many MINIs running around. Likewise in the Okanagan valley in BC, which is fairly cold and gets a lot of snow in the winter.

It would only be on rare occasions that you would have trouble negotiating winter driving conditions in your MINI.

1.5 inches is a pretty good amount car to car. Im glad canada has minis, im just having some trouble seeing how a very light, fwd, low to the ground car is that great in the snow. But maybe im missing something

Archived