LegacyGT.com

Mini Cooper S or Legacy GT Wagon

Jacks GT

i think a mini S would have been such a wild car if was i still 17.....maybe almost too wild...i can see my 17 year old self getting into some trouble with it

but on the flip side, as a 17 year old.....the wagon would be a bit too "family-ish" at that stage i feel, even though GT wagons are pretty quick

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 21 year old son, who's not ghey {he's a serious NCAA D1 jock}, drives an Audi C4S6 Avant {wagon in Audispeak}. To those that don't know what it is, it looks a lot like a lowered soccer mom ride with better wheels, rubber, lights and exhaust. Until you drive it. The thing is a beast. If he were to buy another car, a 2005 MT LGT wagon would be a strong contender. He will never drive anything but a sportswagon. Appreciates the space for lugging his stuff around, and prefers the look. Of course he's grown up with my addiction to sportswagons. We've had at least one in the garage since 1985.

I love the JCW MCS, as an "extra" car. In fact, we've come close to pulling the trigger on one a couple of times. I'd vote for the LGT for your son. Split the cost of some mods with him. I won't tell you how much that half has cost me over the years!

If I were a 17 year old ... I'd be all over the Mini! :)

+1

As much as I like my wagons I need to concur.

Plus, c'mon RBP? It is old man/grandma color. 17 yrs old in RBP LGT wagon? That's too much. Any other color I am okay. But not RBP.

OTOH if he is okay with that then the youngster has character. Unlike many wussy daisies on this forums, who worry about their manhood if caught in a wagon :lol:

But honestly. I'd say neither to not have him get in trouble.

2.5i Legacy sedan or wagon (just not RBP!) with manual would be perfect car for him. Safe, not too fast, and practical.

I remember when I was in school and I had a wagon "Nomad" but I was also into sports and needed to haul all my friends and gear. With tinted windows nice wheels and a decent stereo who cares it does several things plus all wheel drive and subaru'a resale value.I just went thru this with my wife she's driving a subaru! Loves the all wheel drive because it's snowing outside as we type.

I remember when I was in school and I had a wagon "Nomad" but I was also into sports and needed to haul all my friends and gear. With tinted windows nice wheels and a decent stereo who cares it does several things plus all wheel drive and subaru'a resale value.I just went thru this with my wife she's driving a subaru! Loves the all wheel drive because it's snowing outside as we type.

resale value?

my $31+k(msrp) LGT LTD MT Wagon is valued at less then half of that after 4yrs.

I don't buy to resell, I buy what I think will meet my needs.

OT, if this kid is really going to be driving in Montana, a 2dr 4x4 4cyl pickup truck is what I would recommend(taco, ranger, etc.). Reliable, safe, easy on the wallet, hauls all of his crap, and can't be used for multiple person transport by his mooching friends who never pay for gas.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Personally, I'd get the LGT wagon. When I was in college, I had a passat, and I really appreciated having all the extra room for people and luggage. Great for grocery and road trips with roommates. In winter, we added a ski rack and went on ski trips to Canada. IMO, cars are cool in college, and more seats = better road trip car. I almost got a GTI instead, and I'm glad I didn't.

Haha, he doesnt look like that...at all, he looks very...English teenagery

http://a891.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/m_6919a77b66bdc2538492d581c5dc9402.jpg

Wow he really does the whole baggy trousered/shell suit/Radio 1 drum & bass look doesn't he. I'm betting he would have been a Citroen Saxo kid if he was born 10 years earlier :lol:

Ok, on second thought I'd say wagon. Too bad it's RBP/tan. But he will find it very practical. Back of the wagon has many uses, some particularly interesting ;)

I always wanted a GT Wagon. I sold my 03 Mini S 6MT after 6 months. Leather was not preforated, AC took forever to get going (this seems to be common) and it was just too damned small. However, it was pretty damn fun to drive. and there are plenty of mods available from lots of places such as Mini Mania, etc.

Take it easy baby, no need for this meanness. We should keep it peaceful, homeboy, Jesus!

mcrae.me/minecraft

facebook.com/mike.mcrae.me

twitter.com/mcraeme

I went with a '05 Cooper S and I've never regretted once. The only problem I've had with it was a bad after-cat O2 sensor (replaced under warranty). Still makes me grin like an idiot after 4 years.

I'm shopping for an LGT right now to serve as a better family car, but the Mini is a car that I'll keep as long as I can still drive.

My car before my LGT. Basic stuff. DDM cold air, Borla cat back, Hotchkis 19mm rear bar, EBC Greens, blacked out a good portion of the chrome, 16in RPF1's. Those wheels at like 14lbs each with the rear bar made it a little monster in the turns. I had no problems scaring unknowing passengers in the twists.:lol: And I have to add, the community is great for the most part. A few of forums (Northamericanmotoring.com to be exact) has a wealth of info but a few of the mods are real dildos along with some members. I got flamed badly when I said I thinking of a Subaru. After that, I said "Fock this forum, you assh0les, and your opinions. I'm outta here". Go ahead and PM PGT. He knows the shit that goes down there. And I need to give him credit. He stood up for me when I said that. Thank you, Dan.;)

IMGP0397.thumb.jpg.04326aca55936bf0413460dec93e8c7c.jpg

n1046680826_30072631_6501.jpg.938afb32426f03ea30821b77fa7e1edc.jpg

What a bunch of money, the best names in Cooper performance (Tuls, Jan@ RWM), and backing from MINIUSA can do:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33lTY-AH4g&feature=related]YouTube - ABF Performance MINI COOPER at PINKS all out Englishtown, NJ[/ame]

Archived