LegacyGT.com

The GF just bought a mazdaspeed6.

Lol i did the same thing, i went though a private warehouse dealer where i test drove a 03 srt-4, 05 lgt(which i obviously bought) and a speed 6. The srt-4 i knew i wasnt getting but i just wanted to beat the crap outta it, plus it had almost evey bolt on you could do minus turbo. The Legacys trq was what sold it for me.

Naw... It's just the only good thing I have to say about this car. The turn in feels nice but doesn't mean its actaully any good. You spend the rest of the turn trying to scrub off speed, because you turned into fast and you can't rotate the rear end very well.

Looks are completely opnion, to me the LGt is far better looking, the power is better, even if papaer says different. Even magazines comparing the two were confused on how the LGT seemed soo much more torqy since it made less power. When your coming out of a turn at about 4krpms and mash the gas you will def be able to tell which car shines, just incase you are confused its not the speed 6 lol.

there are 3 speed6s sitting at the chevy dealer in Provo, Utah (and that is out of a total of 12 used cars!) and another three at the mazda dealer. What is up? Possibly they suck in the snow amongst other things and turned them in??? :iam:

Guest heightsgtltd

Hey Whitestar, did you pay MSRP for your LGT or below invoice? :rolleyes:

I love how everyone who paid no where near MSRP for their LGT is then completely mystified that it doesnt have stellar resale value :lol:

I didn't say a Mazdaspeed6 would outrun a Legacy.

Funny how no one wants to talk about the difficulty in selling a Subaru by owner, as opposed to the better known Mazda brand.

It called trade it in...while mazda is "more popular" by your standards... i would in no way own one

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

just wondering...what are your reasons for wanting it over the LGT?

Xenon headlights

Keyless ignition

More power

Turbo comes on faster

6-speed (I don't have a spec-b)

I like the looks a bit better :hide:

Handling seems superior too (at the cost of some ride quality)

there are 3 speed6s sitting at the chevy dealer in Provo, Utah (and that is out of a total of 12 used cars!) and another three at the mazda dealer. What is up? Possibly they suck in the snow amongst other things and turned them in??? :iam:

Actually, we just had it out in the snow (on OEM tires with 35K on them!). Didn't do bad at all.

Test drove one and almost leased one when I had an 05 Legacy GT...I liked it but thought the power fell off at higher rpm, clutch engagement was bad, Bose sound system was poor, no all season tires, and what I felt as poorer quality of built. So in retrospect I am glad I didn't pull the trigger.

Xenon headlights

Keyless ignition

More power

Turbo comes on faster

6-speed (I don't have a spec-b)

I like the looks a bit better :hide:

Handling seems superior too (at the cost of some ride quality)

Actually, we just had it out in the snow (on OEM tires with 35K on them!). Didn't do bad at all.

Yah know you can add simple parts to make the LGT faster and handle better. Probably for similar price of the speed6...oh wait they stopped making them. :lol:

6speed...big whoo

The Speed6 got disco'd for a reason.

The Speed3 will live on because it competes with the WRX and Cobalt SS, etc. It performs in a market designed to be lower than our LGT.

I saw a new Mazda 6 on the road today and its a handsome car, but gigantic (the front flare is pretty dramatic though, and might hurt sales). It's competition for the new Camry or Accord.

Archived