LegacyGT.com

If there were no Legacy

Mazdaspeed6

When I was in a position to buy a car in July 2005, the Mazdaspeed6 was supposed to have been out already. I wanted to buy that car early 2005, but just didn't come out. Then in July I found out about the LGT, bought it, and then the Mazdaspeed6 came out later in 2005, or maybe early 2006, I forget.

Anyways, I test drove the Mazdaspeed6, and it justified my LGT purchase :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back in Feb '05 when I bought my LGT, I was actually very close to getting the G35 6MT instead of the LGT. It's actually kind of a funny story - the day I was supposed to go down to the Subaru dealership to sign the paperwork for the LGT, I first stopped by an Infinity dealership that had the exact G36 I wanted for a test drive. I didn't want to have any regrets so I figured if I liked the G35, I would likely get it over the LGT even if it was a few grand more. It had snowed about 1-2in the day before.......long story short, the salesman couldn't get the car out of the spot :lol::lol::lol:!! That pretty much sold me on the LGT w/no regrets.....I guess it was just meant to be.

Within the same budget I'm working with now, no doubt a used Mazdaspeed 6. I believe it edged out the '06 Spec B in an Edmunds comparison test (don't know if that's saying anything, though). :eek: Please don't crucify me.

Joel

The Spec. B lost? That's impossible!

I love how people are saying that if they didn't get the Legacy they would have bought a car at almost twice the price (535 xi) :rolleyes:

If you had that much money to spend in the first place, there are far better cars to buy.

I would most likely have gone with a Forester XT, or MS6.

:rolleyes:

For some it's not about price, it's about price/value ratio.

What's the price/value ratio on your LGT right now ? ;)

Even better!!! :lol:

Besides I don't care. I am keeping my wagons until the wheels fall off, or until a worthy replacement appears. The latter not likely anytime soon.

Even better!!! :lol:

Besides I don't care. I am keeping my wagons until the wheels fall off, or until a worthy replacement appears. The latter not likely anytime soon.

Good call! I agree with what you say. Out of everything I looked at, price, performance, modability, ease to work on, etc., the Legacy was the best choice.

I also plan on keeping it until I am forced to get another car.

-John

Been thinking this over last night.

If I were pruchasing when I got my LGT, It likely would have been another Baja T. and if it wasn't a Subaru, It likly would have been a Toyota Tundra

If today, It would likely be a an STI (07 or 09). if it wasn't subaru, I would have a really hard time finding something that I would like, espically since one of the big reasons I like subarus is for the boxer engine and AWD that works. Would like be an Audi A4 or S4 beacue they have very simular AWD system. Other than that, I would get a SVX and pocket the differance into a 5MT converstion and other mods.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Reading over everyone's responses there are a lot of loyal Subaru owners...which is cool, but I think the LGT is the only Subie I would ever own. I love the performance of the STi(s), but it's a bit too small for me.

I feel the same way, that is why I would likely choose the 09 STI, because they made the size just over my minimum size.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Reading over everyone's responses there are a lot of loyal Subaru owners...which is cool, but I think the LGT is the only Subie I would ever own. I love the performance of the STi(s), but it's a bit too small for me.

:whore:

I like all the Subaru models, especially with their proven reliability, safety, and standard AWD, but the Legacy is the only one that is really me. WRXs and STis are cool, but they make it a little difficult to haul 3 kids with. I even looked at a few before settling on the Legacy. I am overall happy with my decision.

Archived