LegacyGT.com

If there were no Legacy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know the specs, just curious how responsive all those horses are

It's like a nice ocean wave surge. 340 horses come fast, although in a heavy car S4 or S6, it doesn't feel as significant. Coming from a MT wagon as yourself, the difference is smoothness of power delivery. the RS4 is a whole different beast, but the S4 won't feel significantly faster

I know the specs, just curious how responsive all those horses are

Very very smooth power delivery, very linear. The exhaust note is intoxicating as well. Has a subdued rumble. The Audi is a solidly built vehicle. To tell you the truth though, my LGT handled way better than the S4. The amount of understeer in the S4 was sickening (in a bad way!). LGT is a more practical car, that gets better mileage (although the S4 doesn't need premium).

Probably would have been the Mazdaspeed3. I was very close to closing the deal on one back in February, but, ufortunately :icon_cry:, I held off on it because I needed a reliable vehicle without a turbo and with better gas mileage. I stuck with the Legacy 2.5i until I'm out of school and I move closer to the job, then I'll get somethin speedy! :D

Im glad I decided to hold off on it though, because I have already put 24K miles on my Legacy since I got it back in March.

Short list of cars that were shopped at the same time as my 2.5i:

• Passat GLS 2.0t 4motion wagon
  • Mazda6 wagon
  • Volvo V70R

Considered, but not too seriously:

• Passat W8 wagon
  • BMW 540it (wagon)...do you see a pattern??
  • Jaguar X-Type estate, er wagon
  • Benz E55 wagon

I am all about the "utility", but not vehicles with that specific term in their description. Funny thing is, I had the check in hand to buy the 2.0t the day I ended up getting my 2.5i as the dealer had sold the 2.0t just hours before I made it back to the lot. I guess it wasn't meant to be. :cool:

Short list of cars that were shopped at the same time as my 2.5i:

• Passat GLS 2.0t 4motion wagon
  • Mazda6 wagon
  • Volvo V70R

Considered, but not too seriously:

• Passat W8 wagon
  • BMW 540it (wagon)...do you see a pattern??
  • Jaguar X-Type estate, er wagon
  • Benz E55 wagon

I am all about the "utility", but not vehicles with that specific term in their description. Funny thing is, I had the check in hand to buy the 2.0t the day I ended up getting my 2.5i as the dealer had sold the 2.0t just hours before I made it back to the lot. I guess it wasn't meant to be. :cool:

What about the BMW 325ix touring?

453747.png

I forgot to add to the list, If it were AWD.... Acura TL. not the new styling, i think it's Fugly. I'd have picked up left over 08.

Like this one. I just like the look of it. I think the 09 has AWD as an option... but it's really ugly IMO.

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/images/AcuraTL.JPG.jpg

The other cars I considered while shopping around:

Maxima - passed on this because of FWD and poor turning radius, but loved the engine

G35 - passed on this because of price, loved most everything else

A4 - passed on this because of power and reliability, but loved the looks

Accord V6 coupe - passed because it was too common, FWD

Acura TL - nice ride and interior, but expensive and FWD

Altima 3.5 V6 - just came out - might be a contender, but FWD

Everything else that I might consider would be out of the price range that the legacy was in.

I forgot to add to the list, If it were AWD.... Acura TL. not the new styling, i think it's Fugly. I'd have picked up left over 08.

Like this one. I just like the look of it. I think the 09 has AWD as an option... but it's really ugly IMO.

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/images/AcuraTL.JPG.jpg

As a former 2G TL owner, I have to agree with you. The 08 model was a nice looking car. The new one is SH-AWD, and 300 HP. But it's ugly as sin. I'm on the Acura board a lot. If you want more info, go to www.acurazine.com and poke around the boards. Lots of info and a pretty good crowd.

Archived