LegacyGT.com

Mini Cooper S or Legacy GT Wagon

Jacks GT

Way to much! But in all seriousness im in the upper 3K range but then again thats me under 5 cars, living in nyc. I also have a whole bunch of discounts from grades, drivers ed, n safe driving class yet its still ridiculous. Next year it should be a bit less considering i will only be under 1 car(have my own policy) and be living out of the city. Cheers and good luck those insurance companies are bastards!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im 21, no accidents 1800 a year but i still have 1 or 2 tickets that havent fallen off yet. When i had the T/A, new yorker and supra i was paying only 1300 a year for all, the T/A had full coverage and i was 19 at the time. I love multiple car discounts

And chicks dig coopers? lol If its ass hes after tell him to get a Trans Am for like 10k and then spend 5 on a winter car. Some of you guys may think girls dont care about what car you drive, WRONG i picked up alot of girls in known racing areas 10 seconds after they flagged me down asking for a ride. Now these may not be classy ladys but who needs class when you young

Soooo.... what's it like to pee green?

:lol: Nahh but thanks, there are a couple of OBXT's in the area for around 15k, I might get him to check them out once he gets there

Prolly better for Montana anyhow.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Look at the Insurance costs on both.

17 year driver in a Turbo car could be very expensive. The Mini may be better on insurance, but it also has alot of problems since I was looking at one and was told by a BMW mechanic pal not to buy one.

You will be in Montana where the Subaru would be a better car and a safer car for your kid. If the insurance winds up being up too high buy a N.A. legacy or lease it for like nothing.

^

your insurance cost comment is not true at all.

I'm 22 years old now. recently sold my LGT but my LGT was actually cheaper in insurance than cooper S (got quoted before I got my LGT).

insurance companies think LGT is a regular car and considering that most japanese, what it used to be a family cars, sedans are coming with over 250hp.

Go with the LGT or OBXT. Safe car and extra storage room is very handy when he gets little older. plus living in PNW, AWD and wagon is a must have for winter sport lovers ;)

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

^

your insurance cost comment is not true at all.

I'm 22 years old now. recently sold my LGT but my LGT was actually cheaper in insurance than cooper S (got quoted before I got my LGT).

insurance companies think LGT is a regular car and considering that most japanese, what it used to be a family cars, sedans are coming with over 250hp.

Go with the LGT or OBXT. Safe car and extra storage room is very handy when he gets little older. plus living in PNW, AWD and wagon is a must have for winter sport lovers ;)

It's because the LGT is not performance based car first.

it's a family sedan first.

now if the LGT came with 400+hp, twin turbo, only 2 doors, huge wing the size of a small state, the insurance would be higher. it's "class" would change from a Family Sedan to a Sports sedan. the WRX is in a Sports sedan class, even if it's not a STI. an imprezza is not sports sedan... but the WRX is. I don't make the rules/rankings but thats pretty much how it goes.

the beauty of the LGT, the Family Sedan class it resides in. If the LGT's insurance class would change.... we'd all be complaining.

• 2 weeks later...

Tell him to bring over a Td5 Land Rover Defender 110! LOL!

There's all your problems solved. But won't be fast at all LOL!

Unlikely to happen though!

Tell us what he decides to go for when he comes over though!

Yeah, I love my insurance with this car, it is actually about $30 bucks cheaper than on my 2005 impreza rs, I would assume that the Mini would be up there in insurance compared to any subaru (minus WRX/STi cars.)

Actually, my MINI was cheaper than my LGT, albeit by about $6. Remember, it depends on the company, too. I was 21 with a clean record, had full coverage and paid about $110/month which was damn good in my book. I have Nationwide and they just saw low power hatchback like a Civic hatch or a Gulf. They didn't think of it as a GTi or the like ala a performance hatchback. If you want a cheap company that's super easy to deal with, check them out.;)

LOL!,

Who's Knocking the Defenders? I had a regular TDI when I lived overseas. That truck was frekin sweet. It was a 110 with the rear seats removed, snorkel, winch, and water tank. Also had a big rack and nice fog lights. Was a manual as well. So yeah I wish they still exported the Defenders into the U.S. Only ones I can find here are used, way overpriced and only come with the gas engine which I don't care for myself.

Archived