LegacyGT.com

If there were no Legacy

^

The U.S. market Delorean actually had only 130 hp from a SOHC Peugeot-Renault-Volvo 2.8 liter V-6 due to emissions limitations. Euro-spec Deloreans made 170 hp from the same engine.

I probably would have splurged for an Audi S4 Avant if no LGT wagon were available in 04-05. Now, I'd get an 09 WRX 5-door.

i wonder if the thing i saw was not US market documentary.

http://www.delorean.com/newbuild.asp

oh baby!!!!!!1! 197hp option :eek:

http://www.delorean.com/vin_10866/large/DSC05821.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STi, G35X, CTS4, One year used Audi S4, Toyota Tundra, Nissan Titan (now that I live in Maine for college, I strongly considerded doing as the Mainers do and buying a ncie truck. The Tundra with the iForce V8 and 420HP is really a fun machine. With a few mods they really haul. I just couldn't see myself being happy when summer rolled around and I was back home. I would miss hitting the Auto-X.

Order of choice:

1. Impreza Wagon (At least 2.0 liter NA, maybe WRX). (Assuming Subaru was still around)

2. LandRover Freelander.

3. A VW Golf with 4-motion.

4. Volvo V50 T5 AWD (Not that I like the 5-cylinder engine, but i want AWD).

453747.png

Great question. Really made me think. I got the Legacy b/c I am a family man that needs a good family car who would NEVER succumb to the minivan craze. I also like fast, upgradeable cars. AWD helps in the snowy winters as well so Legacy fit the bill.

If I wanted to afford a ridiculous car payment and worse gas mileage, I'd definitely go with the new Pontiac G8 GXP. Those are bada$$.

Within the same budget I'm working with now, no doubt a used Mazdaspeed 6. I believe it edged out the '06 Spec B in an Edmunds comparison test (don't know if that's saying anything, though). :eek: Please don't crucify me.

Joel

It would suck. I'd probably look at Mazda 6 wagon w/stick (available at the time), although it would still suck.

Today I'd consider 535xi wagon w/6mt.

Archived